2018-2019 Hackensack-Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was wondering the same thing....and I almost feel like if it was an actual hold email it would have to say hold in it. But with phrases like "if selected for an interview" and "possible advancement", I think it's just splitting hairs. It could just be like two different people completed the prelim review and sending out slightly different emails, but I really don't know :/
I had the first status before getting an II. The second one sounds like a clear cut hold, at least to me

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What is Hackensack's secondary submission deadline? I already submitted my coursework, headshot, and disclosure form in early September, but got deterred by their portal issues. Any insight would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
People that interviewed, what time did the interview day conclude?

Also, I noticed someone mention that the acceptance deposit fee was non-refundable. I thought it was an AAMC policy that every allopathic school have to refund it if you rescind your acceptance before April 30th?

Also, I noticed someone mention that the acceptance deposit fee was non-refundable. I thought it was an AAMC policy that every allopathic school have to refund it if you rescind your acceptance before April 30th?
around 3:30

Finished around 4 depending on who you’re tour guide is

The website says it’s nonrefundable. Aamc policies aren’t actual rules but moreso guidelines so maybe this school decided to not follow it? Or maybe the website said it wrong. Who knows

Does anyone know anything about sending updates to this school? Thanks.

Hey everyone, I interviewed last week, but I wanted to express that I was debating on even going to this interview (because of finances) but I am really glad I did. Even though its a new program, I am confident that most of you guys/gals will be impressed on the interview day. The curriculum has been very well thought out and organized. You feel the sense of support and community on interview day. Good luck to everyone on their future interviews!

I am not an expert on this school or the area by any means, but if you have any questions regarding interview day, i can try to help.

Hey everyone, I interviewed last week, but I wanted to express that I was debating on even going to this interview (because of finances) but I am really glad I did. Even though its a new program, I am confident that most of you guys/gals will be impressed on the interview day. The curriculum has been very well thought out and organized. You feel the sense of support and community on interview day. Good luck to everyone on their future interviews!

I am not an expert on this school or the area by any means, but if you have any questions regarding interview day, i can try to help.

Hey, thank you for sharing! Did the school mention any information on how many II's they plan to send or when they will continue II'ing until, slots available, etc?

Hey, thank you for sharing! Did the school mention any information on how many II's they plan to send or when they will continue II'ing until, slots available, etc?

They did not mention anything about the amount of IIs they plan to send out or when they stop interviewing. However, they said this second class will increase to about ~90 students as opposed to the 60 students in the inaugural class.

So, this should mean more II's will be given out. I know that doesn't answer your question, but that's the information we got.

Reactions: 1 users
They mentioned that they’ll keeping interviewing into the spring so my guess is feb/March. They seem to be filling spots only a couple weeks in advance so II will probably be extended until dec/Jan maybe even later

Is there a place to store luggage at the interview for those who’ve already been?

The initial review of your application is complete and will remain in this status as we continue to evaluate candidates. Throughout our review process your application will be evaluated for possible advancement. If additional information is needed we will reach out via email.

Just received this update today. Does this mean I'm on hold or is this just a complete email?

The initial review of your application is complete and will remain in this status as we continue to evaluate candidates. Throughout our review process your application will be evaluated for possible advancement. If additional information is needed we will reach out via email.

Just received this update today. Does this mean I'm on hold or is this just a complete email?

Did you receive a “preliminary review complete” email before this?

Got the same email about a month ago.

Just received this:

Went under review on 9/17

Just received this:

Went under review on 9/17
Samesies :/

yes on 9/27

Wait im confused? So you got this email first: "We have completed the preliminary review of your application and you meet our admissions requirements. Your file is now being reviewed to determine if you will be selected for an interview. You will remain in this status until you are selected for an interview or the admissions cycle closes."

And then you got the hold email: "The initial review of your application is complete and will remain in this status as we continue to evaluate candidates. Throughout our review process your application will be evaluated for possible advancement. If additional information is needed we will reach out via email." ??

oh i didn't know you could be put in hold after receiving the first complete email.

I went from “preliminary review complete” to interview invite.

I did not get the second “initial review complete email” after prelim complete

I went from “preliminary review complete” to interview invite.

I did not get the second “initial review complete email” after prelim complete
How long did it take from preliminary complete to interview invite?

Are anybody’s app which were placed in preliminary review in october complete now?

I got mine completed review email on 10/5, no further update

Has anyone been accepted yet? Pretty sure at my interview they mentioned decisions would be released about 4 weeks later. Anyone else get similar info?

Hallelujiah! My prelimenary review is finally complete lol. Might be a long shot at this point, but I hope I can still get an II here.

Mid October
interviewed at the same time. I emailed them end of October about when to hear back and they said within a month. I just dont know if they meant within a month from when you interviewed or within a month from when I asked. Oh well, hoping we hear before thanksgiving.

Last edited:
interviewed at the same time. I emailed them end of October about when to hear back and they said within a month. I just dont know if they meant within a month from when you interviewed or within a month from when I asked. Oh well, hoping we hear before thanksgiving.
It's possible whoever emailed you may not know, I got the vibe they weren't totally organized/knew on when adcom meetings would be (understandable for a new program). I asked at my interview day and they said a month, so hopefully not much longer for us

It's possible whoever emailed you may not know, I got the vibe they weren't totally organized/knew on when adcom meetings would be (understandable for a new program). I asked at my interview day and they said a month, so hopefully not much longer for us
They also said that the dean wants to be done with this process as soon as possible which makes me think they’re gonna try to fill the class ASAP