2018-2019 Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R this morning (pre II). Complete late Aug

Members don't see this ad :)
Over here patiently waiting for this R to pop-up in my inbox :depressed:

Reactions: 8 users
Anyone know if II are still going out? I’ve been complete since this summer and haven’t heard anything from admissions

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if II are still going out? I’ve been complete since this summer and haven’t heard anything from admissions
Interviews go through April and as far as I've heard they're only up to Feb dates so far, so there are still IIs to come.

Reactions: 1 user
Interviews go through April and as far as I've heard they're only up to Feb dates so far, so there are still IIs to come.

The last scheduled interview date for this year is April 3rd. I can't guarantee that they won't change that one way or another. Or that I'm supposed to share that information, but there it is.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted early January. Interviewed early November. Is there a Facebook group or any sort of action going on bw other accepted students?

Haven't heard since my 10/5 interview. Think it would be appropriate to email admissions for the first time since its over 3 months since the interview?
Yeah, it doesn't hurt at all. That's what i did since it has been already 4 months since my interview day and then I heard back in couple weeks after the email!

Accepted early January. Interviewed early November. Is there a Facebook group or any sort of action going on bw other accepted students?
The FB page hasn't been created yet. Usually goes up in late spring/early summer - which is plenty of time to do all the pre-school networking that you need to do.

(Reposting in case anybody is still interested in a student host during their interview)

My girlfriend and I are both M2s living 5 min away from campus in Lake Forest and have an extra bedroom with a full bed/closet/desk. We can drive you to your interview and would provide some breakfast, coffee, etc. The price would be cheaper than the hotels nearby and you'd get a better feel for the school by staying with some current students. I also might be able to pick you up from the airport depending on when your flight gets in, which would be much cheaper/more convenient than uber or train ride. We also have an extra parking spot if you have a car!

If that doesn't sound like something you'd want, Ros put together a list of places to stay. (Not sure if the link works, but here's the url)

Where to Stay

Message me or reply to this if you're interested! All upcoming interview dates are available as of 1/3/19.

Reposting in case anybody is interested in staying with a current student!

All interview dates are still available except for 2/8 and 2/14.

Nice R this morning.

Anybody from Union Station want to split an uber to campus today?

Last edited:
just a suggestion, you may want to take a train from union to North Chicago (UP-N line)! it will be much cheaper. union is actually really far from north chicago and the uber will be a decent amount of money

just a suggestion, you may want to take a train from union to North Chicago (UP-N line)! it will be much cheaper. union is actually really far from north chicago and the uber will be a decent amount of money

Just to add to this, you'd actually be catching the UP-N line at Ogilvie, not Union. It's not hard to get to the other station, you just have to walk a few blocks north on Canal street. I know, it's confusing that Chicago has two train stations right next to each other. Sorry lol :laugh:

Yeah, it doesn't hurt at all. That's what i did since it has been already 4 months since my interview day and then I heard back in couple weeks after the email!

Did you include anything else in your email besides an update on your status?

No. I just said that I wanted to follow up and check on my status since its been a while from when they said that we should hear back in 4-6 weeks.

Do like @Freddywap if you're going to email them - only ask about the status of your app.
Do not include any kind of update, because they do not accept them and may kick out or generically respond to your email if that's what it looks like.

No. I just said that I wanted to follow up and check on my status since its been a while from when they said that we should hear back in 4-6 weeks.
I emailed them same as Freddy did

Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II R yesterday. Best of luck to everyone still in the running!!! YOU GOT THIS!!!:thumbup:

Just had a question about the interview format! Is it only MMI? Is there any opportunity or interaction where they ask you about your application? I have major updates from when my app was submitted but to my understand I cant formally update my application, but will there also not be any opportunity within the interview to talk about anything?

Just had a question about the interview format! Is it only MMI? Is there any opportunity or interaction where they ask you about your application? I have major updates from when my app was submitted but to my understand I cant formally update my application, but will there also not be any opportunity within the interview to talk about anything?
Only MMI, no opportunity to discuss your application nor updates to it

For everyone waiting on post-interview desicions, was looking through last years thread and this school literally waits till the last second to accept people who interviewed after October-ish. Plenty (and I mean at least 60 people) of people get off the waitlist in May and June.
This cycle seems to be even more lackadaisical as a number on here interviewed in september and October (myself) and haven't heard back yet

Could you please share how you know this? Did you ask admissions or have an experience with this? Just wondering because I was about to send them an ITA :(
Current student + (iirc) stated on website + having read 5 years worth of this thread and seeing other people try it to no avail.
They have waaaay too many applicants to even be able to care about making it more convenient for any one person. Sorry :shrug: