2018-2019 University of Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What does it look like/say when you get scored? Right now mine just says my application is currently under review.

Members don't see this ad.

What does it look like/say when you get scored? Right now mine just says my application is currently under review.
Same. From what I gather, it goes currently under review -> currently being reviewed -> has been reviewed. I'm complete since sometime in July 31 and I'm still "under review". ugh!

Same. From what I gather, it goes currently under review -> currently being reviewed -> has been reviewed. I'm complete since sometime in July 31 and I'm still "under review". ugh!
Same - complete since July 28th

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when II’s should start going out?

Any day now. I received my II here in late August.

I am an M1 here. If anyone has any questions about Miller you can throw them my way and I can try to give you an answer. Obviously, I have not experienced too much quite yet and anatomy has been pretty grueling, so my disposable time is very limited.

But I know how stressful this process is so my best advice is to stay positive and really enjoy the time you have now. I know it sounds cliche and I somewhat doubted it when I was applying, but after my first week of anatomy I finally understand what everyone meant! ;)

Good luck everyone!

I am an M1 here. If anyone has any questions about Miller you can throw them my way and I can try to give you an answer. Obviously, I have not experienced too much quite yet and anatomy has been pretty grueling, so my disposable time is very limited.

But I know how stressful this process is so my best advice is to stay positive and really enjoy the time you have now. I know it sounds cliche and I somewhat doubted it when I was applying, but after my first week of anatomy I finally understand what everyone meant! ;)

Good luck everyone!
I've been under review for well over a month at this point. Judging from your experience, should I expect a score at all this cycle?

I've been under review for well over a month at this point. Judging from your experience, should I expect a score at all this cycle?

No one can answer that question.

I was reviewed somewhat quickly and got my II shortly after that. It is so early right now - hang in there!

On another note, I would not read too much into your status here. I've def. heard of many inconsistencies.

Reactions: 1 user
Went to check on the status of my application and realized that the secondary responses were duplicated. Is anyone else having this problem?

Went to check on the status of my application and realized that the secondary responses were duplicated. Is anyone else having this problem?
yeah I noticed that too. I'm like 1000% sure it wasn't like that yesterday so I'm wondering if they're having technical difficulties today....

Good luck everyone!
How’s the location? Do you live near campus?

How’s the location? Do you live near campus?

While some students live right near campus, I'd say most people live a short commute away in order to be in a better area/have more things to do. The medical campus itself is nice but some of the surrounding areas can be a bit sketch and there isn't much to do nearby. Probably a majority of the first year class lives in Brickell (fancy highrise apartment land, but lots to do and easy to be social), which is about 20-30 minutes away by metrorail. It seems like a few first years and a decent number of upperclassmen live in South Beach (must have a car, not sure how long the commute is but I think ~30 minutes?), and then are people scattered around in various other places.

Probably a majority of the first year class lives in Brickell (fancy highrise apartment land, but lots to do and easy to be social), which is about 20-30 minutes away by metrorail.

20-30 minutes *door-to-door*.

I feel like that’s important to clarify. The train ride is super short from brickell (4 stops, 7 minutes)

Anyway, they’re building some nicer new building in the medical campus/Jackson hospital area, but it would be a pure functionality play to live in that area. Some commute is the norm; my commute is 40 minutes door-to-door and I don’t think it’s that bad because I can do some quick reading or Anki on the train. (Also, I love where I live).

Reactions: 2 users
20-30 minutes *door-to-door*.

I feel like that’s important to clarify. The train ride is super short from brickell (4 stops, 7 minutes)

Anyway, they’re building some nicer new building in the medical campus/Jackson hospital area, but it would be a pure functionality play to live in that area. Some commute is the norm; my commute is 40 minutes door-to-door and I don’t think it’s that bad because I can do some quick reading or Anki on the train. (Also, I love where I live).

