2018-2019 Albany Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How late has amc given out iis in the past?

Based on the Albany thread last year, people received interviews through February and some in March

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Damn. Interviewed 10/1 and still nothing. I guess they taking their smooth time to craft these rejection letters

Reactions: 1 user
Damn. Interviewed 10/1 and still nothing. I guess they taking their smooth time to craft these rejection letters

post interview though? Albany post interview to acceptance rate is rather high (65-70% iirc). I wouldn't be so pessimistic about your chances if you have interviewed there.

Members don't see this ad :)
post interview though? Albany post interview to acceptance rate is rather high (65-70% iirc). I wouldn't be so pessimistic about your chances if you have interviewed there.
Who told you it was 65-70? I've never heard of a number that high

Who told you it was 65-70? I've never heard of a number that high

Rush Medical College had 70% post interview rate to acceptance last year and University of Illinois had 86% post interview to acceptance rate (won't be that high this year) last year

Last year it was less than 40%
That seems low for the post-interview acceptance rate, especially for a lower-tier school. Are you sure that’s not the post-interview matriculation rate?

That seems low for the post-interview acceptance rate, especially for a lower-tier school. Are you sure that’s not the post-interview matriculation rate?

Last year they interviewed around 800 students for 100 spots (40 for the 140 class size come from linkage programs at local universities). 250-300 acceptances out of 800 IIRC

Anyone who interviewed mid to late October hear back yet? I interviewed towards the end of Oct and was told we would hear back at the end of November. Thank you.

Anyone who interviewed mid to late October hear back yet? I interviewed towards the end of Oct and was told we would hear back at the end of November. Thank you.

I interviewed first week of October and haven’t heard anything. I know people have heard around that time so I’m not really sure what it means

Same boat as you. I did not hear anything

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an II here yesterday! I've been complete since July, so this was out of nowhere!

Reactions: 5 users
Waitlisted. Does anyone know the acceptance rate of the waitlist approximately?

Reactions: 2 users
Just got waitlisted post-interview!

Got the under consideration email as well. Interviewed 10/12

Waitlisted (under consideration) an hour ago. Interviewed 10/9

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Not sure about exact numbers, but most of the class seems to be pulled off the under consideration list.

Thanks, good to know. Do you know how receptive Albany is to letters of intent after UC status? I know they don't accept updates though.

Thanks, good to know. Do you know how receptive Albany is to letters of intent after UC status? I know they don't accept updates though.
Hey! So letters of intent in general mean nothing to admissions staff. The only time they are intrigued by them is if you are accepted into another school and would prefer Albany. Albany also doesn’t allow updates except for grades so send grade reports if you have them to submit during winter break.

Hey! So letters of intent in general mean nothing to admissions staff. The only time they are intrigued by them is if you are accepted into another school and would prefer Albany. Albany also doesn’t allow updates except for grades so send grade reports if you have them to submit during winter break.

Ok, got it. Also, do you know if we can get pulled off the UC list at any time or does movement only occur in the spring/summer as the email seems to indicate.

Ok, got it. Also, do you know if we can get pulled off the UC list at any time or does movement only occur in the spring/summer as the email seems to indicate.
Hey! You can be pulled off any time. I was put on before Tgiving and accepted in February.

To those of you who were recently "waitlisted" remember it's actually much better than being waitlisted. Your chances are still fairly good for acceptance. I like to look at it as "at LEAST I'll be on the waitlist, but I could be accepted any day"

Reactions: 4 users
LOL. Complete in July. Radio silence. Assuming Albany does silent rejections?

Wow.....July. I have been getting antsy being complete since late October yet only hearing crickets. Guess I'll quit holding my breath LOL.

Reactions: 2 users
Wow.....July. I have been getting antsy being complete since late October yet only hearing crickets. Guess I'll quit holding my breath LOL.

LOL. Like... what’s up Albany? I’m here!! Hello!?! Should I send cookies to the admissions office?

Hey guys, I just submitted my secondary but didn’t receive a complete email. Did anyone else have this issue?

Hey guys, I just submitted my secondary but didn’t receive a complete email. Did anyone else have this issue?
Well, I think it took me a couple days to get a confirmation, but also know that it's almost December...

Well, I think it took me a couple days to get a confirmation, but also know that it's almost December...
I didn't receive a confirmation email when I submitted & pressed the complete button. :(

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

accepted today at 1:30 PM! i interviewed 10/25 and thought it went well :)

Reactions: 6 users
+1 to acceptances this afternoon! Interviewed late October. Highlight for me was how deeply integrated the school is to a medical center with such a large catchment area and, subsequently, some serious pathology that rolls through their doors

Reactions: 3 users
So I interviewed 10/1 and still have heard no news. Does this mean I was waitlisted/rejected. Called office and they do not pickup

+1 to acceptances this afternoon! Interviewed late October. Highlight for me was how deeply integrated the school is to a medical center with such a large catchment area and, subsequently, some serious pathology that rolls through their doors
I saw your post on another thread awhile ago. Congratulations!!! Options are nice :highfive:.

Congrats to those accepted!!!

Did anyone who interviewed on Halloween hear back yet?