2018-2019 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted on 9/7
Interviewed 8/16
Beyond excited.
Good luck to everyone applying :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
What was the interview like? Can anyone go into some detail about questions asked? What should someone expect? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
What was the interview like? Can anyone go into some detail about questions asked? What should someone expect? Thank you.

Really relaxed. Just be able to have a casual conversation with someone honestly. Know your application and also be able to answer generic interview questions.

Reactions: 1 user
when is the next batch of acceptances coming out? i interviewed 8/22!! still waiting..

Really relaxed. Just be able to have a casual conversation with someone honestly. Know your application and also be able to answer generic interview questions.
I am a first year PBL so maybe can help. First congrats on getting the interview. Rowan is really vey selective in this process and about 80% of interviewees are offered spots. If you get an interview, it is because they are genuinely interested in you. Interviews are very relaxed. Know your application!! As it has been mentioned, basic interview questions but also have good answers as to why osteopathic medicine and why Rowan? Know their mission statement. Best of Luck

Does rowan have their own system to help students look for potential roommates or should we just search for roomates on the facebook page?

So I've been complete since 7/6 and have yet to hear anything. I'm OOS. Is there anyone else in the same position?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted on 9/7
Interviewed 8/16
Beyond excited.
Good luck to everyone applying :)

Same here!!

I just got the acceptance packet. Does anyone know the details of when the school begins? I understand this year they are changing the curriculum a lot and moving up the school start date. The info in the packet seems to be for 2018. In addition, they are also requiring attendance at the pre-matriculation program in June. Any info on what the pre-matric program is like?

does rowan change complete to under review

File was complete 7/30, and people are getting IIs who were completed after me. Does this mean I have no chance?

I live in Delaware but my dad has been a NJ resident his whole life, could I qualify for in state tution through him? Legally I am an independent but I know med schools tend to define that differently.

Complete 7/16 OOS and nothing :(

Reactions: 5 users
ACCEPTED!!! Got the call earlier today. Interviewed 8/18/18, IS, LM 67.
Was a little nervous when multiple people from my interview date posted two weeks ago and I heard nada.
WHAT A RELIEF! :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call!!!!! So unbelievably excited and pumped!!!
Interviewed 8/28. LizzyM ~ 61

Good luck to everyone!

Cant wait to meet the class!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
What about the 8/22 group? Why are people from 8/28 getting calls but we haven’t heard anything from the 22nd?

What about the 8/22 group? Why are people from 8/28 getting calls but we haven’t heard anything from the 22nd?
I interviewed on 8/22 and I got an acceptance email last Friday. I didn't get a call though. So for those who are accepted, we have until December 14th to reply right?

Do they inform everyone who interviewed of a decision? Interviewed 8/18 and haven’t heard anything. Wondering if you are not chosen, or are waitlisted, if you will be told, or are you only contacted if you are accepted?

Also am OOS, and have heard nothing. Received the 2ndary around end of June, but didn't submit until end of July. Hope that doesn't bite me in the butt :X

What are you guys choosing between Traditional & PBL?

Love to hear your insight/opinion on your decision!

What are you guys choosing between Traditional & PBL?

Love to hear your insight/opinion on your decision!

I really enjoy group work, collaboration, and putting basic sciences in patient cases. I'm also good with managing my own time and have the motivation to search for study sources myself. So I was going to choose PBL. I would also appreciate the flexibility of PBL which would allow me to be in charge of my own schedule.

complete since 08/06. My status says application complete? Should this change?

Thank you!

Hey everyone, first year here. Please feel free to message me any questions if you're feeling lost or don't want to bug the admissions office!

completed 09/06 and still havent heard a word. Do you think there is still time to hear back from them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

completed 09/06 and still havent heard a word. Do you think there is still time to hear back from them?

I was also complete 9/6 and I haven't heard anything. You're in good company.

I think you still have time, I submitted back in Nov last year and still heard back within that same month

Is there something we have to do to get ACOMAS to send out letters? I submitted my application on 9/23 but I'm still not complete?

i just got a letter today, and i got placed on the alternate list. is there anything I can do, I'm devastated.

i just got a letter today, and i got placed on the alternate list. is there anything I can do, I'm devastated.
A lot of people on alternate lists make it in. AND at Rowan it's even better because at worst it means you have a seat there next year, if I remember correctly. Definitely don't be devastated.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

A lot of people on alternate lists make it in. AND at Rowan it's even better because at worst it means you have a seat there next year, if I remember correctly. Definitely don't be devastated.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile
You are confusting the alternate list with the hold list. Hold list means you have a seat for next years class. Alternate means you’ve been waitlisted

Interviewed 9/11 and decided to check my admissions portal today, just found the offer of admission there! Although I didn’t get an email notification or call.

You are confusting the alternate list with the hold list. Hold list means you have a seat for next years class. Alternate means you’ve been waitlisted
Do you know how many people make it off the alternate list?

Do you know how many people make it off the alternate list?

So they have to get through the hold list first and then they start pulling people off the alternate list. Unfortunately, for the past two years they never got to the alternate list since they couldnt finish the hold list. However, proir to the 2016-2017 cycle, they were able to get a decent number of people off the alternate list.

Thinking of adding this school on my list. Concerned about my GPA though. Worth applying? 3.95 post-bacc GPA of 19 credits, Final: 3.23cGPA, 3.12sGPA. MCAT: 507.

Hey guys! For those of you that interviewed, check your student portal! I interviewed on September 20th and hadn't heard anything, but I looked at my portal yesterday and there was an acceptance letter just sitting there for who knows how long lol

Are interview invites through email? And could anyone comment on the length of when your file was complete to when you got an interview, just trying to get a rough timeline.