2018-2019 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Bradenton, Florida)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got a post-II rejection. Postmarked 3/20 and interviewed 3/15. Called up the admissions office today and was told there was no record of a rejection on my file in the system. Was also told that the school never received my verified MCAT scores and had only one of the two organic chem prereqs listed in my file (basically she told me my application was incomplete and may have been why the rejection letter was sent out). Called up AACOMAS to verify my Bradenton application had these items and was complete (they were). Called up Bradenton to see what could be done to fix their system error or to see if the rejection letter was sent in error (since that status wasn't reflected in their system). Was told that the rejection letter was final and that there was nothing to be done (very rudely by the way).

I don't think there is much to do to appeal this, but thought I would post this just so others can weigh in. Any thoughts? My application was complete pre-II. The only thing I can think of is that they did an application update, and somehow my MCAT and org chem prereqs were deleted. No idea what else could have happened unless one of the admins deleted them on accident? AACOMAS told me that the school has final say, but confirmed it must have been an error on their end. I mean...what the **** LECOM? Thought about emailing Dean Kauffman, but can't find his email...not sure if that would help anyway. At the very least, this should serve as an example for how disorganized this school is...and how accountable they are for their mistakes.

But did you confirm that all the requirements were finished on the portal? I don’t understand how it works

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a post-II rejection. Postmarked 3/20 and interviewed 3/15. Called up the admissions office today and was told there was no record of a rejection on my file in the system. Was also told that the school never received my verified MCAT scores and had only one of the two organic chem prereqs listed in my file (basically she told me my application was incomplete and may have been why the rejection letter was sent out). Called up AACOMAS to verify my Bradenton application had these items and was complete (they were). Called up Bradenton to see what could be done to fix their system error or to see if the rejection letter was sent in error (since that status wasn't reflected in their system). Was told that the rejection letter was final and that there was nothing to be done (very rudely by the way).

I don't think there is much to do to appeal this, but thought I would post this just so others can weigh in. Any thoughts? My application was complete pre-II. The only thing I can think of is that they did an application update, and somehow my MCAT and org chem prereqs were deleted. No idea what else could have happened unless one of the admins deleted them on accident? AACOMAS told me that the school has final say, but confirmed it must have been an error on their end. I mean...what the **** LECOM? Thought about emailing Dean Kauffman, but can't find his email...not sure if that would help anyway. At the very least, this should serve as an example for how disorganized this school is...and how accountable they are for their mistakes.
Jesus... sorry to hear that

I had all of my lor’s attached
to my aacomas app but when I looked on the portal checklist the weren’t accounted for. Is this normal? All the other schools received them. Did I have to do something different for LECOM?

I had all of my lor’s attached
to my aacomas app but when I looked on the portal checklist the weren’t accounted for. Is this normal? All the other schools received them. Did I have to do something different for LECOM?
Have you received an II? Before I received mine, I emailed them asking about the checklist and they said folder items are verified when interviews are scheduled. I just scheduled my interview yesterday and my items are still X's, so I will likely email them again soon if nothing changes. I also had my letters in AACOMAS.

Edit: I haven't received an email to confirm my interview date yet, so my items will probably be checked off once I receive it. I will keep you posted.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The scheduler had 3 interview dates in April still open. Good luck, everyone!

Have you received an II? Before I received mine, I emailed them asking about the checklist and they said folder items are verified when interviews are scheduled. I just scheduled my interview yesterday and my items are still X's, so I will likely email them again soon if nothing changes. I also had my letters in AACOMAS.

Edit: I haven't received an email to confirm my interview date yet, so my items will probably be checked off once I receive it. I will keep you posted.
Yes I interviewed earlier this month

Hi all, I interviewed 3/15 and for the past week or so I've had this on my portal for admission status "Your file is in under review by the Admissions Committee post interview. You will be notified by mail of the decision by the Admissions Committee." Good sign or bad sign?

