2018-2019 SUNY - Downstate

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 please update if you have any luck with this.
On the Amcas guide it says that’s above the letter descriptions on the letter of ealuation section you should see the following
"A notice above the letter descriptions reads as follows: “Medical schools need to know if you no longer plan on having specific letters sent to AMCAS. If one or more of your letters listed below is not going to be sent to AMCAS, click here.”
Do you see it?
 
On the Amcas guide it says that’s above the letter descriptions on the letter of ealuation section you should see the following
"A notice above the letter descriptions reads as follows: “Medical schools need to know if you no longer plan on having specific letters sent to AMCAS. If one or more of your letters listed below is not going to be sent to AMCAS, click here.”
Do you see it?
Oh I see, so there is no way to recall letters that have been already designated and subsequently sent to a school though?
 
Anyone have any insight on whether or not I should submit a secondary as an OOS applicant? I seem to find conflicting info on whether or not downstate is a very state heavy school on MSAR vs. SDN vs. their own website etc.
Thank you!
 
Anyone have any insight on whether or not I should submit a secondary as an OOS applicant? I seem to find conflicting info on whether or not downstate is a very state heavy school on MSAR vs. SDN vs. their own website etc.
Thank you!
Think it's roughly 1/4-1/3 OOS but that's based on a vague recollection from orientation 4 years ago and could be completely wrong. Def worth applying imo.
 
Congrats! When do they have you scheduled to interview? I also see that you're a re-applicant. Have you interviewed at this school before by any chance?
No, I never interviewed at SUNY-Downstate. I was an international resident this time last year, only applied to a few schools.

Edit: Early September invite, just one date. I will have to re-schedule, so I e-mailed them availability. Looking at last year's thread, it looks like they prefer e-mails to reschedule over phone calls, and will just tell you to e-mail them over the phone, lol.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a notification past "Your Online Supplemental has been completed and your payment has been made. Your Online Supplemental has been submitted to the Office of Admissions for further processing." or is that the complete page? And does this school not send complete emails?
 
I don’t think there’s anything past that page but I did receive a complete email about 8 hours after everything was submitted.

woah speak of the devil just got an email from them despite having that page up for a few days now! I'll have to ask you about an interview in a few weeks too 😉
 
Does anyone have a fee waiver and only received this message when you submit the secondary: 'Since you have an AMCAS fee wavier, you supplemental application fee will be waived.' I can't get past this page so I'm not sure if my secondary was successfully submitted.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed on halloween, had my peer to peer around a month later, and received an acceptance in December. I don't recall the breakdown at my interview, but in my class there's a fair OOS population, especially from California. I think like 30-40 students out of the 200 were OOS?

What is the peer to peer?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad