2018-2019 University of California - Los Angeles (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a feeling that decision notifications won’t happen this week either :( Oh well I guess I’m just hoping for a pleasant surprise.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I’m hoping they are still giving out interviews

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well first they said Oct 15th. Then two weeks ago they said next week. It's getting pretty hard to believe they'll meet their self-set deadlines haha

Yeah, they don't seem like they're meeting their deadlines at all. I guess we should have expected these types of delays considering their drastic change in schedule from last cycle to this cycle

Reactions: 1 user
I hope they are still giving out interviews... I just submitted an update letter, so I hope it helps. Complete early august and no news :/

Reactions: 1 users
anyone know how important updates/letters of interest are to the DGSOM adcom??

I know they said they accept them at my interview, but I know different schools have different views on the weight that they actually put on them... some of the schools I have interviewed at said they really encourage them, but others say it doesn't matter much. Wasn't able to get a feel for how DGSOM views them.

unsure exactly but I think my update letter was influential in me getting in; I waited for March 15 last year and after it went by sent a LOI, got in within a week of that

Still havent received a secondary. Is it over for me?

I would love to stay in beverly hills man...

Only the Shadow . . . and the Admissions Office know for sure. That said, I suspect it is not over for you and you should continue to think good thoughts. FWIW My Magic 8 Ball agrees.

I think that there will be definitely more interview invites from here considering the fact they are on such a delay.

Regardless, filling out my Morgan Stanley investment banking internship app.

• Haha
unsure exactly but I think my update letter was influential in me getting in; I waited for March 15 last year and after it went by sent a LOI, got in within a week of that

awesome. is there any reason why you chose March 15? is that when they started releasing acceptances last year?

Still havent received a secondary. Is it over for me?

I would love to stay in beverly hills man...
**** the secondary I want to see you first day of class regardless of enrollment

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys know if UCLA accepts AP credit for the prereqs? On their website, there is a part that says they don't accept an AP and there is a part that says they do accept AP. Has anyone called them about that?

Do you guys know if UCLA accepts AP credit for the prereqs? On their website, there is a part that says they don't accept an AP and there is a part that says they do accept AP. Has anyone called them about that?
i believe they do now

Yeah, they don't seem like they're meeting their deadlines at all. I guess we should have expected these types of delays considering their drastic change in schedule from last cycle to this cycle

i doubted you, but it sorta looks like you're right...this waiting game is killing me though. Has anyone called to ask?

Are they interviewing less applicants for the Regular MD/Geffen program? Does anyone know how many students get interviewed each week? I'm interviewing this month and would be SO HAPPY IF I GOT IN AND COULD BE DONE WITH THIS PROCESS.

Everyday. KNOWLEDGE my brother.
Yea which exactly why they should put us in medical school. In this day and age KNOWLEDGE.... feels like it is gate kept lol

Are they interviewing less applicants for the Regular MD/Geffen program? Does anyone know how many students get interviewed each week? I'm interviewing this month and would be SO HAPPY IF I GOT IN AND COULD BE DONE WITH THIS PROCESS.
The dean said they’re interviewing 600 applicants this cycle.
25 interview days: 24 interviewees per day (12 in the morning sesh and 12 in the afternoon)

If they’re basically finished giving out MD interviews, can they just put us out of our misery? :(

Reactions: 3 users
The dean said they’re interviewing 600 applicants this cycle.
25 interview days: 24 interviewees per day (12 in the morning sesh and 12 in the afternoon)
Interesting. MSAR says 948 were interviewed (last year?). I wonder why they are interviewing far fewer applicants?

Interesting. MSAR says 948 were interviewed (last year?). I wonder why they are interviewing far fewer applicants?

I think MSAR includes all interviews given out (MSTP, PRIME, and Drew/UCLA), which is why it's higher. The Dean said they're giving out 600 regular MD interviews total

Me every morning now: will it be today???:heckyeah:

Me every night now: it wasn't today.:(

I wish they hadn't made any statements about when they'd be trying to get acceptances out. But on a good note, my meditation practice is going really well, and I'm pretty sure it is keeping me from dying of anticipation. Anyone have any news?

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how many more interviews are left? It seems that they completely changed up their admissions cycle this year and are trying to get their interviews out much earlier than previous years.

Does anyone know how many more interviews are left? It seems that they completely changed up their admissions cycle this year and are trying to get their interviews out much earlier than previous years.
Truly no one knows and there is no possible way to find out. You'll just have to be patient.

have any PRIME applicants been transferred to the MD only pool recently? last i saw on this thread seems to be in October...

