2018-2019 Oregon Health and Science University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
fingers crossed for tomorrow
So it’s possible the waitlist has already moved before they post it up, correct? If people have been withdrawing over the weekend and whatnot.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
yeah. We know they're already at 2 bc of the ppl that have withdrawn and shared on here

Members don't see this ad :)
Long time lurker, posting to add one more data point and hopefully not more anxiety. I was accepted today via the portal, alternate list rank 1-10. Best of luck to those who are still waiting to hear!

Reactions: 3 users
Long time lurker, posting to add one more data point and hopefully not more anxiety. I was accepted today via the portal, alternate list rank 1-10. Best of luck to those who are still waiting to hear!
congrats! Good to hear that they're starting to churn through.

Question though- is there a reason why people aren't posting their specific ranks? Is it purely for anonymity?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Tomorrow should be the big move. Everyone had until 5pm PST today to ante in or fold. Glad it’s already moving. For the future; 10-20 and so on people on hold, give us a more clear number to curb our anxiety when you get accepted. More like 12-15 or more specific. No one will know who you are based on your number. You’re in so who cares where you we’re ranked, you’re going to be a doctor!!!!

• Haha
Just accepted via portal!! Alternate number was 4! Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats everyone! For those of us in purgatory has anything changed on your portal?
Not yet. That once a day update, would probably come at the very end of the day, so it is the most current info they have. I am pushing for that DMV live number tracker system...but I don't see that happening, ha, ha.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn’t apply here but figured I would add another data point. My friend (not on sdn) just received acceptance from here! WL# between 20-25.

Reactions: 6 users
I didn’t apply here but figured I would add another data point. My friend (not on sdn) just received acceptance from here! WL# between 20-25.

Thanks for the data point. Is this movement relatively consistent with previous years (or is it faster/slower)?

Just checked portal. Says they have accepted through number 24.

Yes, my portal has finally changed. Down at the bottom, where it used to only have "Your alternate number is..." NOW (new since only this afternoon) it says:

"Your alternate number is X
We have accepted through alternate number 24."

Thanks for the data point. Is this movement relatively consistent with previous years (or is it faster/slower)?
Seems pretty in line with last year’s, but looking back it looks really variable from year to year. This much movement over the past two days does make me cautiously optimistic today though!

Reactions: 2 users
fyi, I talked with admissions 30 min ago, and they kindly let me know that 11 folks had dropped off the waitlist before me (#88).

fyi, I talked with admissions 30 min ago, and they kindly let me know that 11 folks had dropped off the waitlist before me (#88).
does this number include who they've already accepted? like when they say they've gone through #24 does that mean that these 11 folks were included? Idk if that makes sense.

does this number include who they've already accepted? like when they say they've gone through #24 does that mean that these 11 folks were included? Idk if that makes sense.
I recall them phrasing it as "11 folks have removed themselves from the waitlist". within the context of our conversation, I took this to mean "out of the running for matriculation at OHSU". I'm unsure as to whether it included any folks in #1-24 that removed themselves from the waitlist.

is that what you were asking? :^)

I recall them phrasing it as "11 folks have removed themselves from the waitlist". within the context of our conversation, I took this to mean "out of the running for matriculation at OHSU". I'm unsure as to whether it included any folks in #1-24 that removed themselves from the waitlist.

is that what you were asking? :^)
yes! Thanks haha I was sitting at work so I couldn't figure out how to phrase it. Did they have any more info about accepting more today?

update I guess- accepted through 26. Yikes. Hopefully this is not indicative of these next few days. should I/we be nervous?

Yeah, I never really thought about this but could we possibly see large jumps in the waitlist if, let’s say, 30-40 dropped out before #29 does? Trying to figure out the right way to phrase that, haha.

Yeah, I never really thought about this but could we possibly see large jumps in the waitlist if, let’s say, 30-40 dropped out before #29 does? Trying to figure out the right way to phrase that, haha.
That makes total sense. I was trying to explain this to someone at lunch today. Everyone from 27-X in front of you could have removed themselves from the waitlist and you wouldn't know. They're just at #26, but that doesn't mean you are your number minus 26 on the list. Say your number is, 40. You might be the 14th person up next or you could be the 4th. It's crafty they don't update your number and only the number they're at, those scoundrels!

So are we going with being cautiously optimistic at this point? Just trying not to totally freak that they only moved 2 spots today.

