2018-2019 Hackensack-Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Prelim review complete 9/17 and just silence.

that's brutal. I wonder how many apps they got this year, the wait is tortureeee

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Did they email you back? I havent heard anything since asking for the extension?

I got a confirmation e-mail after submitting secondary/payment a day or so later.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they email you back? I havent heard anything since asking for the extension?
I asked for an extension, submitted my secondary Tuesday 10/23, and just received a confirmation email today on 10/25.

wow i spoke too soon, just got the email saying they completed the preliminary review, and will be reviewed to see if I will be selected for an interview....waiting begins again lol

Reactions: 2 users
My prelim review was complete on 9/25. Really hoping I get some love!

Just FYI peeps, if you get an acceptance here, you get 2 weeks to decide if you want to keep it plus you have to put down a $100 non refundable deposit

@Cheetos123
They have a small admissions committee and I’m guessing maybe 2-3 people who do prelim reviews which is why its taking forever

Just FYI peeps, if you get an acceptance here, you get 2 weeks to decide if you want to keep it plus you have to put down a $100 non refundable deposit

@Cheetos123
They have a small admissions committee and I’m guessing maybe 2-3 people who do prelim reviews which is why its taking forever

did you get accepted?

So all of you paid for the secondary by snail mail? Any other options?

Members don't see this ad :)
So all of you paid for the secondary by snail mail? Any other options?
I guess you can fly out to Nutley and hand deliver your check. Or better yet, a cross country marathon

II for effort right there

Reactions: 1 user
Finally got the Prelim Review Complete today, was placed into it on 9/7, so it takes a while

Hi. would you mind sharing what the email said? Thanks!
It says my file is being reviewed to decide whether I'll get an interview or not. It also says I'll stay in this status until I'm either offered an interview or the admission cycle ends, which makes it sound like they don't send rejections but idk.

It says my file is being reviewed to decide whether I'll get an interview or not. It also says I'll stay in this status until I'm either offered an interview or the admission cycle ends, which makes it sound like they don't send rejections but idk.
Thanks! Yeah their emails are really strange

Why so silent, good messieurs?

I think all medical schools are slow this year...? could it be the new policy of not being able to see their applicants acceptances? no school wants to have empty seats i guess lol so the review process is slow in general. Just my $0.02 tho

There seem to be two separate emails being sent out regarding a "hold" or pre-interview "hold."

One email states : “We have completed the preliminary review of your application and you meet our admissions requirements. Your file is now being reviewed to determine if you will be selected for an interview. You will remain in this status until you are selected for an interview or the admissions cycle closes."

Another states: "The initial review of your application is complete and will remain in this status as we continue to evaluate candidates. Throughout our review process your application will be evaluated for possible advancement. If additional information is needed we will reach out via email."

Based on what I've read and the fact that one response (the first one listed) has the word interview in it and mentions that admission requirements that these candidates will be more likely to get an interview invite.

My question is they both seem to be different levels of "on hold." Does anyone have any experience with being on a pre-interview hold and hearing back? I want to know if my chances are scarce if I received the second email listed that discusses only possible advancement.

Thank you!

There seem to be two separate emails being sent out regarding a "hold" or pre-interview "hold."

One email states : “We have completed the preliminary review of your application and you meet our admissions requirements. Your file is now being reviewed to determine if you will be selected for an interview. You will remain in this status until you are selected for an interview or the admissions cycle closes."

Another states: "The initial review of your application is complete and will remain in this status as we continue to evaluate candidates. Throughout our review process your application will be evaluated for possible advancement. If additional information is needed we will reach out via email."

Based on what I've read and the fact that one response (the first one listed) has the word interview in it and mentions that admission requirements that these candidates will be more likely to get an interview invite.

My question is they both seem to be different levels of "on hold." Does anyone have any experience with being on a pre-interview hold and hearing back? I want to know if my chances are scarce if I received the second email listed that discusses only possible advancement.

Thank you!
The first email is what I received about 7-10 days before being invited for an interview. The point of that email is that the committee has actually confirmed that you meet all the specific requirements of the school and I don’t believe suggests anything regarding one’s candidacy. I believe the second email is more indicative of a pre interview hold.

The first email is what I received about 7-10 days before being invited for an interview. The point of that email is that the committee has actually confirmed that you meet all the specific requirements of the school and I don’t believe suggests anything regarding one’s candidacy. I believe the second email is more indicative of a pre interview hold.

Thank you for the clarification. I know each school is different however do you have any experience with getting an interview after being sent a pre-interview hold?

Thank you for the clarification. I know each school is different however do you have any experience with getting an interview after being sent a pre-interview hold?
I do not I’m sorry!

II yesterday, scheduled for 11/13! Preliminary Review received 9/17 and Preliminary Review completed 10/3.

II yesterday, scheduled for 11/13! Preliminary Review received 9/17 and Preliminary Review completed 10/3.

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? ... I am left hoping for a Halloween miracle considering my prelim review was complete on 10/3 as well

Anyone send a thank you email to your interviewers? I don’t remember their names. Should I send a generic email to the admissions account asking them to thank them on my behalf?

Anyone send a thank you email to your interviewers? I don’t remember their names. Should I send a generic email to the admissions account asking them to thank them on my behalf?
I sent two individual letters to the admissions email and they forwarded it to my interviewers. You could email them and ask who your interviewers were or you could just send a general thank you

It’s over! And now placed on hold or at least that is what it sounds like :oops::(:arghh:
No one knows if a hold is a death sentence. There’s still a good chance it’s literally just a hold

then why do you think its a hold! did you receive another email after the complete email?

Yes, I got another email after both the complete and prelimary review emails. The most recent email stated that the preliminary review is complete and My application will be reviewed throughout the application process for possible advancement.

Yes, I got another email after both the complete and prelimary review emails. The most recent email stated that the preliminary review is complete and My application will be reviewed throughout the application process for possible advancement.
when did you get your complete email

Thank you!
I was wondering the same thing....and I almost feel like if it was an actual hold email it would have to say hold in it. But with phrases like "if selected for an interview" and "possible advancement", I think it's just splitting hairs. It could just be like two different people completed the prelim review and sending out slightly different emails, but I really don't know :/

Reactions: 1 user