2018-2019 SUNY - Downstate

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Luckily it’s just the metro north and the 5 train for me. Probably cheaper than driving and parking anyways. Just didn’t want to have to chance walking through Brooklyn in a suite if it’s 90 and humid still.
whens your interview?
 
I was complete 7/31, so hopefully this place can give me some love. 45 minute train ride away!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, I have an interview at SUNY upstate in early october. I'm from CA, so do you think it is warranted if I send NY schools like Albany and Downstate ITA emails?
 
Hi guys, I have an interview at SUNY upstate in early october. I'm from CA, so do you think it is warranted if I send NY schools like Albany and Downstate ITA emails?
Honestly, I don't think the geographic locations are close enough to be considered as ITA for these schools. Syracuse is like 2 hours from Albany and 4-5 hours from Downstate. I know it may seem like ITA for people who live out of state/on the west coast, but isk how receptive the schools will be given the distance. You can always try though! Good Luck!
 
Ok lowkey I’m freaking out about my interview invite cause my stats are pretty low compared to everyone and I’m OOS so I feel its a mistake :/

Also, do medical students host interviewees?
 
Ok lowkey I’m freaking out about my interview invite cause my stats are pretty low compared to everyone and I’m OOS so I feel its a mistake :/

Also, do medical students host interviewees?

If you got an II anywhere it’s not a mistake. You must’ve done some pretty cool stuff. I don’t believe they have hosting that I’ve seen though.
 
Doesn't matter. If they're interviewing you then they see you as a strong all-around candidate. I had these exact same fears going into my undergrad thinking I wasn't good enough because my stats were comparatively low. Glad I proved myself wrong.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok lowkey I’m freaking out about my interview invite cause my stats are pretty low compared to everyone and I’m OOS so I feel its a mistake :/

Also, do medical students host interviewees?

Congrats on the interview invite! I don't think you should worry about your stats if you got an interview invite! If you get an interview invite, they are not looking at your stats any more/your stats no longer define you, but they want to know you more as a person. For example, are you a pleasant person to be around with? Someone who is friendly and someone they are willing to work with as a college? How are you like under stress?
 
Guys if anybody needs a place for the interview, SUNY offers you to stay in the dorm, you just have to email them. I got a dorm available for me today.
 
Last edited:
For people who sent back the confirmation emails they requested for the II...has anyone received a receipt of confirmation of that email? Or do you just send it and move on?
 
For people who sent back the confirmation emails they requested for the II...has anyone received a receipt of confirmation of that email? Or do you just send it and move on?
They should send you back a confirmation email. If you don't get it in a day or two I would just follow-up.
 
Update: I called the admissions office and they said they're swamped with emails and still processing them, we should hear back soon!
Emails or apps? Are we supposed to Hear back about any questions asked or II?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad