2018-2019 Meharry Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did all declined applicants get an invite? I received one as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called them and they said they send invites to applicants “with promise of success” at Meharry.
hey, did you happen to ask them if supplemental information like transcripts, LOR, or personal statements would be needed for this or no since invites were sent to those from the applicant pool?

hey, did you happen to ask them if supplemental information like transcripts, LOR, or personal statements would be needed for this or no since invites were sent to those from the applicant pool?
You need letters of rec it seems but not the other stuff

Reactions: 1 user
I called them and they said they send invites to applicants “with promise of success” at Meharry.

Did they say if they hold spots for medical school for the next cycle for those invited to the masters program?

Thanks. I heard they hold spots for students in the masters program for med school. I’m sure you could ask and find out

Some of the most successful students at Meharry were in the MHS program so I think it's a pretty good SMP in terms of selectivity and academic enrichment, not sure about the linkage % though

Reactions: 2 users
Some of the most successful students at Meharry were in the MHS program so I think it's a pretty good SMP in terms of selectivity and academic enrichment, not sure about the linkage % though
how do you know?

I would look into the cheapest way to improve your app, the MHS program is expensive

IDR and PSLF lol

my interviewer told me so. Also alumni profiles
lol got to limit your loans as much as possible, im sure its a large form of stress for a lot of medical students

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! 3.5, 499, great personal statement/story, a lot of health care experience and extracurricular activities. Probably the strongest part of my app.

You give me so much hope! I’m taking my Mcat next week!

Was rejected , but invited to the masters program as well, was wondering if anyone knew any success stories? Also the application for the masters program only ask for recommenders, but no transcript or personal statement, etc. anyone know if we must submit hose as well? And i didn't get an II.

Was rejected , but invited to the masters program as well, was wondering if anyone knew any success stories? Also the application for the masters program only ask for recommenders, but no transcript or personal statement, etc. anyone know if we must submit hose as well? And i didn't get an II.
What does the invite say? Would you automatically get accepted by applying or would you still need to wait for a decision to get accepted to the masters program?

What does the invite say? Would you automatically get accepted by applying or would you still need to wait for a decision to get accepted to the masters program?
Well first i got the rejection email. Then i got an immediate second email notifying me of the new application for the Masters of Health Science Program. And i don’t think it’s automatic, but I’m not sure how there selection process is. Does anyone know any current or past MHS students at Meharry?

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys,

I’m a current MHS student and will be matriculating into the M1 class this fall.
I think MHS is defiantly a great opportunity. It’s a guaranteed acceptance as long as you meet the program requirements of a 3.5 GPA and a 501 MCAT score. (Idk if this will change for you guys) I was a bit nervous coming in but those scores are definitly do able. We get about 7wks over the winter to study for the MCAT + a Kaplan class.

For those that are saying there is a cheaper option to improve your app that is definitely true but as long as you make your scores during MHS they let you in. Where as reapplying with a higher MCAT doesn’t necessarily guarantee you’ll get in to any school. Which is why I decided to do this program. Just something to think about.

Reactions: 7 users
Hey guys,

I’m a current MHS student and will be matriculating into the M1 class this fall.
I think MHS is defiantly a great opportunity. It’s a guaranteed acceptance as long as you meet the program requirements of a 3.5 GPA and a 501 MCAT score. (Idk if this will change for you guys) I was a bit nervous coming in but those scores are definitly do able. We get about 7wks over the winter to study for the MCAT + a Kaplan class.

For those that are saying there is a cheaper option to improve your app that is definitely true but as long as you make your scores during MHS they let you in. Where as reapplying with a higher MCAT doesn’t necessarily guarantee you’ll get in to any school. Which is why I decided to do this program. Just something to think about.

Also, if you already have the MCAT score you’ll just be doing research during the time everyone else is studying

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys,

Thanks so much for sharing!

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Thanks so much! I had heard that you automatically get accepted into med school for the next cycle if you do well in the MHS program, but I wasn’t sure. I appreciate you letting us know!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys,

Do you know if you get automatically accepted into the MHS program after you’re invited to it and apply or is there another process of being vetted for acceptance into the MHS program?

Hey guys,

Thank you so much for sharing! That was very helpful! Just a couple of questions: How much was the program? Was the Kaplan MCAT PREP free or discounted for MSH students ? Do you feel like there was much guidance and support throughout the program for your success? And do you know of any fellow cams area that didn’t get acceptance into the medical program , and if so why? Thanks again !

Hey guys,

Also how is the admission process for the MSH program? Do you interview? Thanks

Thank you so much for sharing! That was very helpful! Just a couple of questions: How much was the program? Was the Kaplan MCAT PREP free or discounted for MSH students ? Do you feel like there was much guidance and support throughout the program for your success? And do you know of any fellow cams area that didn’t get acceptance into the medical program , and if so why? Thanks again !
No problem... I know how stressful this can all be, esp when there isn’t a lot of info provided to you.
It sounds like they are doing it a bit differently this yr. we didn’t have to apply for MHS. They just sent out invites to those who were rejected and thought would be good for the program. I sent a letter expressing my interest in the program but other than that there was no application/ extra process to get in @DarkBluMage

The MCAT course is discounted to 1500 and billed to ur student account
And yes I do feel like there is support here, especially academic support. We have bigs which are current m1, previous Mhs students who navigate us through the program. There also an academic center where you can sign up for tutoring with any subject you need.
Technically the semester isn’t over and idk how other ppl are doing lol but the only way you don’t get in is if u don’t meet the requirements.

No problem... I know how stressful this can all be, esp when there isn’t a lot of info provided to you.
It sounds like they are doing it a bit differently this yr. we didn’t have to apply for MHS. They just sent out invites to those who were rejected and thought would be good for the program. I sent a letter expressing my interest in the program but other than that there was no application/ extra process to get in @DarkBluMage

And yes I do feel like there is support here, especially academic support. We have bigs which are current m1, previous Mhs students who navigate us through the program. There also an academic center where you can sign up for tutoring with any subject you need.
Technically the semester isn’t over and idk how other ppl are doing lol but the only way you don’t get in is if u don’t meet the requirements.
Than you so much, very helpful! Also do you mind telling us how much the program cost?

A friend of mines told me 60-70K for the year

What’s the requirements for the MHS program to get into the school of medicine?

Tuition is $40k plus living expenses.

Attachments

• 77872089-3062-4D8B-8718-13FC4BC16715.png
    77872089-3062-4D8B-8718-13FC4BC16715.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 129
Does anyone know when the last day you can get your deposit refunded?

Hey guys,

Do you have to interview?

Has anyone seen the match list yet? I can’t find it anywhere

I heard the interview up into April, so maybe ...

So did I but admissions gave people different answers about the time frame. They told someone the end of March and another person they said they’re interviewing into April.

I’ve been waiting for an invite since November

Do mind telling us what the start date was in MHS during your year? Also how long was thanksgiving break and how long was winter/Christmas break? After those who took the MCAT again in January , what are y’all doing up to May? More classes? Thanks!

Do mind telling us what the start date was in MHS during your year? Also how long was thanksgiving break and how long was winter/Christmas break? After those who took the MCAT again in January , what are y’all doing up to May? More classes? Thanks!

I’m sure the holiday and work info will be given to people joining the MHS program

Can someone please tell us about housing options? Specifically which on campus housing is the best?