2018-2019 Emory University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So when they say there are acceptances going out Feb 11th, that actually means sometime in the days immediately following Feb 11th right? Or do the portals update on the 11th?

Letters mailed on that day, but in last year's thread, I remember reading that portals are updated the day after. Take it with a grain of salt, but I think we can expect some news in a couple days!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Letters mailed on that day, but in last year's thread, I remember reading that portals are updated the day after. Take it with a grain of salt, but I think we can expect some news in a couple days!

Here’s hoping! I guess the odds are slim that they would update the portal today. I interviewed on 1/18 and I’m not sure if I’ll be in this batch or not. I guess I’ll wait until tomorrow to start refreshing the portal.

Here’s hoping! I guess the odds are slim that they would update the portal today. I interviewed on 1/18 and I’m not sure if I’ll be in this batch or not. I guess I’ll wait until tomorrow to start refreshing the portal.
We interviewed same day! We’re def being considered for this batch of acceptances. It even said so on the paper in the folder they gave us

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
We interviewed same day! We’re def being considered for this batch of acceptances. It even said so on the paper in the folder they gave us

Well I knew we were being considered I guess I just wonder if they can push off the decision until the next batch or if they will def. make up their minds about the 1/18 interview group and send the letter on the 11th.

Last edited:
So excited to matriculate heree!! LOL Good luck every oneee!

Reactions: 1 users
Ahh congrats! Did your portal update today?!
Also just to clarify, that user got accepted earlier. He’s just excited to matriculate and he’s letting us know now and wishing us luck. I for one am not checking my portal until someone else says theirs updated and they got in

Also PSA, the Facebook group has 69 members, including current students there to answer questions. Their class size is around 135 each year, and is 138 now, so in spite of all these past waves from 2018-2019, they’re probably just under half full, so don’t lose hope!

Also PSA, the Facebook group has 69 members, including current students there to answer questions. Their class size is around 135 each year, and is 138 now, so in spite of all these waves, they’re probably just under half full, so don’t lose hope!
Nice

Reactions: 1 users
Also just to clarify, that user got accepted earlier. He’s just excited to matriculate and he’s letting us know now and wishing us luck. I for one am not checking my portal until someone else says theirs updated and they got in

I respect and admire your self-restraint. I'm pretty sure my index finger is gonna develop a stress fracture from mashing f5 on the portal all morning.

I respect and admire your self-restraint. I'm pretty sure my index finger is gonna develop a stress fracture from mashing f5 on the portal all morning.

If someone out there has had a portal update, don’t be shy. Don’t you care about wontonsoup’s index finger?

No point in doing that man. If no one has said anything, there likely hasn’t been an update. Or maybe there has. In any case, that’s too much ambiguity to draw a conclusion. I’m only checking when someone else has said something, when I can get a definitive answer about this wave.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also PSA, the Facebook group has 69 members, including current students there to answer questions. Their class size is around 135 each year, and is 138 now, so in spite of all these past waves from 2018-2019, they’re probably just under half full, so don’t lose hope!

I will pray this is true. I hope that the Facebook numbers "accurately" reflect the number of accepted students and we can prepare to see a large wave of acceptances today/tomorrow and March 4th- in order to fill the class.

I will pray this is true. I hope that the Facebook numbers "accurately" reflect the number of accepted students and we can prepare to see a large wave of acceptances today/tomorrow and March 4th- in order to fill the class.
I could see more of the filling of the class happening on March 4th, after the “Intend to Enroll” option becomes available on 2/19. At that point they’ll have a better idea of their numbers

BTW, where did you see 69 members? The official group I see has 522 members including current students.

Edit: Wrong page. 69 on Medical School page.

Last edited:
I could see more of the filling of the class happening on March 4th, after the “Intend to Enroll” option becomes available on 2/19. At that point they’ll have a better idea of their numbers

I agree with you 100%.

