2018-2019 Medical College at Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I recently got accepted here by email, but now my portal has a section for scheduling an interview (which it didn't have before). Anyone else have this?

Hey, I recently got accepted here by email, but now my portal has a section for scheduling an interview (which it didn't have before). Anyone else have this?

Same, also got accepted and checked my portal and I now have an interview tab as well. Hopefully our acceptance wasn't a fluke lol!

Reactions: 1 user
Small pool email, completed early August
Lm 66-67, oos

Small pool email, complete 10/4, LM: 75.5, Canadian who studied at a T5 US school. MD/PhD.

Last edited:
Small pool email. IS, complete 7/31. Praying this leads to an II but who knows.

Any rejections here yet?!

II - Milwaukee. Interviewed MCW - CW last week. LM 69, complete 9/13.

Members don't see this ad :)
IS. I listed MCW CW as my preferred location. Milwaukee was my third.
Thanks for letting me know, was just curious because similar stats and I submitted around the same time. Congrats on the interviews~

Has GB been doing interviews this cycle yet? I have one this week and I haven't seen any mention of it here yet.

Just got an II to the GB campus. LM 68 I’m out of state and already have an acceptance to an in state school and waitlist at a top research school. Any suggestions as to attend interview or not? 3 years seems nice

I received a small pool email back in late august or early september as an OOS LM 66-68. What are my chances of getting an interview after receiving the small pool email? This is one of my top choices and I am starting to get nervous I wont get an II. Would it be appropriate to send a letter of interest?

I received a small pool email back in late august or early september as an OOS LM 66-68. What are my chances of getting an interview after receiving the small pool email? This is one of my top choices and I am starting to get nervous I wont get an II. Would it be appropriate to send a letter of interest?
I think someone said 30% of small pool ppl get II. Then again it looks like that could also be a hold since a lot of non small pool ppl are getting II too

According to adcoms, your app is your letter of interest.

Just got an II to the GB campus. LM 68 I’m out of state and already have an acceptance to an in state school and waitlist at a top research school. Any suggestions as to attend interview or not? 3 years seems nice

Are you 100% sure you want to do primary care? If you're certain and can afford the travel expense, why not? Though IMO I'd pick my in-state or a research school over GB- that's just because I love research and don't want to exclude specializing, though.

Are you 100% sure you want to do primary care? If you're certain and can afford the travel expense, why not? Though IMO I'd pick my in-state or a research school over GB- that's just because I love research and don't want to exclude specializing, though.
Decided to decline the interview. I’m pretty set on primary care for the time being but have a huge scholarship at my state school to do the same thing so wouldn’t make sense to move wife and three kids to pay more for that.

Reactions: 1 users
Decided to decline the interview. I’m pretty set on primary care for the time being but have a huge scholarship at my state school to do the same thing so wouldn’t make sense to move wife and three kids to pay more for that.
I'd probably make the same call. Congratulations on your acceptance, and good luck!

Accepted to Milwaukee campus on 10-15. Interviewed on 9/7. Congrats to other acceptances!

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted to Milwaukee :) :)

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations! When did you receive your email? I was supposed to hear my result today as well and have yet to receive correspondence.
Same! Haven’t gotten an email yet - interviewed here on Friday

Congratulations! When did you receive your email? I was supposed to hear my result today as well and have yet to receive correspondence.
Same, interviewed last Friday and waiting to hear! I'm thinking they are sending them out as we speak :O

Haha I've been unable to do much since 4pm except compulsively refresh my email till email came in about 30 minutes ago.

Good luck to you all!!

Accepted to Milwaukee :D <3 OMG. Absolutely love this school so much. I'm so so grateful. Crying at work right now lol.
Interviewed 10/19 and fell in love. Crazy fast turnaround, super nice admissions staff, and amazing school.
YAYYYYY!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 users
Accepted MCW-CW!!!! Interviewed Oct 16th. I am so excited! I have yet to interview at MCW-Milwaukee on Nov 15. So surreal.

OMG! I got into MCW-Milwaukee. Best of Luck to everyone. I can now focus on enjoying life before medical school takes it away. :)

Like how early August? They review in order right?
Applications are reviewed in order. However, that doesn’t mean the Admissions Committee decides or communicates a decision to you in the order the applications are received. Most schools will stratify applications after they review them chronologically and then make decisions or pull interviews based on which applications are at the top of that stratified pile.

Applications are reviewed in order. However, that doesn’t mean the Admissions Committee decides or communicates a decision to you in the order the applications are received. Most schools will stratify applications after they review them chronologically and then make decisions or pull interviews based on which applications are at the top of that stratified pile.
So if we were complete mid July and haven’t heard anything, are we in a decision hold ?

