2018-2019 SUNY - Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Aw man. And here I was hoping they would do it for me.

Any idea if that’s means 3 total or a committee letter plus more
They will accept all the letters in the packet

Members don't see this ad.

Downstate says to only send 3 letters and designate any others as “ no longer being sent” Anyone know how to do that?

In their admissions info packet I saw that they want two letters, not three, if you are submitting individual letters.

In their admissions info packet I saw that they want two letters, not three, if you are submitting individual letters.
I know, I just need to figure out how to designate letters as “no longer being sent” on Amcas

Members don't see this ad :)
+1 please update if you have any luck with this.
On the Amcas guide it says that’s above the letter descriptions on the letter of ealuation section you should see the following
"A notice above the letter descriptions reads as follows: “Medical schools need to know if you no longer plan on having specific letters sent to AMCAS. If one or more of your letters listed below is not going to be sent to AMCAS, click here.”
Do you see it?

On the Amcas guide it says that’s above the letter descriptions on the letter of ealuation section you should see the following
"A notice above the letter descriptions reads as follows: “Medical schools need to know if you no longer plan on having specific letters sent to AMCAS. If one or more of your letters listed below is not going to be sent to AMCAS, click here.”
Do you see it?
Oh I see, so there is no way to recall letters that have been already designated and subsequently sent to a school though?

Anyone have any insight on whether or not I should submit a secondary as an OOS applicant? I seem to find conflicting info on whether or not downstate is a very state heavy school on MSAR vs. SDN vs. their own website etc.
Thank you!

Anyone have any insight on whether or not I should submit a secondary as an OOS applicant? I seem to find conflicting info on whether or not downstate is a very state heavy school on MSAR vs. SDN vs. their own website etc.
Thank you!
Think it's roughly 1/4-1/3 OOS but that's based on a vague recollection from orientation 4 years ago and could be completely wrong. Def worth applying imo.

Reactions: 1 user
II yesterday. IS. Complete July 5. Stats in signature.

Reactions: 1 users
II yesterday. IS. Complete July 5. Stats in signature.
Congrats! When do they have you scheduled to interview? I also see that you're a re-applicant. Have you interviewed at this school before by any chance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! When do they have you scheduled to interview? I also see that you're a re-applicant. Have you interviewed at this school before by any chance?
No, I never interviewed at SUNY-Downstate. I was an international resident this time last year, only applied to a few schools.

Edit: Early September invite, just one date. I will have to re-schedule, so I e-mailed them availability. Looking at last year's thread, it looks like they prefer e-mails to reschedule over phone calls, and will just tell you to e-mail them over the phone, lol.

Did anyone indent their responses successively? I am having trouble formatting mine.

I payed but was never emailed a receipt and whenever I log into the portal, it says "pay now." Did it go through or should I try again?
Do you have a charge on your credit card?

Is there a notification past "Your Online Supplemental has been completed and your payment has been made. Your Online Supplemental has been submitted to the Office of Admissions for further processing." or is that the complete page? And does this school not send complete emails?

I don’t think there’s anything past that page but I did receive a complete email about 8 hours after everything was submitted.

woah speak of the devil just got an email from them despite having that page up for a few days now! I'll have to ask you about an interview in a few weeks too ;)

Does anyone have a fee waiver and only received this message when you submit the secondary: 'Since you have an AMCAS fee wavier, you supplemental application fee will be waived.' I can't get past this page so I'm not sure if my secondary was successfully submitted.

II!! Complete on 7/9, LM 70-75

Current MS1 here, if anyone has any questions feel free to send me a PM.
When did you interview and can you give us a idea of what your IS/OOS breakdown was in your interview cohort? Much appreciated.

I interviewed on halloween, had my peer to peer around a month later, and received an acceptance in December. I don't recall the breakdown at my interview, but in my class there's a fair OOS population, especially from California. I think like 30-40 students out of the 200 were OOS?

What is the peer to peer?

II today! Complete 8/15!

Close to home :D

Received an II but withdrew my application. Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Received an II a couple of days ago. Complete late July. IS.

Received an II a couple of days ago. Complete late July. IS.

Nice, can I ask what your stats are? Trying to figure out if it’s rolling or they stratify according to Mcat/GPA

Anyone know if SUNY is receptive to ITA emails?

I’m boutta be like “hey I live a couple blocks over...plz take me”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You could always just show up for one of the interview days uninvited and just play it off cool