2018-2019 University of Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Would you happen to know when you were complete or scored?
Thanks! Complete 9/6 and sorry I don't remember/I never knew the date my status changed in the portal. I think I noticed I had been scored in like Nov/Dec.

Anyone have any info on second look day and/or an accepted student facebook group? I called admissions about second look and left a message but they haven't called me back
I was wondering the same -- did you ever hear back?

Reactions: 1 user
I've been scored since July.. starting to lose hope for a potential II :(

Members don't see this ad :)
You at least got scored in the first place...
I've seen people get scored lately and get an II right away. I am not sure if it is worse to get looked at/scored since months ago and never get a II!

I received an II Jan 29 and scheduled it for Feb 8! They had 6 dates in February and 7 dates in March through 3/25. Don't lose hope!

OOS, URM, Complete early August.

Reactions: 1 users
Is there a pre-interview dinner or anything the night before?

1. I was told second look is August 12.
2. I was unaware of any pre-interview dinner if there was one. But you should download the app The Hub.

Edited to say: Sorry, I meant April 12.

Last edited:
1. I was told second look is August 12.
2. I was unaware of any pre-interview dinner if there was one. But you should download the app The Hub.
Thanks for the info! Also, was there a place to store luggage in the admissions office or something?

Accepted to the MD/MPH on Wednesday 1/30, interviewed 1/6 and 1/7.

cGPA: 3.35, sGPA: 3.25, MCAT: 511

Miracles do happen!

Lots of life experience serving underserved populations in health. Can’t wait to do it as a med student!

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
Accepted to the MD/MPH on Wednesday 1/30, interviewed 1/6 and 1/7.

cGPA: 3.35, sGPA: 3.25, MCAT: 511

Miracles do happen!

Lots of life experience serving underserved populations in health. Can’t wait to do it as a med student!

Congratulations!!!

I know this has probably been asked, but I don’t feel like searching so many pages... is there an accepted student FB page?

I've never called an admissions office but i am physically itching to know if I have any chance. I haven't been scored yet and Miami is my top :( If anyone has any advice on calling offices in general it would be greatly appreciated.. I'm not even sure what I'd say, I feel like I'd just start crying and yelling "LOVE MEEE"

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone know which apartment buildings in Brickell first years typically live? Trying to get a head start since June (when MD/MPH starts) is just around the corner!

Anyone know which apartment buildings in Brickell first years typically live? Trying to get a head start since June (when MD/MPH starts) is just around the corner!

I’m not a student at Miller but I’m know a decent amount of students and some of them live in Brickell Heights, Solitair Brickell and Camden Brickell

Quick question, is there a waitlist? I saw someone posted a message a few weeks back saying they sent an email asking to stay on the waitlist but I thought that everyone is kind of on a list and they just draw the top 20 applicants every two weeks

Quick question, is there a waitlist? I saw someone posted a message a few weeks back saying they sent an email asking to stay on the waitlist but I thought that everyone is kind of on a list and they just draw the top 20 applicants every two weeks

There is only one list, so if you weren’t in that top 20 on a particular decision day, then you remain on the list until next decision day.

There is only one list, so if you weren’t in that top 20 on a particular decision day, then you remain on the list until next decision day.

Do you know if they accept updates or new letters of rec after your final review once youre on the list?

So is there an official waitlist at the end of the cycle? Bc MSAR says around 30-40 students are waitlisted and 30 are accepted from the WL...I know a lot of people get in after their initial acceptance day so I'm not giving up hope just a little bummed. Would really like to be here next year

So is there an official waitlist at the end of the cycle? Bc MSAR says around 30-40 students are waitlisted and 30 are accepted from the WL...I know a lot of people get in after their initial acceptance day so I'm not giving up hope just a little bummed. Would really like to be here next year
Don't mind the MSAR data on the UM waitlist, it is patently false. Like @MaybeSoon said, there is only one list, call it whatever you want. After the last decision date, the committee continues to meet regularly (every other Wednesday or less frequently) to evaluate the remaining candidates on the list. Most movement generally occurs after traffic day, but unfortunately, there was very minimal movement after traffic day last year so it is pretty unpredictable.

Don't mind the MSAR data on the UM waitlist, it is patently false. Like @MaybeSoon said, there is only one list, call it whatever you want. After the last decision date, the committee continues to meet regularly (every other Wednesday or less frequently) to evaluate the remaining candidates on the list. Most movement generally occurs after traffic day, but unfortunately, there was very minimal movement after traffic day last year so it is pretty unpredictable.
Traffic day? And to be clear, you're saying that after the last listed acceptance date (3/27) they meet randomly to continue to accept people off the waitlist as spots become available?

Hi all! For those who have been accepted, has anyone received the packet in the mail? If yes, how long did it take to arrive?

Also, is second look day definitely April 12th? Is family invited?

Hi all! For those who have been accepted, has anyone received the packet in the mail? If yes, how long did it take to arrive?

Also, is second look day definitely April 12th? Is family invited?
I never received a packet in the mail. It was simply a letter notifying me of the acceptance. I have not been told anything regarding a second look date but I was recently contacted with the login for CaneLink.

Reactions: 1 users
I never received a packet in the mail. It was simply a letter notifying me of the acceptance. I have not been told anything regarding a second look date but I was recently contacted with the login for CaneLink.

Dumb question but what is CaneLink used for again?

Also has anyone joined the accepted Facebook group yet?

Has anyone else here been invited to apply for the Betty Siegel Scholarship? I submitted my application last week, but there wasn't much I could find online about how competitive it was.

I haven’t heard about any scholarships other than that initial application.

I feel like Miami has been pretty quiet compared to other programs post-acceptance

Are there applications to fill out for scholarships, or are we automatically considered?

Have accepted students officially accepted the spot in CaneLink? I saw there is an option to do so but haven't seen anyone post about it/making a deposit. I saw on Miller's website that the deposit isn't due until May 15, but I didn't know if not paying it delayed anything, such as financial aid. Thanks!

Have accepted students officially accepted the spot in CaneLink? I saw there is an option to do so but haven't seen anyone post about it/making a deposit. I saw on Miller's website that the deposit isn't due until May 15, but I didn't know if not paying it delayed anything, such as financial aid. Thanks!

I did it yesterday, accepted and paid my deposit.

Are there applications to fill out for scholarships, or are we automatically considered?

There was a link to a scholarship application in the acceptance email, I believe. Beyond that, I don’t know if any of other scholarship applications. If anyone has any insight, that would be helpful.

There was a link to a scholarship application in the acceptance email, I believe. Beyond that, I don’t know if any of other scholarship applications. If anyone has any insight, that would be helpful.

I received an email about 2 weeks ago saying that I was eligible for the Betty Siegel Scholarship. Was only given about 10 days to apply and it asked for additional letters of rec and a personal essay. There wasn't much I could find about it, although I believe that it may be specifically for FL/South FL residents who demonstrate high financial need.