Me every morning now: will it be today???:heckyeah:

Me every night now: it wasn't today.:(

I wish they hadn't made any statements about when they'd be trying to get acceptances out. But on a good note, my meditation practice is going really well, and I'm pretty sure it is keeping me from dying of anticipation. Anyone have any news?

Don't have any news, but I just want to say: I'm in the exact same boat. Minus meditation, so maybe I should try that! It's probably time for someone to call the admissions office to get an update.

have any PRIME applicants been transferred to the MD only pool recently? last i saw on this thread seems to be in October...

lol...I got my secondary end of October so if I don't get transferred into the MD pool like....today.... I probably won't be considered for MD at all. This is assuming that the last interview is Dec 15 as reported.

I applied PRIME and was complete early August. Is it safe to assume that no new is good news? I haven't received the transferred into the MD pool email.

lol...I got my secondary end of October so if I don't get transferred into the MD pool like....today.... I probably won't be considered for MD at all. This is assuming that the last interview is Dec 15 as reported.
From looking at past posts about PRIME, it seems that PRIME candidates can still be passed on to MD even after being turned down for PRIME in January. It appears that PRIME candidates who are turned over to MD after January are still considered all the way through the summer, so I would say that sounds hopeful even if you haven't heard back yet!

I applied PRIME and was complete early August. Is it safe to assume that no new is good news? I haven't received the transferred into the MD pool email.
PRIME candidates will not hear back about PRIME interviews until early December. If you haven't heard back yet, they are likely still considering you for the program. If you're really interested in PRIME that is indeed good news!

For the people who interviewed this week, what did Dean Hall say about the timeline of decision releases this time?

For the people who interviewed this week, what did Dean Hall say about the timeline of decision releases this time?
The decision is made 3.5-4 weeks after your interview; however, the applicant's notification of that decision could go well beyond that time.

Reactions: 4 users
The decision is made 3.5-4 weeks after your interview; however, the applicant's notification of that decision could go well beyond that time.

UCLA is worth waiting for, and I am grateful to even be considered - thanks for the update!

Reactions: 5 users
Does UCLA accept or encourage post-interview updates?

From looking at past posts about PRIME, it seems that PRIME candidates can still be passed on to MD even after being turned down for PRIME in January. It appears that PRIME candidates who are turned over to MD after January are still considered all the way through the summer, so I would say that sounds hopeful even if you haven't heard back yet!

PRIME candidates will not hear back about PRIME interviews until early December. If you haven't heard back yet, they are likely still considering you for the program. If you're really interested in PRIME that is indeed good news!

How can they consider you for MD if they're done with MD interviews in December...?

How can they consider you for MD if they're done with MD interviews in December...?
Because your PRIME interview would be taken into consideration for regular admissions. Sorry for the confusion—this is referring to people who are invited to interview for the program in January but are later deferred to regular MD.

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if anyone has a UID on their applicant portal (at the top right corner next to your name and last login date)? I'm not sure if it was always there, or am I just being forgetful? :O For anyone's reference, I interviewed in September. Thanks! Anyways, good luck to everyone out there!! :luck::hardy:

I have that too I don't think it means anything

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if anyone has a UID on their applicant portal (at the top right corner next to your name and last login date)? I'm not sure if it was always there, or am I just being forgetful? :O For anyone's reference, I interviewed in September. Thanks! Anyways, good luck to everyone out there!! :luck::hardy:
Idk if it has been there the whole time but I have one and have not had an ii so I don't think it means anything

Anyone have insight into the hosting system? I applied for a host and haven't heard anything - interviewing next week and figure I should probably get a hotel room, right?

Anyone have insight into the hosting system? I applied for a host and haven't heard anything - interviewing next week and figure I should probably get a hotel room, right?

I would send an email to the hosting coordinators if you're within a week of your interview and have not heard back. I did, and received a hosting assignment the next day.

Anyone hear from anyone about the pre-interview dinner? Do we just show up?

has anyone tried their UID on the following website and been able to make it to step 3-https://accounts.iam.ucla.edu/register? (and no, i have not actually tried to create an account in step 3)
It's probably nothing but I am just curious as to if your UID would work regardless of whether or not you already interviewed/were accepted. hope there is some good news soon!!!

Hey anyone from the 11/9/18 group remember when Dean Hall said we would be notified? Also s/o to everyone in the group, yall were awesome!

has anyone tried their UID on the following website and been able to make it to step 3-https://accounts.iam.ucla.edu/register? (and no, i have not actually tried to create an account in step 3)
It's probably nothing but I am just curious as to if your UID would work regardless of whether or not you already interviewed/were accepted. hope there is some good news soon!!!
I just tried it and I was able to go through all of the steps. Interviewed in Sep. Don't think it means anything though