2017-2018 Texas Tech University - Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Apparently we are supposed to sign and submit some HB105 thing? I just noticed it on my portal today. Anyone else not notice this?

Also, good luck to OOS and IS special program applicants today!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Apparently we are supposed to sign and submit some HB105 thing? I just noticed it on my portal today. Anyone else not notice this?

Also, good luck to OOS and IS special program applicants today!

I called the school today about the HB. They said to go ahead and sign/submit. Does not matter if you were to do it now or if you receive an acceptance in the future. From what I saw after checking my portals this morning, this was the only school that had this on there.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know what time of day OOS acceptances went out last year?

Members don't see this ad :)
I called the school today about the HB. They said to go ahead and sign/submit. Does not matter if you were to do it now or if you receive an acceptance in the future. From what I saw after checking my portals this morning, this was the only school that had this on there.

Thanks so much for calling and posting this! I was worried about this.

Can someone post a screenshot of what the acceptance email looks like? I'd like to just indulge in the beauty of your good news! :claps:

Reactions: 2 users
Can someone post a screenshot of what the acceptance email looks like? I'd like to just indulge in the beauty of your good news! :claps:

NNdSulSl.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Any in state dual degree or FMAT applicants get any news yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Update: I called admissions about in state students who are eligible to hear back same day as OOS (FMAT and dual degree) and they said they are still going to have a few more committee meetings to finalize decisions and we should know by the end of the week.

Reactions: 1 user
Update: I called admissions about in state students who are eligible to hear back same day as OOS (FMAT and dual degree) and they said they are still going to have a few more committee meetings to finalize decisions and we should know by the end of the week.

Can regular OOS applicants also expect to hear back this week?

For future interviewers, I just had my interview today and it was the most laid back, conversational interview ever. No ethical questions were asked at all. Very nice and sincere faculty members.

For future interviewers, I just had my interview today and it was the most laid back, conversational interview ever. No ethical questions were asked at all. Very nice and sincere faculty members.

Wow that's awesome! You're lucky! As a disclaimer, not all interviewes are like that so be prepared for anything!

Yes true! I heard some people weren’t as fortunate ;/
Wow that's awesome! You're lucky! As a disclaimer, not all interviewes are like that so be prepared for anything!

Also interviewed here today. One student and one faculty member, both open file. They were both super laid back. The students there repeatedly said "This is the most relaxed interview day you'll have", and they were right. However, each interviewer has 2-3 questions they are required to ask you (which are randomly assigned to you). The rest is just chill convos.

Last edited:
Yeah one of my interviews here was definitely not chill lol

Hi y'all. I have a 64 Lizzy M and was wondering if I had a chance here (from a top 25 university if that even matters). Would appreciate some feedback!

Anyone know if we have to report speeding tickets here since Texas considers speeding a class C misdemeanor?

Anyone know if we have to report speeding tickets here since Texas considers speeding a class C misdemeanor?

Did the secondary ask for it? I can't remember. The TMDSAS primary said we don't have to disclose speeding tickets

Did the secondary ask for it? I can't remember. The TMDSAS primary said we don't have to disclose speeding tickets

No mention of it on secondary. I'm just wondering if we need to send info directly to the school anyways for transparency.

This is from the TMDSAS 2017-2018 Handbook:
upload_2017-10-24_11-43-57.png

This is part of the TMDSAS primary application:

upload_2017-10-24_11-45-45.png

Based on these, I think you should contact TMDSAS.

Just explain it. A speeding ticket should not bar you from medical school. Not reporting it might though.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
The lack of updates fills me with dread
Lubbock give me an interview

This is from the TMDSAS 2017-2018 Handbook:
View attachment 224719

This is part of the TMDSAS primary application:

View attachment 224720

Based on these, I think you should contact TMDSAS.

Just explain it. A speeding ticket should not bar you from medical school. Not reporting it might though.

Thanks for the info. I actually spoke to TMDSAS and they said that it was not necessary to report minor traffic violations (like speeding) on the app. Not so sure about individual schools though.

Thanks for the info. I actually spoke to TMDSAS and they said that it was not necessary to report minor traffic violations (like speeding) on the app. Not so sure about individual schools though.
I don’t think schools will care about traffic violations if TMDSAS doesn’t. I only had one school (U of Vermont) ask specifically about speeding tickets on their secondary.

If the secondary asked to address misdemeaners, then you should disclose it (after calling them to see if they care about speeding-I had to call a&m about this). If they don't re ask you on the secondary, that means they are fine with the info from the tmdsas. Tmdsas specifically states on the app that you don't have to disclose speeding and minor trafffic violations.

Thanks for the input everyone! I hope everybody is having a good interview season.

II received yesterday. IS, complete early September, LM ~60. Very excited and happy to get this!

I apologize as I didn't look at which dates were still offered in Nov/Dec because I instantaneously picked the earliest open slot, which is this upcoming Friday.

Reactions: 5 users
II received yesterday. IS, complete early September, LM ~60. Very excited and happy to get this!

I apologize as I didn't look at which dates were still offered in Nov/Dec because I instantaneously picked the earliest open slot, which is this upcoming Friday.
Congrats! You must be an incredible applicant and very well rounded to get an interview invite with LM ~60. Very impressive. Now own this interview and become a doctor.

Does anyone know how likely it is to get a Dec interview? I was complete early July but no II so far.

Does anyone know how likely it is to get a Dec interview? I was complete early July but no II so far.

I know someone who received an interview invite the very last week of November last year. Don't start worrying yet

My first cycle applying I had my interview here the second week of december. I finished my secondary around mid september.

Accepted today to MD/MBA!!!!!!!!! IS. Mama, we made it!:soexcited:

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted today to MD/MBA! IS. Interviewed end of September.

What does this mean for prematch/match? If I accept their offer, can I still wait for interviews or offers from other schools? Hoping for an interview from one particular school because of personal/family reasons

Reactions: 3 users