2021-2022 Miami

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed in October. Haven’t heard if I’m an alternate or not yet… which is weird because we should know by now. anyone in the same boat?
 
Interviewed in October. Haven’t heard if I’m an alternate or not yet… which is weird because we should know by now. anyone in the same boat?
If you have heard absolutely nothing, then YES reach out. Especially if you are interested at all. That is very strange.
 
If you have heard absolutely nothing, then YES reach out. Especially if you are interested at all. That is very strange.
When I called (in December) and asked they gave me a very generic “4-6 weeks is the earliest you will hear”. Emailed Agnes Murphy and one other directly in February - no response.
 
if I interviewed in late feb and didn’t hear back today should I send a letter of intent tomorrow/Friday or is that way too early lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ayo send a letter of intent on the double. Tell Weisman you'll sell your soul and you should be gucci
i already sent my loi :/

sucks because i thought i would be a great fit / dont think im a bad interviewer

perfect stats for their range, total local, mom even worked there! feeling pretty disappointed but i have to remember that I'm very fortunate that ive received multiple md admissions in a very competitive cycle.

not sure where i went wrong tbh. only thing i can think of is that my undergrad institution is not very competitive, and multiple talks with some UMiami adcoms suggest that they weigh undergrad institutions extremely heavy on their point system.

well if they dont end up accepting me ill just get a nobel prize after attending a rival school and make them jealous >😀
(joking)

congrats to everyone who got in today. yall are going to be rocking physicians and i hope i can one day call you my classmates, and if not that, maybe coworkers.
 
I emailed Dr Weisman, thinking that today was the last day that As and Rs were sent out. He clarified that today was the last committee meeting only, not the last day to be accepted. So for all those who didn't get the A today (me included) don't lose hope! There is still time on the clock. Rooting for y'all.
 
I emailed Dr Weisman, thinking that today was the last day that As and Rs were sent out. He clarified that today was the last committee meeting only, not the last day to be accepted. So for all those who didn't get the A today (me included) don't lose hope! There is still time on the clock. Rooting for y'all.
I wonder if that means that update letters/new pubs/achievements etc. won't affect ur spot on the alternate list?
 
I emailed Dr Weisman, thinking that today was the last day that As and Rs were sent out. He clarified that today was the last committee meeting only, not the last day to be accepted. So for all those who didn't get the A today (me included) don't lose hope! There is still time on the clock. Rooting for y'all.
That’s tough. Never even got scored, smh.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed in early March, my portal updated today with the following message:
“We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly. Contact the admissions office at 305-243-3234 or [email protected] if you do not receive a telephone call, an e-mail or a letter within seven days.”
I also interviewed in early March. Mine says the same. Have you heard anything?
 
Got accepted! but my portal hasn’t updated yet
Got accepted in October and my portal still hasn't updated... I don't think it's gonna happen lol

They'll send you an official acceptance email soon, and at some point you'll get another email with information about setting up your canelink account.
 
Does anyone know if there is a facebook group for the accepted students? Or is there a student at miami I could PM about te housing situation there?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there anyone out there who applied MD-MBA, got into the MBA program but hasn't heard from the MD office? I interviewed back in October and no update yet from the MD office. Wondering if acceptance to the MBA program means anything for the MD component, too.
 
Is there anyone out there who applied MD-MBA, got into the MBA program but hasn't heard from the MD office? I interviewed back in October and no update yet from the MD office. Wondering if acceptance to the MBA program means anything for the MD component, too.
Did you interview for the MD program in October? If not, the acceptance to the MBA program means absolutely nothing for MD. If you interviewed MD in October, you should probably reach out to them and see what's going on.

In general though, MBA admissions at a school like Miami are not competitive at all, so no, being accepted to the MBA program means nothing. If the MBA program was a viable back door into the med school, you can rest assured a ton of people would be doing it.