2018-2019 University of Kentucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any recent acceptances?

Members don't see this ad.

Any recent acceptances?
Not that I have heard of. I looked at last years thread and the earliest I saw was April 26 someone was pulled off the waitlist. This is my guess that they will review applications during April and then start making calls late April or May. May most likely because of the new rules.
Note: Again this is entirely speculation.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted via phone call to BG campus. IS interviewed 10/24.
I saw you got into UofL too. You have a green card right? That technically is a lot better than pure international... Cuz I remembered that UofL only takes citizen or green card. And this year UK stopped accepting international w/o green card too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know approximately how many people get pulled from the waitlist post interview season?

What is the date for UK that we have to commit to enroll? I know for UofL its July 1. Im currently waitlisted at both but I'm just curious

What is the date for UK that we have to commit to enroll? I know for UofL its July 1. Im currently waitlisted at both but I'm just curious
I think it depends. I talked to admissions and they said that the further along in the summer we go the shorter the time an applicant who was waitlisted has time to accept after being pulled from the list. I don't think there is a specific day.

According to Newsletter 7 for Accepted Students, they are using the AMCAS tool, so you commit April 30.

According to Newsletter 7 for Accepted Students, they are using the AMCAS tool, so you commit April 30.
So that should force some seats to open up for the waitlisters like me! I just sent in my letter of intent! Keeping my fingers crossed.

You can “Plan to Enroll” anytime between now and the 30th (withdraws all acceptances after the 30th, but keeps waitlisted schools alive); you must “Commit to Enroll” (elimates all other schools, including all waitlisted schools) no later than about 25 days prior to the school’s matriculation date (each school should be communicating this date to you at some point).

Last edited:
So we are definitely supposed to email all other schools we are accepted to and withdraw formally right? This is what the AAMC website says. But it seems to me that if you commit to enroll and all the other programs can see you’ve done so at another program, they’ll auto-drop you from consideration eventually anyway. Although I do certainly understand that it’s likely just common courtesy for the schools and other applicants as well. What about schools we are waitlisted at? Should we also inform them?

I doubt UK wants us to Commit to Enroll exactly on the 30th, the day the button becomes available. But there’s of course no point in waiting if UK is your top choice anyway and I plan to hit that button as soon as I can lol. I’m a little surprised UK haven’t given us an ultimate date that we have to commit by though for those who may be juggling a few options. It’s supposed to be on each school to give a date, not an AAMC policy.

Last edited:
So we are definitely supposed to email all other schools we are accepted to and withdraw formally right? This is what the AAMC website says. But it seems to me that if you commit to enroll and all the other programs can see you’ve done so at another program, they’ll auto-drop you from consideration eventually anyway. Although I do certainly understand that it’s likely just common courtesy for the schools and other applicants as well. What about schools we are waitlisted at? Should we also inform them?

I doubt UK wants us to Commit to Enroll exactly on the 30th, the day the button becomes available. But there’s of course no point in waiting if UK is your top choice anyway and I plan to hit that button as soon as I can lol. I’m a little surprised UK haven’t given us an ultimate date that we have to commit by though for those who may be juggling a few options. It’s supposed to be on each school to give a date, not an AAMC policy.
They do want you to commit as soon as possible so they can accurately assess their class size. They want to be able to fill their class quickly.

Anyone heard of anyone coming off the waitlist after April 15th?

Finally withdrew my acceptance here. Good luck to those on the waitlist! To all those intending to matriculate here, M1 Neuroanatomy with Dr. Franklin will be amazing! He is one of the most influential professors I've ever had.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone here get accepted off the waitlist for the BG campus yet? I sent in an LOI two weeks ago. Fingers crossed!

Just committed to enroll. Make sure to do this as soon as you possibly can guys so UK can see what seats they have empty and we can start hearing good news from some of these waitlisted folks!

Reactions: 1 users
Just committed to enroll. Make sure to do this as soon as you possibly can guys so UK can see what seats they have empty and we can start hearing good news from some of these waitlisted folks!
did UK give a deadline for when people have to commit?

did UK give a deadline for when people have to commit?

They’ve never really explicitly said a hard date as far as I can tell. In the most recent newsletter they sent us, it just repeated the AAMC rule of narrow your acceptance down to one by April 30. But it didn’t say you have to hit CTE on April 30. Maybe in the next newsletter for admitted students they’ll give a deadline cause it’s really vague at this point.

They’ve never really explicitly said a hard date as far as I can tell. In the most recent newsletter they sent us, it just repeated the AAMC rule of narrow your acceptance down to one by April 30. But it didn’t say you have to hit CTE on April 30. Maybe in the next newsletter for admitted students they’ll give a deadline cause it’s really vague at this point.

It’s different for every school. I don’t know about UK, but for example, UofL requires students to commit on July 1st. You can stay on other WL up until July 1st and still have a seat in their class. I would ask the admission office to be sure

It’s different for every school. I don’t know about UK, but for example, UofL requires students to commit on July 1st. You can stay on other WL up until July 1st and still have a seat in their class. I would ask the admission office to be sure
I haven't heard anything. Both UK and UofL have barely had any movement from what I have heard.

Had a friend get accepted from the alternate pool this morning around 9 am ET

they attend uk?
Thats interesting to me... Not that OOS don't get accepted but to hear that the first movement is off the OOS list is odd for UK because they traditionally accept IS students first! But congrats to them!

Thats interesting to me... Not that OOS don't get accepted but to hear that the first movement is off the OOS list is odd for UK because they traditionally accept IS students first! But congrats to them!
Probably replaced another OOS student who dropped since UK aims for 90% kentuckians in their class.

Are you on only trying for BG?

I was hoping there would be more movement on the alternate list by now. The wait is slowly killing me.

I feel like I don't have a huge chance of getting into BG because the class size is so small which sucks.
I applied to BG so I wouldnt have to move and so my husband could get keep his job. so If i don't get in there I may go to UofL over UK but IDK. It depends on where I get in and the timing of it all.

committee meets today correct? anyone know what time?

committee meets today correct? anyone know what time?
tbh I think that the committee meeting is over. They probably made the list in late april given that people have already come off the list and they can't really sit and reevaluate.

Reactions: 1 users
tbh I think that the committee meeting is over. They probably made the list in late april given that people have already come off the list and they can't really sit and reevaluate.
But they are constantly re-evaluating because people decline offers and pull out late so I feel like they probably have regular meetings.

But they are constantly re-evaluating because people decline offers and pull out late so I feel like they probably have regular meetings.
Maybe just doesn't seem very efficient. Like make your ranked list. and then as people decline/drop people move up the list. Given that some members are practicing physicians i don't know how much time they really have to continuously keep meeting.

I just figured that they always met because this process doesn't really stop. Who knows. I'm sure they are constantly talking and discussing, physical meeting or not.

Also, I don't suppose anyone has information on size of the waitlist/amount of students accepted from it?

Also, I don't suppose anyone has information on size of the waitlist/amount of students accepted from it?
No. Sadly. If i recall reading last years thread someone said 70 people get pulled from the list but idk if that was all campuses and if it was the entire year or not

No. Sadly. If i recall reading last years thread someone said 70 people get pulled from the list but idk if that was all campuses and if it was the entire year or not
Do they constantly re-evaluate and shuffle applicants like UofL or once they rank them do they stay the same?

Do they constantly re-evaluate and shuffle applicants like UofL or once they rank them do they stay the same?
No clue. I am trying to remember what admissions said and they may have said continuous evaluation but I can't remember tbh.

I am also on the waitlist for both Uofl and UK but have not heard back from either. Any signs of movement?