2017-2018 UNTHSC Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey I am planning to apply here for 2018-2019, can anyone tell me if my stats are ok? They're a bit low, but 3.4-3.5 gpa, 3.2 sGpa, and projected 508 MCAT (taking June). Thanks all.

Members don't see this ad.

What is the absolute latest date that someone can be accepted off the waitlist at TCOM?

Members don't see this ad :)
The first day of TCOM orientation for entering class 2018
C/o 2019 had someone accepted on the second day. She was a MedSci and didn't really need the first day of orientation anyway.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know when they’re sending out fin aid packages?

Anyone know when they’re sending out fin aid packages?

Loans gets disburse early July. Make sure you are on the facebook group, it'll be your lifeline for a lot of things.

Loans gets disburse early July. Make sure you are on the facebook group, it'll be your lifeline for a lot of things.

I understand that loans are always disbursed just prior to class starting, but I am asking when offers will be sent out that include scholarships, grants etc. Seems most schools have already sent them out.

I don’t have a Facebook though so maybe I should make one for other future info.

I understand that loans are always disbursed just prior to class starting, but I am asking when offers will be sent out that include scholarships, grants etc. Seems most schools have already sent them out.

I don’t have a Facebook though so maybe I should make one for other future info.
Facebook will be the best way for you to keep in communication with your class. Many of your nicest classmates will post reviews or other helpful materials for tests on your class Facebook page. I strongly suggest that you make an account.

Reactions: 1 user

Join the class of 2021 or 2020 and ask on facebook : ). I have no idea actually, but I know there was a $1k needs based grant that I didn't get. Also, you can try calling TCOM and ask. They'll get back to you quick.

Anyone know if there has been any movement here recently? I know other Texas schools have had some.

Went from "under review" directly to "accepted" today as of 1 pm!! :) (am a MedSci)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Accepted off of the waitlist from 1:00 PM today via e-mail! Went from "under review" directly to "accepted". Good luck ya'll! :love:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Texas Tea.jpg

I've heard tell that 8-10 applicants have been offered a spot at "Texas TeaCom" in the last week or so, but only 2 have announced here.
Share the news, y'all! I like to include it in my Texas Roundup posts on this thread :The Republic of Texas XXXVI: You may all go to hell, and I will go to a Texas medical school

Just dropped my acceptance here for a spot off the waitlist at McGovern. Good luck guys!!

Just received an acceptance offer at around 10 am today!

If you dont mind me asking, what were your stats?

>3.5 GPA and >520 MCAT - Not sure if it matters, but I also finished the MedSci program this year with a >3.8 GPA

>3.5 GPA and >520 MCAT - Not sure if it matters, but I also finished the MedSci program this year with a >3.8 GPA
Holy **** those are some impressive stats! Great on you bro!

So I've heard that there is the regular waitlist and the Medsci waitlist. Has anybody heard/read up on anything similar?

So I've heard that there is the regular waitlist and the Medsci waitlist. Has anybody heard/read up on anything similar?

I may be wrong but it seems like 2 weeks ago they made a bulk decisions on medscis- we were all "under review" and directly either got accepted or got put on the regular waitlist, so now everyone is on one waitlist and they are moving down one by one as spots open up

I may be wrong but it seems like 2 weeks ago they made a bulk decisions on medscis- we were all "under review" and directly either got accepted or got put on the regular waitlist, so now everyone is on one waitlist and they are moving down one by one as spots open up

I second this - I received a letter via snail mail a couple weeks back indicating that I was placed on the formal waitlist. Prior to that (after match day) all I was informed of was that my application was under review and to continue to do well in the program.

So my application has been "under review" for a while now (since February) even though i was waitlisted. Is this normal? I heard that the status is changed to waitlisted if ones on the waitlist

So my application has been "under review" for a while now (since February) even though i was waitlisted. Is this normal? I heard that the status is changed to waitlisted if ones on the waitlist

My status remained as "under review" even while I was on the waitlist.

Has anyone heard anymore updates on waitlist movement?

Hi, I'm in the process of applying here currently and am working on the secondary application. One of the sections states "if you attended more than two college/universities, explain why." If i took a couple of courses at a community college after my freshman year of undergrad, do you think that it is necessary to explain that here even though I was not enrolled as a full-time student at the community college? Thanks!

Hi, I'm in the process of applying here currently and am working on the secondary application. One of the sections states "if you attended more than two college/universities, explain why." If i took a couple of courses at a community college after my freshman year of undergrad, do you think that it is necessary to explain that here even though I was not enrolled as a full-time student at the community college? Thanks!

That would not be considered "more than two" college/universities, so no

No need to mention it if it was just the one additional school. Just in case anyone else falls in that category, though, it's no big deal if you did go to several universities. I took classes at two different community colleges and did summer classes at a local university in addition to my primary undergrad because finances were a big challenge. Explained it in the secondary, never got any questions about it and got accepted.

Still on the waitlist, seriously crossing my fingers for them to change their minds. Any word of any movement this late in the game?

Still on the waitlist, seriously crossing my fingers for them to change their minds. Any word of any movement this late in the game?

I'd read up on the threads for the other Texas schools but I've read on UT Southwestern having some solid movement with some people giving up their spot theres, Long, UTMB, Lubbock, and at A&M within the latter half of last week. I've only looked at Texas schools, but unless if some schools have been holding spots then perhaps we may seen a trickle more

A friend of mine was accepted off the waitlist last week on May 31st.

ACCEPTED OFF WAITLIST AS OF THIS MORNING AT 9:56AM!!!!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 5 users
My friend was accepted off the waitlist on May 15.

Is there a pre secondary screen for OOS? Is there a point to apply from CA and have no ties to TX?

Is there a pre secondary screen for OOS? Is there a point to apply from CA and have no ties to TX?

If I was from CA, with no TX ties, and I wasn’t an absolute rockstar, I wouldn’t donate money to TMDSAS.

So I heard a few people got off towards the end of last week with TCOM having said they expect 10-15 spots to move sporadically throughout July. Anyone heard anything similar?

So I heard a few people got off towards the end of last week with TCOM having said they expect 10-15 spots to move sporadically throughout July. Anyone heard anything similar?

I'm 90% sure they won't take any more after orientation starts