2018-2019 Meharry Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They probably are basing it on your MCAT score and race. (Info they get if you signed up for Med-MAR) I've gotten way too may of these to count. Oh, and podiatry school emails too.

Yeah I could see how you would get a lot of these for ur stats as you already got accepted to 2 places. I think MHS to give people a chance who are having a hard time getting in though.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I could see how you would get a lot of these for ur stats as you already got accepted to 2 places. I think MHS to give people a chance who are having a hard time getting in though.

Got a lot last year too when my MCAT was worse. I understand and agree with your point though as I think all SMPs are targeted at people with "low" MCAT scores (or sGPA if they applied to a school and the school reviewed that info).

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a lot last year too when my MCAT was worse. I understand and agree with your point though as I think all SMPs are targeted at people with "low" MCAT scores (or sGPA if they applied to a school and the school reviewed that info).
Hmm well as someone who did an SMP this one sounds about as good as they come based on the info in this thread. Not having to interview is a major plus as a lot of students who make the grades in other programs are eliminated at this step. Wouldn't really equate it to a podiatry program lol

Reactions: 1 user
Hmm well as someone who did an SMP this one sounds about as good as they come based on the info in this thread. Not having to interview is a major plus as a lot of students who make the grades in other programs are eliminated at this step. Wouldn't really equate it to a podiatry program lol

My apologies if you thought I was saying the programs are similar. I was not. I was simply saying that I believe that SMPs and pod programs both recruit in part by using Med MAR.

They probably are basing it on your MCAT score and race. (Info they get if you signed up for Med-MAR) I've gotten way too may of these to count. Oh, and podiatry school emails too.

Last edited:
Have most people gotten a response from Meharry? I still haven’t received an II

I got invited to the masters but i am just finishing a biomedical science masters and matriculating at vcom. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
I hope they’re still sending out II’s in April. Haven’t gotten a rejection so that’s a good sign I guess...

Does anyone remember when that last day to withdraw your seat without penalty is? I thought I remembered it being earlier than the national April 30th deadline.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received anything about financial aid or scholarships?

Is anyone else still waiting to hear from Meharry about an interview?

Does anyone know when they will release financial aid decisions?

I recently saw that they created a Facebook page for Meharry class of 2023.

Also to answer some of your financial aid questions, I called Ms. Greer and she said that they’re having a financial aid meeting next week and will have more information after that meeting. She said that no one has received their financial aid summary for this upcoming school year (including incoming freshmen, 2nd year, etc.).

My friend who attends Meharry and is in his second year said that most likely that information will come out in June.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey anyone who attended second look did they happen to talk about deadlines? Also what was your general experiecne like ? Upset I couldn’t make it because I had made other plans but it sounded fun.

Does anyone know when the deadline to “Plan to Enroll” is and when the deadline to “Commit To Enroll” for 2019 is? Thanks in advance !

Hey anyone who attended second look did they happen to talk about deadlines? Also what was your general experiecne like ? Upset I couldn’t make it because I had made other plans but it sounded fun.

Does anyone know when the deadline to “Plan to Enroll” is and when the deadline to “Commit To Enroll” for 2019 is? Thanks in advance !
Plan to enroll is 4/15, Commit is 4/30.

We can still select "plan to enroll" on April 30 if we want to keep our waitlist spot at another school, right?

Withdrew my acceptance here today. Cost difference in state schools is just too significant for a family of 5! Good luck to everyone, especially those matriculating here!

Reactions: 6 users
He was warning people not to go to this school.
He says that but doesn’t say anything to back it up... should’ve just gone somewhere else or drop it.
It seems very ungrateful .. if it is that bad its 4 years then you move on. But comments like that just annoy me it’s so unnecessary. Come with receipts or complain to yourself.

Reactions: 1 users
anyone know when they stop offering interviews? thank you!!!

anyone know when they stop offering interviews? thank you!!!

I called April 2nd and they said they were still sending interview invites but will be wrapping things up soon. They didn’t give me an exact date.

Last day to commit to Meharry before your acceptance is recinded is what date?

Anyone else having trouble reaching admissions? Every call I make goes straight to voicemail. I sent an e-mail asking to withdraw my acceptance over a month and I'm still getting f/u emails which indicate that they have not seen that email.

Anyone else having trouble reaching admissions? Every call I make goes straight to voicemail. I sent an e-mail asking to withdraw my acceptance over a month and I'm still getting f/u emails which indicate that they have not seen that email.

(615) 327-6533 call this number and ask for Meharry admissions