2018-2019 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Les93

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Secondary questions as follows:

1. Why did you apply to the Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine? *

Please answer either Question 2 or Question 3

2. If you are a re-applicant to ICOM, how have you improved your application?

3. Without using the word "holistic", describe in your own words, what is osteopathic medicine as you understand it?

No character limit or character suggestion. Good luck everyone!

Interview Feedback: Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
What is the next page after the questions? I'm afraid of continuing without it saving.

What is the next page after the questions? I'm afraid of continuing without it saving.
There was a page that asked for names/emails of your LOR writers and another that asked about disciplinary actions, pretty sure that's all. I don't know why they chose a google form for a secondary, I'd def write your answers out in Word before putting them in the form and pressing next.

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted. For the record, answers are saved. You can go back and forth throughout the secondary.

Got an email saying my app was complete and ready for review. Also said it would take 2-3 weeks to be notified about final review decision.

I applied here last cycle and received an interview despite my GPAs being just slightly lower that the required (low undergrad GPA, high grad GPA). Does any one think they would screen out since this isn't their first cycle anymore and they are requiring secondaries?

Just about freaked out for getting an email from ICOM after being complete. Turns out it was just an advertisement...

Secondary Submitted! Does anyone know when the schools starts sending out interviews ?

First interview today! Submitted secondary 6/22.

Reactions: 1 users
First interview today! ID resident. Signed up for 8/27 date. If any incoming students wanna share about their experience that’d be awesome!

First interview today! ID resident. Signed up for 8/27 date. If any incoming students wanna share about their experience that’d be awesome!
Hey, I am a California resident and was accepted in last round for this upcoming August start. The interview process was really simple and laid back. There was some presentations at the beginning like a financial aid presentation and we were able to meet Dean Hasty and other members of the faculty. Then it split off into two interview groups so half went to do interviews and the other half went to other presentations. There were 3 interviews by random faculty members. I had two clinicians, and one non-clinician. Honestly just be yourself and do not overthink the interviews but have fun with them. I personally went over a bunch of questions with my spouse beforehand. I just googled medical school interviews and it came up with a list of a bunch. Another big thing is just know your application that you submitted and be able to expound on areas of it and also bring in other experiences that maybe were not as highlighted in the application. But hands down one of the best experiences I had and I am so excited to be apart of the inaugural class. Just a straight quote from Dean Hasty "We are looking for people who we will trust to take care of our mothers."

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview date 9/4: Excited...

Reactions: 2 users
How long does it typically after interview to be notified about acceptance/waitlist/ rejection?

Second that. I’m not OOS but MCAT wasn’t that great.

II today! OOS, cGPA ~3.4, sGPA ~3.5, MCAT 512
I'm really excited about this school! The location would be great for me and my SO. Does anyone know what their post-interview acceptance rate is?

Reactions: 3 users
How long does it typically after interview to be notified about acceptance/waitlist/ rejection?
It took just 1 week for my week of interviews to know. If they get behind maybe a couple weeks. But for us we interviewed on Monday's and Tuesday's and they called us on Friday with a yes or emailed with a no.

It took just 1 week for my week of interviews to know. If they get behind maybe a couple weeks. But for us we interviewed on Monday's and Tuesday's and they called us on Friday with a yes or emailed with a no.

Thank you for the info! I suspect they’ll be fairly quick since it’s so early in the cycle.

How good is this school? They're new right?

Yeah I applied. Interviewing on 9/24. I hear you though about new schools
Just sounds scary when they haven't had a class yet. Idk how they will prepare for the tests and matching

Edit: they got mandatory attendance for lecture.

PASSSSS

Last edited:
I submitted my secondary on the 17th of July and never received a "complete" e-mail or anything. I updated my LOR on the 23rd and they said they received it. Is this normal?

I submitted my secondary on the 17th of July and never received a "complete" e-mail or anything. I updated my LOR on the 23rd and they said they received it. Is this normal?
I submitted my secondary on July 9 and received a confirmation email on July 10

I wish they knew how it makes us feel when they send an ADVERTISEMENT email and it’s also been 2-3 weeks since submitting the secondary and we are expecting to hear back about an interview :(

Reactions: 2 users
Received an II on 8/1. Anyone else interviewing on Oct 2?

II today at 2:30 cst

Reactions: 1 users
Okay thank you and congrats!! I was complete July 10th and haven't heard even though they said the process will take 2-3 weeks. I don't know if I should hang tight or consider a follow up email. I know it's still pretty early.

Okay thank you and congrats!! I was complete July 10th and haven't heard even though they said the process will take 2-3 weeks. I don't know if I should hang tight or consider a follow up email. I know it's still pretty early.
Don't sweat it, its super early!

how long did it take them to respond? I requested the 2nd as well but haven't heard from them yet

I was offered an interview on 7/18 and confirmation for the date was 7/19

How are y'all preppin for the interview?

Received an email from admissions thinking it was an interview but turns out it's an ad (The ICOM Series: "C"). Do they just do this to F with us for no reason ?