2018-2019 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an II but the dates don't allow much time for preparation, would I be bold if I called asking for a September date?

You can try asking. Right now they still are in process of setting up more interview dates (when I interviewed last week there was literally only one date). But honestly, don't stress too much about preparation for this interview. You don't need too much. All you need to know is answers to some basic generic questions but otherwise its all conversational about your ECs and transcripts. Very relaxed and one of the best interviews I think I have had.

Members don't see this ad :)
In other news, those who have interviewed last Wednesday, one more week hopefully before we hear some good news :)

Hi all! I'm new here. Looking forward to chatting it up with all of you.

Does anyone have an idea when the next batch of IIs will be sent out?

Complete: 8/1, LM: 67, IS

This school is def one of my top choices

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! I'm new here. Looking forward to chatting it up with all of you.

Does anyone have an idea when the next batch of IIs will be sent out?

Complete: 8/1, LM: 67, IS

This school is def one of my top choices

I was also complete 8/1 and still haven't heard anything. Hopefully we hear back soon, best of luck!

How long did it take for everyone's letter of recommendation to be processed? my school ended up submitting their committee packet last week and it still hasn't been received yet by Rowan.

So if I interviewed 8/18 do I have to wait till 9/7 for a reply since they only meet on the first and third fridays of the month?

This wait is killing me and its only been 4 days.

So if I interviewed 8/18 do I have to wait till 9/7 for a reply since they only meet on the first and third fridays of the month?

This wait is killing me and its only been 4 days.
Also interviewed the same day as you. I would assume 9/7 as the earliest but likely 9/21 or later. They still have the 8/16 interviewees to review and maybe even some 8/8 as we only saw one reported acceptance on SDN.

Reactions: 1 users
For the secondary question about speciality interest, did you write an essay or just indicate which speciality you were interested in? Thank you!!

For the secondary question about speciality interest, did you write an essay or just indicate which speciality you were interested in? Thank you!!
I wrote a brief paragraph about why I am interested in that speciality.

Hey y’all, I’m really interested in this school but I am at a 496 mcat and OOS. I am above their gpa average and have a solid list of ECs. I’m retaking my mcat September 19th. Should I still apply?

Hey y’all, I’m really interested in this school but I am at a 496 mcat and OOS. I am above their gpa average and have a solid list of ECs. I’m retaking my mcat September 19th. Should I still apply?
I would definitely apply as DO goes longer than MD cycle and most DO schools will take MCAT up until January. Just mention on your accomas that you have a retake coming up and they will probably hold off on reviewing your app until the retake. Just focus on the MCAT for now.

What time do we have to show up for the PM session interview?

Hey everyone! How close to the 750 word limit are you? Im around 500 for both essays. I think shorter might be better but at the same time don't want to shoot myself in the foot.
phew my essays are around 500-600 as well. I think 1000 words is excessive!

When does the committee meet to discuss interviewees?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

still havent recieved this secondary and I added the school about 2 weeks ago. is this normal speed for those of you who have received it? i ask mainly because i received other secondaries within a few days.

Hey guys, my letters of rec still say incomplete but under "document status" it says that all my letters have been received. Did anyone else's status say this? I'm unsure if this is something worth emailing about or if I should just keep waiting for my status to change.

Hey guys, my letters of rec still say incomplete but under "document status" it says that all my letters have been received. Did anyone else's status say this? I'm unsure if this is something worth emailing about or if I should just keep waiting for my status to change.

Call the main office. This happened to me too. They will manually fix it.

Hopefully 8/28 interviewees hear back soon!

When is it too late to apply to this DO school?

Accepted! OOS applicant!

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed 8/18 and I received a call.

Congrats Everyone!! There's an accepted students RowanSOM facebook group. Please join!