2018-2019 University of California - San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lol got the rejection rn. Could have guessed tbh lol. Stats in the sig and was finished early July.

Members don't see this ad.

Lol got the rejection rn. Could have guessed tbh lol. Stats in the sig and was finished early July.
MD? or MSTP? Sorry to hear that man. Im in the same boat as you stat wise, submitted early too.

This process. lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm cowering under my desk rn

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

I received my secondary yesterday and submitted today. OOS, yet hopeful!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just checking in to see if there are any other people that were verified early June and still have not received a secondary or a rejection?

I figured I will be/have been rejected, but I know others have gotten pre-secondary rejections. I'm super interested in the JMP and I'm thinking about reaching out to them via email, but I also don't want to hurt any sliver of a chance I might have at getting a secondary still.

Reactions: 5 users
Finally got a secondary today! I was verified 8/17

Thank you for posting! I was verified 8/20, so I'm glad to know they are still sending out secondaries to people verified mid-August. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for posting! I was verified 8/20, so I'm glad to know they are still sending out secondaries to people verified mid-August. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Good luck! I'm still waiting on UCLA tho... going to just consider it a rejection and be pleasantly surprised if I end up with one.

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck! I'm still waiting on UCLA tho... going to just consider it a rejection and be pleasantly surprised if I end up with one.

In the opposite boat.. got UCLA but still waiting for the UCSF secondary... I hope we are both pleasantly surprised.

Thanks! Good luck to you too!

In the opposite boat.. got UCLA but still waiting for the UCSF secondary... I hope we are both pleasantly surprised.

+1

I got secondaries from UC Irvine and UCLA pretty quickly, but have heard nothing from UCSF or UC Davis since being verified 6 weeks ago... It's interesting how all of the UCs pre-screen but seem to do it in very different ways.

I'm OOS so I'm also trying not to get my hopes up about any of them.

Thanks! Good luck to you too!

+1

I got secondaries from UC Irvine and UCLA pretty quickly, but have heard nothing from UCSF or UC Davis since being verified 6 weeks ago... It's interesting how all of the UCs pre-screen but seem to do it in very different ways.

I'm OOS so I'm also trying not to get my hopes up about any of them.
Im the opposite where I got UCSF quickly and have been in silence at UCLA for 9 weeks

So what's the general consensus on emailing about a secondary? Is it looked down upon? (I have yet to receive UCSF but received UCLA quickly after I was verified in July)

So what's the general consensus on emailing about a secondary? Is it looked down upon? (I have yet to receive UCSF but received UCLA quickly after I was verified in July)

You’re just gonna be told your app is currently under review. I received my UCLA secondary in days but my UCSF one took over a month

You’re just gonna be told your app is currently under review. I received my UCLA secondary in days but my UCSF one took over a month[/QU

Got it. It's been over 3 months for me and nada :p

i have an interview here. any advice from current students? thanks!

R last night, OOS and complete 7/24

II!!!!
Received last night around 8:00 PM

LizzyM 63/URM/Complete 7/10/18

Edit: complete date

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Interviewing here next week - any advice from current students or anyone who's had one here already? Of course UCSF is just so amazing overall, but what are some things that make the school extra unique and stand-out?

And just when I thought I was done with secondary applications... Received last night. Very happy though :).

Reactions: 7 users
For the optional essay, I'm between writing about my research experience in depth or writing a diversity essay that touches on the influence of my diversity on my personal and professional activities. Any advice?

For the optional essay, I'm between writing about my research experience in depth or writing a diversity essay that touches on the influence of my diversity on my personal and professional activities. Any advice?

What have you emphasized less on your primary? I would go with that one!

Verified early July and JUST got my secondary lol. They wouldn't have sent me a $econdary if I didn't have a chance, right? Anyone hear of people getting into UCSF with a secondary complete in October???

Reactions: 4 users
Verified early July and JUST got my secondary lol. They wouldn't have sent me a $econdary if I didn't have a chance, right? Anyone hear of people getting into UCSF with a secondary complete in October???

I think you gotta come through with a fire optional essay and try to turn it around as soon as possible! Someone liked what they saw, now tell them more!

Reactions: 2 users
I poked around last year's thread and I think it doesn't hurt your chances to get your secondary later!

Reactions: 2 users
I poked around last year's thread and I think it doesn't hurt your chances to get your secondary later!
Thanks for looking into that! Submitted my secondary today and decided to expand on one of my core extracurriculars. My reasoning was that, if someone liked something in my app, it’s probably because they’re intrigued by one of my strengths. I think an emphasized and specific identity is more favored than someone who has done everything and “checked all the boxes.” But time will tell I guess!

Did anybody else not fill in anything for any of the essays? I didn’t know if I should expand on stuff I already mentioned in my app (even tho it was 1 sentence in my PS) so I live everything blank.