FYI, the portal has updated either the Tuesday or Wednesday of decision week in the past. No guarantee that, if accepted, we'd find out today. Might have to wait until tomorrow

FYI, the portal has updated either the Tuesday or Wednesday of decision week in the past. No guarantee that, if accepted, we'd find out today. Might have to wait until tomorrow

If it's a rejection, does the portal update with that status or is that only mailed?

I'm accepted but haven't joined any group because I'm waiting until later to do so. I know that's just me (large sample size i know), but I wouldn't use the group number as a measurement.

I'm accepted but haven't joined any group because I'm waiting until later to do so. I know that's just me (large sample size i know), but I wouldn't use the group number as a measurement.

You very much stated my thought. Not everyone would join the group. No real way to know.

BTW, where did you see 69 members? The official group I see has 522 members including current students.
Idk where you’re getting 522 but I assure you I’m seeing 69 students for class of 2023

Idk where you’re getting 522 but I assure you I’m seeing 69 students for class of 2023

I think we both were looking at two different Facebook pages. The Official Facebook page for class of 2023 has 522 members. There is another page (not stamped official) that has 69 members.

I think we both were looking at two different Facebook pages. The Official Facebook page for class of 2023 has 522 members. There is another page (not stamped official) that has 69 members.

Because you're looking at the undergrad class of 2023 page lol

Because you're looking at the undergrad class of 2023 page lol

Hahahaha. I just realized. I should return my coffee promptly. Thanks for catching that. Scrapy has the right page.

I'm the same way, I haven't joined any FB groups yet. I've said it in another thread: it's a terrible way to guage acceptances and using them for that purpose is borderline neurotic imo.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm the same way, I haven't joined any FB groups yet. I've said it in another thread: it's a terrible way to guage acceptances and using them for that purpose is borderline neurotic imo.
Wow 14 acceptances! That's impressive

Just got an II for next Monday the 18th! The admissions manager noted in the email that somebody had canceled their interview and figured it would be easier for me to attend it since I live close by (NC). I was complete mid-august and LM ~73.

Reactions: 7 users
Just got an II for next Monday the 18th! The admissions manager noted in the email that somebody had canceled their interview and figured it would be easier for me to attend it since I live close by (NC). I was complete mid-august and LM ~73.
That's great! Congrats! It's a great interview. Don't stress too much.

Wow 14 acceptances! That's impressive
I do hope that you will continue to release those acceptances that you do not want as you figure out your final decisions. As you can read on SDN, your peers on WL's are having panic attacks!

Certainly congrats on all of your acceptances! For others who are reading and will be first time applicants next cycle, make sure to get advice from trusted advisors who are knowledgeable about the process. Even tippy top applicants rarely get into 14+ schools, bc we advisors carefully construct the school lists for these students so that they are not expending more energy or resources than they need to in order to gain a strong handful of acceptances at places that will be a good fit for them. Even an amazing cycle might yield only 5 or 6 acceptances for a tippy top applicant, but if those acceptances are at "great fit" schools for the applicant, this is more than enough.

Reactions: 6 users
Should I go ahead and assume that they've stopped offering interviews? I'm an in-state applicant, and now I feel like my only chance is if someone cancels haha

Are portal updates staggered, or should I assume if it isn't updated right now, that I have to wait for the next cycle?

From my experience, they seem to update all at once. Looks like we have to wait for another cycle. This was my third :/

From my experience, they seem to update all at once. Looks like we have to wait for another cycle. This was my third :/

sames but at least the next one could be the big one. :) only like 1-2 weeks of interviews so they couldn't add that many people to the list before having to draw from the previous months

Does anybody know when Emory’s last MSTP interview is scheduled? I know they don’t give pre-II rejections, so since I haven’t heard anything since mid-July, I’m assuming it’s an R.

II just now! Was complete in August and IS :soexcited:

Reactions: 19 users
Congrats lmao! I assumed Emory was already done giving out II at this point
Thank you! I’m taking the spot of a last minute cancellation ;)