So if we were complete mid July and haven’t heard anything, are we in a decision hold ?
I don't like using the term "decision hold" because to me it implies that the school is just stringing you along even if they don't find you competitive. If you haven't heard anything back from MCW, I would focus on the fact that you have not been rejected which means you're still in the running and MCW thinks you have a good enough application. It just depends on how you compare to the rest of the pool that also applied to MCW on whether or not you receive an interview invite. Unfortunately, that comparison game with other applicants can take a decent amount of time. Good news is that the deadline to send in secondaries is approaching so they'll soon have the entire applicant pool in front of them to decide what to do with everyone.

This is a long process! Someone last year was complete around when you were and I believe didn't hear back until after Thanksgiving or even December/January and ended up getting an interview. What I think may be more likely, since MCW does send out rejections (though it may not be many) to candidates that they immediately do not see as competitive, and since you have not been one of those rejected candidates, your application is probably somewhere in a stratified pile and they have yet to reach your application as there may be several other applications stratified above yours. This may be why you haven't heard anything back. We have no idea of knowing how far up or down you may be on the pile but there's still plenty of time in this cycle.

You did all you could at this point! I didn't get my interview invites until January and March. That's how long interview season goes at MCW. And plenty of people (a good chunk of my class) were accepted from the LAST interview day. As hard as it is, be as patient as you can. Continue to improve your application so that you can send meaningful updates to MCW and other schools (and it'll keep you busy and distracted from the waiting game which will drive you crazy).

Reactions: 5 users
I don't like using the term "decision hold" because to me it implies that the school is just stringing you along even if they don't find you competitive. If you haven't heard anything back from MCW, I would focus on the fact that you have not been rejected which means you're still in the running and MCW thinks you have a good enough application. It just depends on how you compare to the rest of the pool that also applied to MCW on whether or not you receive an interview invite. Unfortunately, that comparison game with other applicants can take a decent amount of time. Good news is that the deadline to send in secondaries is approaching so they'll soon have the entire applicant pool in front of them to decide what to do with everyone.

This is a long process! Someone last year was complete around when you were and I believe didn't hear back until after Thanksgiving or even December/January and ended up getting an interview. What I think may be more likely, since MCW does send out rejections (though it may not be many) to candidates that they immediately do not see as competitive, and since you have not been one of those rejected candidates, your application is probably somewhere in a stratified pile and they have yet to reach your application as there may be several other applications stratified above yours. This may be why you haven't heard anything back. We have no idea of knowing how far up or down you may be on the pile but there's still plenty of time in this cycle.

You did all you could at this point! I didn't get my interview invites until January and March. That's how long interview season goes at MCW. And plenty of people (a good chunk of my class) were accepted from the LAST interview day. As hard as it is, be as patient as you can. Continue to improve your application so that you can send meaningful updates to MCW and other schools (and it'll keep you busy and distracted from the waiting game which will drive you crazy).
We need more people like you. Great advice!

Those of you who were accepted to a regional campus, did they tell you it would be 4 weeks before you heard back? Looks like some of you had gotten your decision in under 2 weeks.

Those of you who were accepted to a regional campus, did they tell you it would be 4 weeks before you heard back? Looks like some of you had gotten your decision in under 2 weeks.

From what I have heard from students who matriculated this past fall, they give about a month window but students have heard back in about two weeks. There could always be delays though, so I think expecting a month and then being surprised at two weeks is better than expecting two weeks and being disappointed if something comes up. A DO school promised us a date and things got difficult when the dean wasn't available and it took a few days after, so I think a longer window is probably better :laugh:

These are questions for the Wauwatosa campus: Are there any groceries stores that are within walking distance of the campus?

Is a research project required for the Scholarly Project within the Scholarly Concentration? MSAR says this school does not require community service or research, but I remember them requiring research for the Scholarly concentration.

Are there any rotations besides the VA rotation that take place away from the Wauwatosa campus?

Last edited:
II just now!!!

IS, complete mid-late July

Reactions: 2 users
These are questions for the Wauwatosa campus: Are there any groceries stores that are within walking distance of the campus?

The closest grocery store is about a mile away from campus. So potentially a little bit shorter from a nearby apartment or house.

Is a research project required for the Scholarly Project within the Scholarly Concentration? MSAR says this school does not require community service or research, but I remember them requiring research for the Scholarly concentration.

It doesn't have to be research per se. It just has to be some sort of project.

Are there any rotations besides the VA rotation that take place away from the Wauwatosa campus?

Yes. You may have to do rotations at hospitals or clinics in the area which could be a 20-30 minute drive away from campus. You typically get to rank preferences for rotation sites but for example family medicine just assigns you a site.