2018-2019 Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone receive a II recently?

Reactions: 1 user
And Congrats to the ppl who were accepted today!!!

Hopefully, the rest of us will hear something soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Admissions office lady was a troll “few weeks” LOL i had a feeling! 9/7 interview ACCEPTED!!!!! OOS ORM

Reactions: 7 users
If i haven't heard back and I interviewed on 9/7 is that probably a waitlist/rejection or will i probably hear tomorrow or the next few days?

If i haven't heard back and I interviewed on 9/7 is that probably a waitlist/rejection or will i probably hear tomorrow or the next few days?
I'm in the same boat - honestly don't know what to expect.

Dont think anybody has an answer on that honestly

Last year I interviewed on the first day and did not hear back from the school until two weeks after they started sending acceptances. I was accepted and currently attend RFU. Hang in there!
This gives me some hope

Just got an II! Been complete since 8/9. Beyond excited, this schools looks incredible!

Reactions: 8 users
Hey guys just got an interview here for November....curious as to where everyone stayed, how they got there from the airport, overall travel rec's etc.

Thank you in advanced!

Reactions: 1 users
Hopefully those of us 9/7 interviewees who haven't heard hear back soon because it seems like yesterday decisions went out at about 415 central time!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully those of us 9/7 interviewees who haven't heard hear back soon because it seems like yesterday decisions went out at about 415 central time!
Yeah still nothing yet

@Those who have received acceptances:
On the "Intent to Enroll" form that, what is "CAS ID Number"? Never heard of that

edit: WHOOPS! I'm an idiot-- CAS ID = AMCAS ID:rofl:

Last edited:
@Those who have received acceptances:
On the "Intent to Enroll" form that, what is "CAS ID Number"? Never heard of that

Your AMCAS ID - 8-digit number given by AAMC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait when we fill out the intent to enroll form, we're not committing to the school right? Like that's just holding our spot with the deposit?

II this morning! Completed in the last week of September. Super pumped to go home for a few days! With all of the "glitches" happening from a variety of schools this cycle, I'm really hoping it's not a mistake.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone scheduled for 11/13 wants to split rental car fees or just meet up and travel to the area together? PM me!

Does this school offer student hosts? Or does anyone recommend a place to stay? Also, what is the most convenient way to get to the school from the airport? Thank you!!

I interviewed on 9/7. Would it be appropriate to call and ask when to expect a decision because I believe they said 6 weeks at the interview and it’s been over 7 and getting close to 8 weeks.

Does this school offer student hosts? Or does anyone recommend a place to stay? Also, what is the most convenient way to get to the school from the airport? Thank you!!

Re: where to stay etc:
I travelled to interview from Chicago so can't speak about travel time from airport. The airport is not close to the RFUMS area so your best bet might be to take a taxi/uber. I stayed at Wyndham Ramada in Waukegan the night before and took an uber from there. There's a few budget hotels in the area. My recommendation would be to stay in Waukegan or North Chicago area since that stretch of Chicagoland has high commuter traffic during rush hour. If you are staying in the city, there's metra commuter rail trains that you can take up to North Chicago. Best of luck!

Is there a portal to check application status, or do we just have to wait blindly?

II this morning! Completed in the last week of September. Super pumped to go home for a few days! With all of the "glitches" happening from a variety of schools this cycle, I'm really hoping it's not a mistake.
do you mind sharing your stats?

Dumb question but to those who have been accepted and have made their deposit, is the program year 2019 or 2023?

Complete 08/16 and still nothing. Been accepted elsewhere but would really love to go here! Does anyone know if they've been giving out interviews for anyone complete around that date recently...also how far out are they booked for interviews?

Feel like I may never hear back.

Complete 08/16 and still nothing. Been accepted elsewhere but would really love to go here! Does anyone know if they've been giving out interviews for anyone complete around that date recently...also how far out are they booked for interviews?

Feel like I may never hear back.
Not sure how they go about reviewing apps, but I was complete 7/3 and just got an II last week and had interview date options through November!

Reactions: 3 users
Not sure how they go about reviewing apps, but I was complete 7/3 and just got an II last week and had interview date options through November!

That gives me some solace. So there's still hope lol. I would assume if there are November dates it's still early.

I got 3 acceptances from my IS, but I would move there in a heart beat.

I got 3 acceptances from my IS, but I would move there in a heart beat.

I’m with you there. I would take an acceptance here in a heartbeat, especially with the new curriculum they are implementing.

Praying for a II from here!!!

Well I'm glad to see I'm not the only one in the same boat lol. I submitted in mid August too but it's been radio silence. Maybe b/c I'm out of state?

Well I'm glad to see I'm not the only one in the same boat lol. I submitted in mid August too but it's been radio silence. Maybe b/c I'm out of state?
Same. Really hoping we hear back soon.

Reactions: 4 users
Submit everything early July including Casper, still no complete email.

I want my secondary money back. I feel like they didn’t even review my app.

You might be complete but just without a formal email notification. This happened to me at another low-yield school. You might want to check with them

i'm interviewing then too! couldn't PM you tho it said your profile doesn't allow it!
Hey! I already booked my flights and hotels :(. I'm planning to just sightsee and explore chicago on the 11th-12th. You're welcome to join me in my excursions. I'll probably figure out how to take the L to get around haha. I think I've changed my settings for PMs if you want to talk to me directly.

I feel like that for about 10 schools :/

I got my II from this school on 10/23, but the interview dates that were open didn't work with my schedule. I called their admissions office and they said that more dates would open. Since then they have added a date for the first week of December (which unfortunately still doesn't work for me).

If the dates you see don't work for you, do make sure to contact the admissions office since their email states that you need to schedule your interview within a specified range after receiving the II email. If you contact them to inform them of schedule conflicts, they will understand and exempt you from this!

I got my II from this school on 10/23, but the interview dates that were open didn't work with my schedule. I called their admissions office and they said that more dates would open. Since then they have added a date for the first week of December (which unfortunately still doesn't work for me).

If the dates you see don't work for you, do make sure to contact the admissions office since their email states that you need to schedule your interview within a specified range after receiving the II email. If you contact them to inform them of schedule conflicts, they will understand and exempt you from this!
What dates were available?

Does this school take ITA emails? Im gonna be in chi for a conference around the end of the month and @purplecrocs said theres a nov 30th date available (which is like....right when Im gonna be in the city). I know they dont take updates but not sure if a ITA is considered an update or not.

Does this school take ITA emails? Im gonna be in chi for a conference around the end of the month and @purplecrocs said theres a nov 30th date available (which is like....right when Im gonna be in the city). I know they dont take updates but not sure if a ITA is considered an update or not.
I don’t believe they do

Does anyone know when the interview day is over? I’m trying to figure out my flights and I can’t find a schedule for the interview day.