Hi all, I interviewed 3/15 and for the past week or so I've had this on my portal for admission status "Your file is in under review by the Admissions Committee post interview. You will be notified by mail of the decision by the Admissions Committee." Good sign or bad sign?
Did they call you?

Members don't see this ad :)

Mine says this as well

Mine says," Your file is in under review by the Admissions Committee post interview. You will be notified by mail of the decision by the Admissions Committee."

If it takes longer for a decision I would think that is a good sign

Last edited:
Mine says," Your file is in under review by the Admissions Committee post interview. You will be notified by mail of the decision by the Admissions Committee."

If it takes longer for a decision I would think that is a good sign
Yeah, that's the hope.

Has everyone’s portal items been completely verified? I just have my letters of recommendation and from AACOMAS. I interview April 5 and just want to make sure everything is good

Does this school do silent rejections? And if I have an II at LECOM Erie, am I less likely to hear from LECOM B?

Does this school do silent rejections? And if I have an II at LECOM Erie, am I less likely to hear from LECOM B?
I was silently rejected at both schools last year until about May (I think that was the month), when I received official rejections from both.

This year I was accepted at Bradenton, but am still under review at Erie (I submitted really early, too).

I interviewed in January and mine still says that too...no emails, calls, or mail and it's been almost 3 months. I would call, but I'm just letting them go through the process their way. Other schools tell you how and when they will communicate the decision. LECOM, however, told us they might call us or send us mail and did not tell us when. I don't mind waiting, just find it very odd that I don't know how long I'll be waiting and feel like their process may be a bit disorganized, but I can't really say since I'm not working behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Accepted today 4/2/19/ interviewed 2/1.

Pre-II R by snail mail. No email, and portal updated.

does anyone know when interviews end and waitlist movement begins? also did anyone get a confirmation email from sending Ron an update email?

Have any accepted students received their financial aid award letter yet?

Have any accepted students received their financial aid award letter yet?
Hi, I haven't received mine either, and i sent my FAFSA in a couple of weeks ago...so pumped about attending this school and meeting you all!

Hey guys, I was recently offered an interview for 4/26. Does anyone happen to know how many students have been accepted so far and my chances of getting accepted this late in the cycle?

Hey guys, I was recently offered an interview for 4/26. Does anyone happen to know how many students have been accepted so far and my chances of getting accepted this late in the cycle?

when did you get the II? and when were you complete? good to hear they are still interviewing.

I was complete around September and I got the II late in March. Hoping everything goes well!

Anyone know of an apartment near the school that has a reasonable rate for a 1/1?

Have you received any word yet? I also interviewed on 3/15 and have heard nothing. Furthermore, aside from the two individuals earlier in this thread, has anyone else with a 3/15 interview date or later hear back?

Have you received any word yet? I also interviewed on 3/15 and have heard nothing. Furthermore, aside from the two individuals earlier in this thread, has anyone else with a 3/15 interview date or later hear back?
Nope, nothing yet. Does your portal say anything different than mine?

I interviewed on that date and haven’t heard back either.

Anyone know of an apartment near the school that has a reasonable rate for a 1/1?
I am an incoming 1st year and I am living at echo lake for around $1200 a month. I know thats a bit expensive but it works for my situation.

Does everyone always get their decision by mail? If so how long? I interviewed on 4/5, I know it wasn’t that long ago I’m just anxious to hear!

Does everyone always get their decision by mail? If so how long? I interviewed on 4/5, I know it wasn’t that long ago I’m just anxious to hear!
I got a call first saying that I got in and then received my letter in the mail

Portal change today says “The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days.”

I’m not too ecstatic for this because it seems most acceptances with this school occur via phone call. However, I’m glad to know a decision has been made after many anxious weeks. :/

Portal change today says “The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days.”

I’m not too ecstatic for this because it seems most acceptances with this school occur via phone call. However, I’m glad to know a decision has been made after many anxious weeks. :/

When did you interview?