Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

2018-2019 Creighton University School of Medicine

Discussion in '2018-2019 Allopathic School Specific Discussions' started by Lucca, Apr 21, 2018.

1. DameJulie

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Do I need to email admissions after submitting an update on the portal pre II?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. toedrag

Medical Student (Accepted)
    no

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    DameJulie likes this.
  3. smilelaughaly

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I have to catch a flight at 5:15 pm right after the interviews. Are they able to hold our luggage during the interview day?

4. DoctorDragon22

Medical Student
    If you ask Director Wessel to do so they will most likely do so for you

5. CJhooper123

CJhooper123 B.A. in Chemistry and Getting Buckets
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Interview invite!! Heading out last week of January. Truly blessed. Anyone know if this is for a waitlist spot?

toedrag and CAFFEINE! like this.
  6. DoctorDragon22

Medical Student
    Every interview invite is for an actual spot at that at medical school. Your question makes no sense.

CJhooper123 likes this.
  7. DoctorSnow

Pre-Medical
    You're mistaken. Schools can have enough acceptances handed out that their class size is full. Interviews at that time would be for a position on the waitlist until applicants choose to withdraw their app and the number of acceptances become lower than their class size, leaving seats open for waitlisted apps to get accepted. I'm assuming they were asking if Creighton has hit that amount of acceptances.

22TwEnJ, toedrag and CJhooper123 like this.
  8. DoctorDragon22

Medical Student
    You are mistaken in that there are no ‘waitlist” or “actual” spots. There is constant flux throughout the cycle and if they like you enough they will find a way to get you in there mark my words.

CJhooper123 likes this.
  9. CJhooper123

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Much appreciation. Either way, going to give it everything I've got and keep the fingers crossed.

toedrag likes this.
  10. DoctorSnow

Pre-Medical
    OP asked if his interview was for a WL spot, which is definitely a valid question getting an interview this late in the cycle. Out of the 8 schools I applied to, 2 of them have already frozen their admissions, meaning any interviews will result in a spot on the WL or rejection. Of course there's flux throughout the cycle, after all, it's called a WAITlist. ;) I think Creighton still has plenty of acceptances to hand out because they tend to have a later cycle than some schools like U of Iowa or UMD so good luck @CJhooper123 !!

CJhooper123 and toedrag like this.
  11. CJhooper123

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Thank you! Fingers crossed...

DoctorSnow likes this.
  12. hwpo143

Pre-Medical
    so my update includes research, volunteer work, and interest in the school - any advice on where to upload this if it doesn't neatly fit into a category?? I think research was the most lacking on my app so potentially that? any advice is welcomed