2018-2019 University of Kentucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm curious if they've sent out any IS acceptances but I guess we can't know haha

I technically did not have official residency status when I applied but I married a Kentuckian and moved here and was living here with him when i applied. And I just got notification from the residency office thay they accepted my application and I’m now considered a resident so honestly idk what list I’m on

I technically did not have official residency status when I applied but I married a Kentuckian and moved here and was living here with him when i applied. And I just got notification from the residency office thay they accepted my application and I’m now considered a resident so honestly idk what list I’m on
If the residency office says you're a resident you will be in the IS list.

Hoping they send out more acceptances next week but don't know how likely it is.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when tuition is going to be finalized? I know we get the statement August 1, but like I was just wondering if they are going to tell us for sure what tuition will be and not just an estimate prior to getting a statement.

that's a sad aspect of this process
The new AMCAS rules didn't force students to give up all but one acceptance. It only suggested it. So I think there is less movement because of students still holding onto multiple offers.

Really wish someone who is admitted could tell us if UK had a deadline to accept the offer.

My friend said the deadline to accept the waitlist offer was the 27th of May

I just got so excited because I had an email from UK admissions, but it was just them telling me to make sure I filled out my FASFA in case I got admitted :(

Reactions: 2 users
I just got so excited because I had an email from UK admissions, but it was just them telling me to make sure I filled out my FASFA in case I got admitted :(
yeah i saw that.... cut me deep

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
If you get accepted off of on WL can you still remain on another one? Or do you have to commit to enroll immediately?
admissions said that the deeper they go into the summer the shorter the time period a WL applicant has to accept. So now they are giving like 2-3 weeks but in last year's thread in June people were given 1-2 days.

admissions said that the deeper they go into the summer the shorter the time period a WL applicant has to accept. So now they are giving like 2-3 weeks but in last year's thread in June people were given 1-2 days.
But with the new traffic rules, its not clear whether we have to commit or just use plan to enroll until the schools deadline? Like UofL's deadline to commit to enroll is July 1st. So theoretically if I got in there could I use the "plan to enroll" until July 1st and then remain on the WL here.? That's where its very unclear. I hate being the guinea pigs for a new system

But with the new traffic rules, its not clear whether we have to commit or just use plan to enroll until the schools deadline? Like UofL's deadline to commit to enroll is July 1st. So theoretically if I got in there could I use the "plan to enroll" until July 1st and then remain on the WL here.? That's where its very unclear. I hate being the guinea pigs for a new system
pretty sure it is commit to enroll at this point.

no..... part of me has given up but then i see stuff like they don't have their deadline until 2-3 weeks before orientation but i still feel like this cycle is over.
Yeah I called to see if they had an actual CTE date and they just said 2-3 weeks which is so frustrating. If i don't hear by mid june I have to take my seat at the DO program in chicago. Which is fine, but I want an MD because I want ortho and I also don't want to move again. I did that last year and it sucks! Its so hard to plan because my husband needs a job too and we can't just tell them to wait because I "might" hear from another school

Yeah I called to see if they had an actual CTE date and they just said 2-3 weeks which is so frustrating. If i don't hear by mid june I have to take my seat at the DO program in chicago. Which is fine, but I want an MD because I want ortho and I also don't want to move again. I did that last year and it sucks! Its so hard to plan because my husband needs a job too and we can't just tell them to wait because I "might" hear from another school
yeah... best of luck

do you think that because they are asking for fafsa this late in the cycle they are expecting WL movement closer to the start of classes? When I interviewed, the class was already full and Dr. Jackson told us that we could find out at any point in the summer up until the day class starts. I just find it odd we weren't told to complete that sooner.

do you think that because they are asking for fafsa this late in the cycle they are expecting WL movement closer to the start of classes? When I interviewed, the class was already full and Dr. Jackson told us that we could find out at any point in the summer up until the day class starts. I just find it odd we weren't told to complete that sooner.
You would think so, but honestly I feel like nobody knows anything because AMCAS changed everything this year.

Reactions: 1 user
Not to be that person again but has anyone heard any movement? This is my driest thread, not sure how to feel about it!

Not to be that person again but has anyone heard any movement? This is my driest thread, not sure how to feel about it!

If there has been nobody’s posting here. I feel your pain. This program is my only shot at staying where I currently live and alleviating the stress of my husband finding a job since he’d be able to keep his. It’s so crazy to me that there hasn’t been any movement and I’m too afraid to call admissions and ask because I don’t want them to be annoyed at me and then cross me off the list. I know they probably wouldn’t do that but I don’t want to jeopardize my chances. I sent in an LOI with two extra LORs from KY educated doctors and still haven’t heard

I haven't heard of anything, unfortunately. :(

If we reapply, do we have to submit our previous letters of evaluation or just two new ones? On the website it says, "Applicants who have previously applied and supplied letters of evaluation must submit two new individual letters of evaluation with their revised and updated AMCAS application."

Anyone know?

oh wow. I didn't know that. Not sure how I am going to get those.