2018-2019 The Commonwealth Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
so are we hoping for decisions today

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Potential Theory. Geisinger Ad Coms check this forum and saw we thought decisions were going to be released so they are deciding to mess with us and are waiting to release decisions.

Hopefully the humor can be sensed through that comment

Got an email saying I’m deferred to next committee meeting. Interviewed 9/24. A little bummed but its not a rejection! Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear!

Reactions: 1 user
ACCEPTED 10/6 interview!!!!!!!!! FIRST MD ACCEPTANCE!

Reactions: 8 users
for those who interviewed already, what was the cheapest way (airport) to fly into? Did you leave the same day? What time did the day really end? TIA

So im assuming when we clikc “I accept this offer of admission” its nonbinding correct?

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted. Interviewed on 9/28.

Accepted!!! The first one feels sooo good! I had another interview today, walked out and saw this acceptance! Beyond grateful!
OOS, Interviewed early October, LM ~70

Reactions: 1 users
First acceptance (currently floating). Congrats and good luck to all :). 10/1, OOS

Accepted! Interviewed 9/10 I think?

Reactions: 2 users
Deferred :( 10/1 interview, IS
did you get an email that said you were deferred? I got a defferal in October, didn't hear anything today so wondering if i'm going to get an email that says i was deferred again or just nothing until a decision is made

did you get an email that said you were deferred? I got a defferal in October, didn't hear anything today so wondering if i'm going to get an email that says i was deferred again or just nothing until a decision is made

It says in the email “You will not receive further communication about your admission status until a final decision has been made on your application file”. So it looks like they won’t update us after every meeting unless we get accepted.

I have to admit this is a huge bummer. Loved the school and thought I did really well in the interviews. Not sure what went wrong :/

It says in the email “You will not receive further communication about your admission status until a final decision has been made on your application file”. So it looks like they won’t update us after every meeting unless we get accepted.

I have to admit this is a huge bummer. Loved the school and thought I did really well in the interviews. Not sure what went wrong :/
Oh you’re right I forgot about that. Sorry I’m just bummed out right now and not thinking. I thought my interview went well too ugh

Oh you’re right I forgot about that. Sorry I’m just bummed out right now and not thinking. I thought my interview went well too ugh

Yeah I totally know how you feel, it sucks. People did get accepted after being deferred on last year’s thread. I’m really crushed right now but hopefully we get in further down the line.

Yeah I totally know how you feel, it sucks. People did get accepted after being deferred on last year’s thread. I’m really crushed right now but hopefully we get in further down the line.
Just hoping I don’t get hit with a rejection tomorrow :/
I heard they send out acceptances and rejections on different days

has anyone from 10/8 interview
heard anything??

Just hoping I don’t get hit with a rejection tomorrow :/
I heard they send out acceptances and rejections on different days

I doubt they’ll reject. It seems to me that they continually defer and then ultimately place the deferred people not accepted at the end on a waitlist. I feel like if they wanted to reject you, they would’ve done it before deferring you.

They do Post-II rejections through snail mail. Learned that the hard way last cycle

Well that's just adding insult to injury lol. They deferred you and then rejected you last cycle?

No I just got rejected without being deferred last cycle so I'm unfamiliar with the whole deferral process. I saw your previous post saying that people did get pulled off the deferral list and thats something we should be positive about! I don't remember exactly how many people say that got pulled off but Im pretty sure since we're early in the cycle, we have a higher chance of getting a future acceptance. Thats just me trying to have the glass half-full attitude

does anyone know if they send out acceptances the first day and then rejections second?? just trying to be prepared lol

Can anyone send me a DM and tell me anything about the deferral process or someone getting in after getting accepted?

Last edited:
I was initially deferred y’all! Keep your chin up.

Not sure if I saw any acceptances/deferrals from the week of 10/8-10/12 interviews and onward. Seems like the 10/1-10/5 interviews were the cut off but I obviously could be wrong since not every interviewee is posting on SDN.

Interviewed here yesterday!

Love the school, the facilities, and the mission. I come from a big metropolitan area so Scranton is a bit different than what I'm used to but it's a lot bigger than I initially thought it was. Overall one of my favorite interview experiences. Will definitely be looking forward to hearing back from these guys (in 6-8 weeks, bleh)

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 11/2 and REALLY loved the school. I'm from the area and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. My faculty interview was a little meh, but my student interview went well I think.

Interviewed 11/2 and REALLY loved the school. I'm from the area and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. My faculty interview was a little meh, but my student interview went well I think.

Don't sweat the faculty interview. Mine was painful and it all worked out!

Don't sweat the faculty interview. Mine was painful and it all worked out!

Wonder if we had the same guy...

Fingers crossed though, looks like my interview cohort barely didn't make the cut for this recent batch of decisions. Either that or the postman's bringing some unwelcome news to a few of us this week.

Wonder if we had the same guy...

Fingers crossed though, looks like my interview cohort barely didn't make the cut for this recent batch of decisions. Either that or the postman's bringing some unwelcome news to a few of us this week.

Haha no I had a VERY stern lady. I could feel that my face was as red as a tomato from after 10 minutes in.

I'm sure youll get some good luck soon!!!

Congrats congrats to everyone accepted!! Just got a II for this school, it's my first interview and I am so excited/nervous!! (Complete 8/14, average stats, tons of volunteering + clinical hours). Does anyone have any tips for interviewing here?? I'd love to stay in PA if possible and this is my top school choice in state :)

Reactions: 5 users
It seems like while most people had warm interviewers there were a few difficult professors so be ready for either. It also seems like a colder interviewer doesn't really decrease your chances in any way.

My advice is to be open about why Med School and why Geisinger and be prepared for what will likely be a normal, casual conversation! Oh, and everyone's super nice.

II just now! First date was middle of January. OOS.

Reactions: 5 users
II just now! First date was middle of January. OOS.
+1 !! Got the ii earlier this afternoon. I'm a low stat OOS applicant, excited to visit Geisinger. Now scheduling interviews into late Jan and early Feb

Edit: should add that I was complete in late July, and didn't send any updates or anything, so it seems they periodically re-review apps?

Reactions: 3 users