Yeah sorry that's a good clarification! I think my commute is something like 5 minute walk to metro stop, a few minutes of waiting for a train (usually 5-10, though sometimes things get wacky), ~7 minute ride, and then a 5-15 minute walk from the metro depending on where on campus I'm going. So I could make it from door to door under 20 minutes, or it can take around half an hour if there's a long wait for a train. Either way, it's a very easy commute, not unpleasant at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah sorry that's a good clarification! I think my commute is something like 5 minute walk to metro stop, a few minutes of waiting for a train (usually 5-10, though sometimes things get wacky), ~7 minute ride, and then a 5-15 minute walk from the metro depending on where on campus I'm going. So I could make it from door to door under 20 minutes, or it can take around half an hour if there's a long wait for a train. Either way, it's a very easy commute, not unpleasant at all.

Yep you hit it spot on. It's typically less than 20-30min for me. Mon-Fri during the day there seems to be a train every 5-6min and they typically are on time. There is also an app where you can track all the trains. I am within a couple minute walk to the metro and my classes are 3-4min walk. If I time it right its about 15min.

You can also use the time to catch up on emails, study, or daydream.

Ubers can really be super cheap in Miami if you need to get around (although I'd recommend you have a car). A Uberpool express is like $4-5 to campus, which is always an option if the trains go haywire (although that has not happened to me yet *knock on wood*)

I’m guessing they don’t go in order but who knows?

Anyone complete on or after 8/1 been scored yet??

Wow. Here I am, completed early July, with nothing.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know the criteria in order to be scored?

Not everyone is scored. I'm not sure what that benchmark is but I'd assume that it would be a low score from the first 2 reviewers that leads you to not become scored by a third.

Not everyone is scored. I'm not sure what that benchmark is but I'd assume that it would be a low score from the first 2 reviewers that leads you to not become scored by a third.
Ouch. I guess I didn't put in enough activities to get enough points to be scored... Well, that's good to know.

Hey guys, if it offers any consolation, I noticed in last year's thread that someone commented on how their portal never said that they were scored but they still received an interview invite! (or they knew about it happening to someone else)

So there may be hope!

Did anyone get a confirmation email that they were complete?

I wouldn't think so since they haven't sent out an email about adding them on CA$Per yet. If they require CA$Per and we cant send them our scores, they have nothing to gauge our interview likeliness on right? Miami is really slacking...

I wouldn't think so since they haven't sent out an email about adding them on CA$Per yet. If they require CA$Per and we cant send them our scores, they have nothing to gauge our interview likeliness on right? Miami is really slacking...
The option to send CASPer results to UM has been available since early or mid July.

You can add them on CASPer though. I took the test July 25th and I was able to select Miami.

You can add them on CASPer though. I took the test July 25th and I was able to select Miami.
Oh wow, apparently I had already sent them my CA$Per scores. Thanks for reminding me to check though!

btw last year II went out first on august 17 so hopefully they will come soon! unsure why it is much later this year

Does this message mean I'm scored?

MD Program
Your applications and interview report will be reviewed a final time by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.

Decisions are usually made within 4-6 weeks of the interview. You will be notified by cell phone, e-mail and/or standard mail.

MD-MPH Program
Your Application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Applicants will be invited to interview based upon their evaluation score from the Admissions Committee review. You will be contacted by email if you are selected for an interview. Interview invitations are extended between August and March.

MD Program
Your applications and interview report will be reviewed a final time by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.

Decisions are usually made within 4-6 weeks of the interview. You will be notified by cell phone, e-mail and/or standard mail.

MD-MPH Program
Your Application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Applicants will be invited to interview based upon their evaluation score from the Admissions Committee review. You will be contacted by email if you are selected for an interview. Interview invitations are extended between August and March.

looks like an MD II to me lol

MD Program

MD-MPH Program
Do you mind if i Ask what your stats are?

MD Program

MD-MPH Program
I received the same status, called the admissions office and they said it was a glitch with the system. Hoping its a good sign though!

I received the same status, called the admissions office and they said it was a glitch with the system. Hoping its a good sign though!
Did you apply to both MD and MD/MPH as well?

Just got my secondary. I was complete in June 1

Is it bad that it actually gives me hope that *nobody* has received an interview invite yet? Maybe I won't be left in the dust!

It seems like I accidentally only applied MD-MPH when I meant to apply to also MD only (I only have the MD-MPH status). NOOOOOOOO