2018-2019 Albany Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 10/9 and have not heard back yet. Does that mean I am waitlisted (or rejected) if someone from 10/9 already got accepted ?

Last edited:
Interviewed 10/9 and have not heard back yet. Does that mean I am waitlisted (or rejected) if someone from 10/9 already got accepted ?
Likely it means you aren’t clearly inside the margins of reject/undecided/ or accepted and so they haven’t given a decision yet.

ACCEPTED TODAY! Interviewed end of September & My first acceptance of the cycle AHhHhHhHH!!!

Reactions: 8 users
Likely it means you aren’t clearly inside the margins of reject/undecided/ or accepted and so they haven’t given a decision yet.
Yeah probably...ah well, this process is so unpredictable, just gotta wait and see what happens.

During the interview, can we take notes during the 2 minutes for reading the prompt?

Congratulations to all who are accepted! Can you guys post your stats? Interviewing soon, can you describe the interview day as well?

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an interview invite, submitted apps pretty late.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed here October 1st. Still waiting!

All the posts I've seen have said they started their interview day at 8am, but mine says check-in at 11am and the interview starts at 11:30am.
Can anyone confirm that they had an interview day that started later than 8?

All the posts I've seen have said they started their interview day at 8am, but mine says check-in at 11am and the interview starts at 11:30am.
They do occur. You are in an “afternoon” interview.

Mine was at 11

I just withdrew my interview scheduled for Monday 11/19- hopefully it will go to one of you!

Reactions: 4 users
Okay, odd question here. I tried to upload a pic, but that isn't going to work I guess.

With my secondary application (which has been stuck in limbo for weeks) it says

"pending Certified supplemental application receive"

It appears this is preventing me from submitting the secondary? Maybe?? I have already paid the fee and all other sections are marked YES, so by all accounts it should be good. I've attempted to call AMC numerous times, but nobody ever answers the phone.

So, any thoughts folks? Truthfully, if I could get my secondary fee back I'd probably forget the whole thing.

Okay, odd question here. I tried to upload a pic, but that isn't going to work I guess.

It appears this is preventing me from submitting the secondary? Maybe?? I have already paid the fee and all other sections are marked YES, so by all accounts it should be good. I've attempted to call AMC numerous times, but nobody ever answers the phone.

So, any thoughts folks? Truthfully, if I could get my secondary fee back I'd probably forget the whole thing.
You’ve already pressed the “complete” button at the bottom of the page?

Has anyone who interviewed on 10/1 heard back yet?

Okie you should call the admissions office and see what’s up. Others waiting from 10/1 my interview was around then last year and I heard right before Tgiving, though no promises cuz some people from that interview date heard after Tgiving.

Reactions: 1 users
Is Albany receptive to in the area requests? Will be in NYC and wondering if they can review my file so I do not have to travel back again. Thanks guys

Does anyone know the January breakdown for interviews?

Has anyone heard any post-interview news lately? Been about 6 weeks since my interview

Has anyone heard any post-interview news lately? Been about 6 weeks since my interview
there will probably be a big wave next week before thanksgiving. From what I've seen the big decision days are also the same days as interviews. We have one monday interview next week. could be then.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks! Is it pretty substantial?

When I interviewed it was cold cut sandwiches, water, fruit, and cookies; there were a lot of leftovers because most people had had breakfast before coming in. For my afternoon session the day ended pretty early around 3:15.

Can someone tell me when the morning (8am) interview session typically ends or when it ended for you? It says plan for 5-6 hours on the site, but wanted to see if it was closer to 1pm or 2pm. The best flight back home I was able to get was at ~315 pm. Hoping to get an Uber/Lyft to the airport (~20 min) and get through the security check in time to make that flight.

Thanks in advance!
If you make sure you're in the group that interviews first, you could leave the tour early if needed