2018-2019 University of Kentucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If we reapply, do we have to submit our previous letters of evaluation or just two new ones? On the website it says, "Applicants who have previously applied and supplied letters of evaluation must submit two new individual letters of evaluation with their revised and updated AMCAS application."

Anyone know?
can you post the link to where that is said on the website.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would imagine you could still use the old ones but have to provide two new ones as well. Which is annoying.

Yeah I didn't know if we had to add two additional LORs along with our old ones, or just submit the new ones. I would rather just ask for the new ones, I don't want to disappoint the people that wrote my recommendations and ask them to resubmit...

Yeah I didn't know if we had to add two additional LORs along with our old ones, or just submit the new ones. I would rather just ask for the new ones, I don't want to disappoint the people that wrote my recommendations and ask them to resubmit...
They don't care. I have already asked mine and all were happy to help if need be. Your LOR writers aren't going to be mad at you.

Reactions: 1 user
The lack of movement here is so discouraging. I've practically given up on hearing from them :(

Reactions: 1 users
The lack of movement here is so discouraging. I've practically given up on hearing from them :(
Yeah. Personally and this is 100% speculation. The class is full and will remain full. Any movement has already occurred and there will be no more.

if anyone who successfully got in and is IS could pm there stats that would be great!

I am not sure why there hasn't been much movement? Last year, it seemed like a ton of people got in by this time.

Has anyone confirmed outside of SDN that there isn't a lot of movement at either school yet or is this just speculation because not a lot of people have been posting here? :(

Has anyone confirmed outside of SDN that there isn't a lot of movement at either school yet or is this just speculation because not a lot of people have been posting here? :(

all my info is from SDN

Members don't see this ad :)
So I just found out the decision date for Louisville is July 1? I thought all students had to decide on a medical school by April 30...Is july 1 also the date for UK?

So I just found out the decision date for Louisville is July 1? I thought all students had to decide on a medical school by April 30...Is july 1 also the date for UK?
April 30th was the AMCAS traffic day where we had to narrow our acceptances down to 1. July 1st is the latest we can commit to enroll at UofL. UK said we have to CTE 2-3 weeks before classes started. They didn't give a specific date when I called. However as a courtesy if you know where you are going earlier than that they suggest that you CTE before July 1st. Each school specifies their own CTE date.

So my friend who got accepted sent me a document stating that students have until June 6 to CTE. So we are almost there!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone here that goes to the lex campus that I could ask a couple questions?

Here you all go!

Attachments

• IMG_3850.JPG
    IMG_3850.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 133
The document can be found on aamc.org..it is not specifically from UK. But I hope both Uofl/UK follow the June 6 rule.

so is the June 6th not real or did UK just copy a document and then send it out? because i was confused by that July 1 M1 start date

so is the June 6th not real or did UK just copy a document and then send it out? because i was confused by that July 1 M1 start date

I don't think that applies to UK...... I wish this process was more transparent. I hate speculating...

So I called and got some info from a very sweet lady.... if you’re reapplying, you need to submit 2 new LORs, particularly ones that emphasize what you have done in the last year. You do not need to resubmit your past LORs. I asked if they have been impacted by the new AAMC guidelines and she laughed and said “oh yes we have, we have still have people holding dual acceptances” she also told me that they have finally dipped into the alternate pool as of recently, but only a few offers. She said that it has not been as drastic as years past but it may be because they are focusing on Kentuckians (and I suspect these new guidelines aren’t helping things). This made me feel a little better, but I am moving onto the next cycle and hoping for the best! I hope we all get good news soon :)

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone called UK and asked if they expect more movement?

Hello Friends! I was just accepted a few hours ago via phone call (first one!!!) and I am ugly crying all over myself. See you all in July!

Reactions: 2 users
Hello Friends! I was just accepted a few hours ago via phone call (first one!!!) and I am ugly crying all over myself. See you all in July!
Yay!!!! Congrats!!!

That's amazing!!! Congratulations!!! Would you mind sharing your stats?

Lol, I had my interview in September. IS 3.7~/502 and lots of EC as well. I guess UK places more emphasis on the MCAT

Why was your interview so late in the cycle if you don't mind me asking?

I let a LOR go unsent due to a miscom between me and one of my doctors (he thought he sent it in but left it in pergotory for TWO MONTHS) so my app didn’t get processed by UK for a while... (big Yiké on my part...)

Lol, I had my interview in September. IS 3.7~/502 and lots of EC as well. I guess UK places more emphasis on the MCAT
Nah. I think it is based on what they need in their class tbh. I think that is how most schools operate. I don't think MCAT is what is the deciding factor. Composition of the class from what I have read and heard is the key.

I let a LOR go unsent due to a miscom between me and one of my doctors (he thought he sent it in but left it in pergotory for TWO MONTHS) so my app didn’t get processed by UK for a while... (big Yiké on my part...)
wow that is a lame way to get screwed over. at least it didn't effect you in the end. =)

wow that is a lame way to get screwed over. at least it didn't effect you in the end. =)

Lol, oh you are telling me. But they said a lot of the admin have been out of office so hopefully they’ll get back in and send you all a bunch of A’s! (Would have asked more Qs but was driving when i got the call and was trying not to crash lmao)

Lol, oh you are telling me. But they said a lot of the admin have been out of office so hopefully they’ll get back in and send you all a bunch of A’s! (Would have asked more Qs but was driving when i got the call and was trying not to crash lmao)
I respect your optimism. Did they say how long you had to decide? I know you are accepting but it would help to gauge.

Nah. I think it is based on what they need in their class tbh. I think that is how most schools operate. I don't think MCAT is what is the deciding factor. Composition of the class from what I have read and heard is the key.
Lmao I wonder where I fit in their composition. I'm IS, went to UofL for undergrad, Asian, poor af (lol), from a medically-underserved town in Western KY, first-generation, woman, I learned and mastered Spanish during undergrad, and the list goes on and on. The process is a true mystery for me

did you get a call from an interviewer or someone else from the admissions committee/office.