2018-2019 The Commonwealth Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II yesterday morning 512 MCAT Complete 9/4

Members don't see this ad.

Do you think the acceptances that will go out on 10/15 are just for the ED people, and the non-ED will most likely be deferred until November? or will non-ED people get accepted too by october?

Do you think the acceptances that will go out on 10/15 are just for the ED people, and the non-ED will most likely be deferred until November? or will non-ED people get accepted too by october?
looking at the thread from last year, there were people who interviewed in middle September who found out 10/16. they did not say if they were ED or not, but I think it would be reasonable to guess that there are very little ED applicants considering the highly competitive nature of the application process

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard anything since being complete in July, does anyone know if they do silent rejections?

Reactions: 1 users
I haven't heard anything since being complete in July, does anyone know if they do silent rejections?

as far as I know, they don't do silent rejections. If they haven't told you anything, they might still be reviewing your application. Hang in there!

anyone interviewing this week or who interviewed recently has anything to add about interview day? interviewing soon and feel a bit nervous and excited

Anyone hear back recently? I been complete since 08/16...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking at last years thread and it seemed a lot more people on SDN atleast got II towards the end of September

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So post-interview (you may be able to do it even before offered an interview but I'm not sure) they say you can add up to two meaningful updates to you application. They do specify by saying "new, substantial updates". What does everyone think is substantial? I started a new job and have started in a new volunteer role, do you think that is considered substantial? I just don't want to send one in and they look at it as a negative thing and not as a positive.

Members don't see this ad :)
So post-interview (you may be able to do it even before offered an interview but I'm not sure) they say you can add up to two meaningful updates to you application. They do specify by saying "new, substantial updates". What does everyone think is substantial? I started a new job and have started in a new volunteer role, do you think that is considered substantial? I just don't want to send one in and they look at it as a negative thing and not as a positive.

I'd say those are meaningful, especially if they are related to medicine and could enhance your fit as a medical student/future physician.

anyone who interviewed this past week know when should we expect to hear back?

so i guess about mid november or so for our date. Wish you guys good luck, and if anyone has any questions about the interview or anything shoot me a message!

II just now, IS, earliest date available was November 2 and still a lot of November availability

Think we'll hear today?? Friday will offically mark 6 weeks since my interview, but hoping i may just hear today!

Think we'll hear today?? Friday will offically mark 6 weeks since my interview, but hoping i may just hear today!

Last year, they sent out responses to people interviewing as late as 9/22 on October 16th and 17th (which were a Monday and Tuesday). I've been on pins and needles all morning.

I interviewed on the 24th and I don't know if any of us from that day will have gotten reviewed in order to get a response back yet. But I'm on pins and needles as well!

Reactions: 2 users
good luck everyone! i interviewed 9/7, which i think was the earliest date. so really hoping to hear some good news today. I think i saw on last years thread that decisions would come out in late afternoon

Reactions: 7 users
Just got an II from these guys! Going to schedule it for after my other decisions so I'll see if I have to travel up there or not.

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats on the acceptances! What was everyone's interview day??

Accepted, interviewed early/mid-Sept, LizzyM ~70

Deferred to next committee meeting :eek:, interviewed 9/7, In state, Lizzy M score of 70 (518 mcat, 3.44 gpa), submitted 7/7

Reactions: 1 user
Application "
Deferred to next committee meeting :eek:, interviewed 9/7, In state, Lizzy M score of 70 (518 mcat, 3.44 gpa), submitted 7/7

Saaaame

Big congratulations to everyone that's getting accepted to Geisinger!

Any tips for a prospective interviewer? Going to go up in about a month.

Also accepted! I interviewed in mid-September and found out today around 1PM via email! The interview process is very relaxed and they really seem passionate about Geisinger/want to get to know the applicants. Good luck to all!

II today! My first of the cycle, woo! Mcat 516 gpa 3.87. In state, traditional

Reactions: 3 users
deferred yesterday...interviewed in september, LM ~75. liked this school so I hope this isn't the end! congrats to everyone accepted :)

I was also deferred to the next committee meeting. I interviewed at GCSOM on 9/7. When do you think the next committee meeting will be? What do you think our odds are of still getting in?

I was also deferred to the next committee meeting. I interviewed at GCSOM on 9/7. When do you think the next committee meeting will be? What do you think our odds are of still getting in?

If you have a little bit to look through last years thread, I believe there were a decent handful of SDNers that said they were accepted after being deferred.

EDIT: I'm not sure when the committee meets either. I interviewed on the 24th so either that interview day and beyond hasn't been reviewed yet or I have a rejection letter in the mail for me. I'm obviously hoping for the former!

I received a sweet, sweet R today. Good luck to all still applying!