2018-2019 Meharry Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I receieved an II but I am going to decline because I received an acceptance from my state school. The only date available that I can see is 3/25 for inteviews. I did submit a secondary and my app was complete late September. Best of luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Attachments

• 5267F390-01DE-48A5-BF18-A4A3856D83F7.png
    5267F390-01DE-48A5-BF18-A4A3856D83F7.png
    200.7 KB · Views: 186
I receieved an II but I am going to decline because I received an acceptance from my state school. The only date available that I can see is 3/25 for inteviews. I did submit a secondary and my app was complete late September. Best of luck everyone!

I just spoke to them a few minutes ago and they said they’re interviewing until the end of March. If they don’t fill there seats, they will extend the interview timeframe to April

Has anyone send a letter of interest to meharry/are they even receptive to that? I took the January MCAT and my score increased to a 505. I’m not even sure if they consider January scores

I just spoke to them a few minutes ago and they said they’re interviewing until the end of March. If they don’t fill there seats, they will extend the interview timeframe to April

I really hope I get an II.
I’ve started studying to retake the MCAT again in case I don’t get one.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm about to send an update letter tomorrow. I'm starting to lose hope though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don’t lose hope yet, I was told that they will be interviewing until April/May

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know when is the latest date you can let Meharry your coming if your accepted? Is it 21 days before matriculation date? I don’t know when their matriculation date is either

So 21 days before 6/17? So 5/27 ?

I don't see why you wouldn't just tell them yes immediately and then if you decide to go elsewhere update them at that time. But if you choose to wait, this is a very important date so I say you should should email them to confirm. Get the answer in writting for your records.

I don't see why you wouldn't just tell them yes immediately and then if you decide to go elsewhere update them at that time. But if you choose to wait, this is a very important date so I say you should should email them to confirm. Get the answer in writting for your records.
I guess I should’ve worded it by saying that I’m trying to figure out how long you can stay on waitlists for other schools and if you did get into another school and decided to go there, when was the latest you could tell them.
I’ll give them a call and see though

Reactions: 1 user
I guess I should’ve worded it by saying that I’m trying to figure out how long you can stay on waitlists for other schools and if you did get into another school and decided to go there, when was the latest you could tell them.

Well, the timeline will be in the email you receive when you're accepted from a waitlist. On or before 4/30 students have to go down to 1 acceptance and as many WL as they want. If you get pulled off a waitlist, they will say "give us a decision within this amount of time". You are allowed to use that entire time. If Meharry pulls you from the wailist within those 21 days they can't hold you to the 21 days. Make sense?

Well, the timeline will be in the email you receive when you're accepted from a waitlist. On or before 4/30 students have to go down to 1 acceptance and as many WL as they want. If you get pulled off a waitlist, they will say "give us a decision within this amount of time". You are allowed to use that entire time. If Meharry pulls you from the wailist within those 21 days they can't hold you to the 21 days. Make sense?
PM'd so I don't clutter the thread lol

Has anyone send a letter of interest to meharry/are they even receptive to that? I took the January MCAT and my score increased to a 505. I’m not even sure if they consider January scores

I say why not. Send them one

Declined my interview bc I got into my state school! Goodluck to all, and I hope that slot goes to someone else

I believe orientation technically starts 6/1, but its the online portion. In person is 6/18

Can any current students shed some light on the grading?

I know it is letter, but I was wondering if there is any sort of curve? Or is your raw percentage your grade pretty much minus a few questions they may throw out?

Has anyone who interviewed in February got an acceptance yet or know of someone who interviewed in Feb. and got an acceptance? I know 1-2 weeks post-interview is the usual timeframe to hear something back, but I interviewed the 25th and have not heard anything.

Also I did call, but she she said they were behind on giving out acceptances, but she seemed real hesitant to even give that answer.

The last time I spoke with someone, I was informed that applications are still under review and interviews will be held until May. So, let’s just keep praying and try to remain patient(which is so hard lol).

Man really doesn’t want to study for the MCAT again abeg. They should let us know wassup.

Reactions: 8 users
Did anyone who received an admissions committee decision have trouble finding the decision from the portal? Every time i click the link in the email I am directed to the portal which only lets me review the supplemental application I sent it, no where can I see anything even about my application status

Did anyone who interviewed recently have MMI style interview or was it traditional?

Hey, is there already a facebook page for those accepted?

Did anyone who received an admissions committee decision have trouble finding the decision from the portal? Every time i click the link in the email I am directed to the portal which only lets me review the supplemental application I sent it, no where can I see anything even about my application status
there should be a button below that that says decision letter.