So are we going with being cautiously optimistic at this point? Just trying not to totally freak that they only moved 2 spots today.
Based on the excel sheet, it looks like this is a pretty normal amount of movement. Harder to tell with last year though

Last three years from ‘15/‘16/‘17 on May 11th the movement was at numbers; 29, 21, and 34. So everything is on par with previous years. Anything can happen and maybe we get that 11 person jump soon!!

Based on the excel sheet, it looks like this is a pretty normal amount of movement. Harder to tell with last year though
was last year more of an anomaly?

sorry for being a total turd, everyone. Just trying to stay sane.

was last year more of an anomaly?

sorry for being a total turd, everyone. Just trying to stay sane.
I’m right there with you. The logical side of me is already finishing up the 2020 application, but the dreamer in me believes that we will reach into the 80’s and beyond this year.

I don’t know if you can really say any year is an anomaly. Is seems like there is no real trend year to year.

Waitlist movement this week is like a sputtering engine -- fingers crossed it will rev up again today after stalling yesterday!

Waitlist movement this week is like a sputtering engine -- fingers crossed it will rev up again today after stalling yesterday!
I feel like it might come in waves since people have 5 days or whatever to make a decision when they're given an offer...if this makes sense. like maybe they are on multiple waitlists or something...

I feel like it might come in waves since people have 5 days or whatever to make a decision when they're given an offer...if this makes sense. like maybe they are on multiple waitlists or something...

Yeah, makes sense. That would produce a laggy process prone to surges and stalls.

No apparent movement today.

Yeah, makes sense. That would produce a laggy process prone to surges and stalls.

No apparent movement today.

I personally am of the opinion that they likely didn’t update the portal, as they seem to be touch and go with timely updates on that :)

I personally am of the opinion that they likely didn’t update the portal, as they seem to be touch and go with timely updates on that :)

I've noticed that as well. I'm less than 10 above 26, so they definitely haven't made it into the 30's yet. Just to put an upper bound on what might or might not be happening behind the scenes.

Just so yall have another piece of information to consider: So I was alternate #4 and was accepted via portal last monday 5/6. I received an email on 5/7 welcoming me with a section that starts as follows, "Within one week you will receive an email outlining the specific requirements you must meet to matriculate this August as well as forms for you to complete and return to our office." These forms will include "intent to enroll". I have not yet received this email, which leads me to believe their office is really crawling along with this process, and this might explain why the waitlist didn't move very much last week. I know folks who have been waiting to hear some news may be getting anxious but rest assured I believe there will still be more wave(s) of movement, but as they havent even sent out this email to those accepted a week ago, it seems there is just some traffic jams going on with their office, not an actual lack of waitlist need. Stay positive out there!

Reactions: 4 users
For those of you accepted, has anyone had trouble joining the facebook group? I was accepted about 2 months ago and and haven't been added yet

For those of you accepted, has anyone had trouble joining the facebook group? I was accepted about 2 months ago and and haven't been added yet
Try maybe cancelling the request and then re-requesting? I sent a request for the fb group last week and was accepted a few days later.

Try maybe cancelling the request and then re-requesting? I sent a request for the fb group last week and was accepted a few days later.
Thanks I'll try that. You just clicked the "join group" to request? I admittedly do not use fb very much haha

Seems pretty standard for the past three years for todays date. ‘15-31, ‘16-21, ‘17-35. Who knows who has fallen off 31-87. We just need to get to 88.
though to be honest, the alternate list did start moving on May 6th this year--didn't they start a bit later in previous years?

though to be honest, the alternate list did start moving on May 6th this year--didn't they start a bit later in previous years?
It’s possible. But, maybe they just didn’t start keeping track until later. Who knows such things..? Who knows whats happening between 30 and 88? I just know we’re getting there! Like the great Method Man once said, “keep it movin’, baby, keep it movin’. We be movin’, keep it movin’.”

It’s possible. But, maybe they just didn’t start keeping track until later. Who knows such things..? Who knows whats happening between 30 and 88? I just know we’re getting there! Like the great Method Man once said, “keep it movin’, baby, keep it movin’. We be movin’, keep it movin’.”
You’re enthusiasm is amazing, and I wished I shared it. I agree, if we could get to #88, that would be great, for you and me both.

I believe that there will be more than the usual amount of WL activity. It will be pushed later (toward the start of school).
This is from one of the moderators of the Waitlist Support thread. I think once all the schools force people to CTE (commit to enroll), we will have some big movement. At least this is the impression I have gotten from people that know more than I do. So there is hope, it's free, why not?

Our deadline to commit to enroll is July 15

Last edited: