2018-2019 Southern Illinois University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My request to join the facebook group still hasn’t been approved... Have you all been accepted?

I'm still waiting ! haha I emailed Beth so we'll see. Just excited to meet the class!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all! I’ve been accepted to another school so I’d like to withdraw my AWPA? Lol if that’s what the process is... my AWPA letter was delivered to my home address (where I am not presently located), so I don’t remember what the instructions were to get taken out of this batch. Can anyone help me out?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all! I’ve been accepted to another school so I’d like to withdraw my AWPA? Lol if that’s what the process is... my AWPA letter was delivered to my home address (where I am not presently located), so I don’t remember what the instructions were to get taken out of this batch. Can anyone help me out?
I'd just call the admissions office and ask to speak with Elizabeth Hecker, the director of admissions: (217) 545-6013

Members don't see this ad :)
Facebook group has 63 members, two of which are administrators. Not sure if the other ~10 people don't have facebook or if there is still some movement happening. Just thought I'd keep anyone who is waiting updated!

Reactions: 3 users
Are people in the FB group "Commit to Enroll" only I'm assuming? Looks like there's 69 in as of now. 2 admins?

No clue. Sigh. Of course, this year the 70-90% situation doesn’t seem to be holding true. Prayers to everyone hoping!

No clue. Sigh. Of course, this year the 70-90% situation doesn’t seem to be holding true. Prayers to everyone hoping!
It's honestly a lie at this point. Didn't hold true last year either. Also if you're on AWPA and you plan to call Beth for what you can improve she'll give you some garbage like "improve your MCAT score." I went from a 504 to a 513 and still nothing. If that's not "improvement" then nothing is.

Haven’t seen any AWPA movement here. Wonder if anyone has inquired?

I called her yesterday morning, and she basically said that right now no one has withdrawn their acceptance and the class is full. She said that it is highly likely that there will be at least 2 to 3 more spots open, but ultimately we should have a Plan B.

I called her yesterday morning, and she basically said that right now no one has withdrawn their acceptance and the class is full. She said that it is highly likely that there will be at least 2 to 3 more spots open, but ultimately we should have a Plan B.
Thanks for the updates. Prayers everyone.

When I spoke with her yesterday she said all the above but also mentioned that they normally hand out about 140 acceptances, but this year was only 125...so looks like there was overall less movement.

Also, any updates on Financial aid packages for this year's accepted students (2019-2020)? Thank you, and GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE.

Also, any updates on Financial aid packages for this year's accepted students (2019-2020)? Thank you, and GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE.
I think the budget sheet for this year has already been sent out by Leslie Fry. I would think the incoming M1s should have received it too by now. If you have any questions about financial aid then definitely connect with Mrs. Fry. She is super nice and very resourceful.

I was asking about the scholarship (and actual financial package, if any) from SIU (NOT the loans). Did anyone get any scholarship or other forms of financial aids, by the way? Any idea when we might hear about this? MANY THANKS.

I was asking about the scholarship (and actual financial package, if any) from SIU (NOT the loans). Did anyone get any scholarship or other forms of financial aids, by the way? Any idea when we might hear about this? MANY THANKS.

To my knowledge there are barely any scholarship opportunities through SIU SOM itself. I have heard of students applying for scholarships through the SIU foundation (not affiliated with SIU SOM itself). If anyone has a scholarship or some sort of free money then it is from an outside source (Military, student loan forgiveness programs, etc.). The lack of opportunities is probably due to SIU's instate tuition rate. Although others might have received scholarships at other institutions, the total price of attendance was either just as or more expensive than SIU. Hopefully this helps. If you have more questions about scholarships and financial aid Leslie Fry would be a great resource!