2018-2019 University of Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
how do you know you are scored? What does it say on your updated screen?
I'm not even complete yet so I can't tell you exactly what it says, but I think someone else said it's just a status update that says you have been scored, but doesn't tell you your score

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
how do you know you are scored? What does it say on your updated screen?

I submitted July 11th and have this written on my application screen:

Your Application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Applicants will be invited to interview based upon their evaluation score from the Admissions Committee review. You will be contacted by email if you are selected for an interview. Interview invitations are extended between August and March.

Never got an e-mail for application update, just checked a few weeks back and the text appeared.

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted July 11th and have this written on my application screen:

Your Application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Applicants will be invited to interview based upon their evaluation score from the Admissions Committee review. You will be contacted by email if you are selected for an interview. Interview invitations are extended between August and March.

Never got an e-mail for application update, just checked a few weeks back and the text appeared.
I submitted on the 12th of July. Still under review :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else finding it hard to navigate their website to answer "Why miller"

It seems like it's hard to find specifics.

Brah u seem chill af. If we somehow go to the same school, def gotta kick it. also league

Doubt I'll get in, I'm below their median gpa/mcat. Plot twist: I hate tsm.
Just started playing league again after finishing majority of my secondaries, hard stuck in plat 4

So I just submitted my secondary today and it was only after looking at this thread that I realized that for the chronological list sections we were suppose to include a short description (I just listed the experience, where it was done, and the dates as I did not read the pdf thoroughly).

I'm pretty frustrated about this because I specifically called and asked if they wanted that and the lady I talked to just kept responding shortly "Just do what the application says to do". Well given the actual secondary application just says to list thats what I did, but going back through the pdf after I submitted I see that it says to also include a short description.

Do y'all think it would be worth emailing them about this and potentially sending an update with those descriptions and maybe including my interaction/misunderstanding with the person on the phone or do you think it will be fine? I put alot of effort into the other portions of the application where I filled out all of the optional essays pretty thoroughly.

I'm just disappointed after all the time I put into this application I missed a small detail like that....

I wouldn’t worry too much about it. When I did the app I also didn’t put a short description because the instructions are confusing AF.

But if you’ve got the time just shoot them an email with the list + descriptions. It can’t hurt.

Remember they’re not looking to accept/reject people based on if they missed a small detail in the app. They’re looking for people who fit at Miller, based on essays, experiences, background, and (to a degree) stats.

Does anyone know how bad it is if we go over 500 words? I noticed that there is no cap on words even though it says 500 or less. For example, for question 2 I have about 750 words but I feel as though this may count against me for "not following directions"

Last edited:
Does anyone know how bad it is if we go over 500 words? I noticed that there is no cap on words even though it says 500 or less. For example, for question 2 I have about 750 words but I feel as though this may count against me for "not following directions"
For the sake of following instructions I wouldn’t go over. You could probably trim it down to 500

Finally submitted today! Is there anyone on this forum who submitted their secondaries but are still waiting for their Casper Scores to be sent to UM? Also, does anyone know if there is a way to check and see if UM has received our Casper Scores via UM's secondary application?

I submitted my secondary on July 12th. CASPer sent to other schools (and presumably Miami) about two weeks ago. Still not reviewed. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad :)
Surely, a LOT of secondaries at UM are being held up by CASPER because they added it so late. Also, is UM anywhere nearly as intense as like Tulane when it comes to applying early? Like are UMs interview slots basically gone by the time interview season starts?

Surely, a LOT of secondaries at UM are being held up by CASPER because they added it so late. Also, is UM anywhere nearly as intense as like Tulane when it comes to applying early? Like are UMs interview slots basically gone by the time interview season starts?
lol nope. UM's cycle goes later than Tulane's. Most schools' cycles do, actually. My entire application was complete 7/18 and I'm unscored. I wouldn't worry about it.

How long do they take to review before they send out II?

bruh can a dude get a secondary. I pre-wrote this secondary months ago..... :wtf:+pissed+

Reactions: 7 users
nah I didn't get one either and my stats are a bit of above their average
Ahh, got it. I think I misread/misunderstood that blurb about it on their website.

Edit: I wonder how they screen for secondaries, then? I got verified over the weekend and got their secondary yesterday, but it can’t purely be an automated stats screen or else you would have gotten it, too. And I doubt they went through primary that quickly. Weird

Last edited:
Just saw a change to app is complete and currently being reviewed by the admissions Committee in a different font on my application portal

Last edited:
Anyone know when they start Interview invites I’m scored already not sure if that’s good or bad

Anyone know when they start Interview invites I’m scored already not sure if that’s good or bad
Same. I think it is a neutral or even slightly positive thing, because many people last cycle weren't even scored. Based on the status update in the portal, interviews should start going out this month.

Is it bad that I still haven’t submitted my secondary here? I’ve been putting it off for a month lol but I’m almost done

Lol RIP. Today marks one month since I completed my secondary and I'm still not scored. I guess it's time to not expect anything more at this point.

Lol RIP. Today marks one month since I completed my secondary and I'm still not scored. I guess it's time to not expect anything more at this point.
Lol I think today marks a month since I got my secondary. Looks like I won’t be reviewed until at least October at this rate even if I do submit it soon

Having seen past threads, there's no way to tell whether fast scoring means rejection or not. People with all kinds of LizzyM's and interview timings have gotten fast scoring.

Last edited:
I’ve been scored for a while, wondering what that means.... probably nothing lol. I have a ton of public health experience so I’m thinking my best chances are an MD-MPH interview. Fingers crossed!

Alright, looks like there are three possible statuses. Based on past threads, I think they are in order:
1. "Under review"
2. "Being reviewed"
3. "Has been reviewed"

Alright, looks like there are three possible statuses. Based on past threads, I think they are in order:
1. "Under review"
2. "Being reviewed"
3. "Has been reviewed"
What's the difference between under review and being reviewed?

What's the difference between under review and being reviewed?

Just by the language, there is none, but I got my being reviewed status after the under review one. The wording is in fact distinct for each status

This may have been asked already, but did everyone fill out the chronological list prompts with only the title, a brief description, and the dates? Or do we need to go into detail about each and every one bc if so, I'm gonna lose it and just copy and paste the url to my primary app.

This may have been asked already, but did everyone fill out the chronological list prompts with only the title, a brief description, and the dates? Or do we need to go into detail about each and every one bc if so, I'm gonna lose it and just copy and paste the url to my primary app.
The first one. No expansion is neceasary

I did a mix and wrote a couple of sentences for each thing with title/what i did/learned and just put years for the dates

Finally submitted this secondary! It only took me 32 days. I feel so accomplished in life right now

Reactions: 4 users
Finally submitted this secondary! It only took me 32 days. I feel so accomplished in life right now
Congrats!! That's about as long as it took me. MPH questions didn't help matters lol

Hi all - just a reminder to feel free to PM me or tag on here if anyone has questions about student life at Miller.

I’ve been a little absent because I was studying for Step 1 (just got scores back - UM prepared me well BTW) & then doing a particularly tough rotation.

But starting next Monday I’ll be doing an easy block for a month, so will have plenty of time to answer questions.

Last edited:
What is the difference between being scored and getting an interview? Is there a delay between the two?