2018-2019 University of Missouri - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II! !! 'm IS complete 7/16 and when they offered me dates it was Oct 1st, 2nd, or 3rd (they said they start interviewing with Oct 1st)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
II yesterday on the phone! IS, scheduled for 10/10. Excited to meet some fellow Missourians here in a few weeks!

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected pre-secondary. OOS, 507 mcat, 3.8 cgpa, strong ECs. First rejection of the cycle. Good luck to everyone else!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it true that urm have a good shot here ? I received a recruitment email from inclusion department...

Well recruitment sent me a email telling me to apply and my Mcat is sub 500. I’m OOS so I wonder if it’s worth the he shot
If you’ve got the money, go for it. If this school is like many other public schools then oos people have to have higher stats to compete for the limited number of spots

If you’ve got the money, go for it. If this school is like many other public schools then oos people have to have higher stats to compete for the limited number of spots
Well I did get a recruitment letter from the inclusion office and I know they are hungry for urm, so I guess I have a decent shot

Reactions: 1 user
What is the phone number they call from? I don't want to miss it in case I get a call!

Well I did get a recruitment letter from the inclusion office and I know they are hungry for urm, so I guess I have a decent shot
Missouri as a state is relatively lacking in racial diversity so I would not be surprised if they they have to recruit URMs from OOS pretty heavily. Definitely go for it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Longtime lurker and re-applicant here! Went to Mizzou for undergrad and have been dreaming of attending medical school here for forever! Was WL last cycle so hoping this is my year :happy:

Okay so I was wondering about odds for OOS applicants. The MSAR says they interviewed 74 last year and 24 matriculated. If you're thinking about how many get acceptance offers and go somewhere else, about how many of the interviewed do you think are accepted?

My file was complete on 8/27 as an instate applicant. Anybody in the same boat and hear anything back yet?

Or you might get an II! Don’t lose your optimism just yet!
Ahaha thank you, I'll try to think optimistically!
lol the sad thing is I'm still waiting for secondary. it's primary > OOS form > Secondary > II
:oops:
I'm stuck at OOS form

Can anyone speak to what the interview day is like? Any tips on how to prepare?

My file was complete on 8/27 as an instate applicant. Anybody in the same boat and hear anything back yet?
I was complete 8/30 and IS and haven't heard anything yet either ! I would give them lots of time. A lot of people I know that were complete before us ended up not interviewing until February last year :)

For those that sent a check to pay for the secondary fee, does anyone remember how long it took for them to deposit it? I know they received it because I got the complete email, but my bank account doesn't show the money being removed from my account.

Anyone know if this school is friendly to ITA e-mails? Flying to Missouri in November for another interview and twas $$$ so it'd be cool if I could combine these (assuming Mizzou even cares about me lol).

Anyone know if this school is friendly to ITA e-mails? Flying to Missouri in November for another interview and twas $$$ so it'd be cool if I could combine these (assuming Mizzou even cares about me lol).
Yes they are! Definitely ask

Can anyone speak to what the interview day is like? Any tips on how to prepare?

It's laid back. You'll interview in either the morning or afternoon. You'll eat lunch with current students and them tour the school. Then you are done (if you interviewed in morning).

Interviews are in general laid back. Some may play "bad cop" but the thing to remember is the interviewers are going to be your advocates during the full admissions board. If they are being hard it's because they know the board is going to be hard and want to be able to defend you. Keep that in mind and it will help. If you made it to the interview stage they already think you have what it takes. You just gotta put any potential doubts to rest.

Shouldn't be a problem. I rescheduled my interview by a couple weeks. Shouldn't be a big stretch to do till November. Just gotta call and ask.

Does anyone know when the first round of acceptances/updates will be sent out?

Thanks

Has anyone gotten an II from here recently?

Does anyone know when the first round of acceptances/updates will be sent out?

Thanks

I just read last year's thread and it looks like they notify on the last Friday of the month. Not sure if it's the same this year.

I submitted my secondary here 9/8 but didn't get the "file complete" email until 10/1. Does anyone have any insight into which one I should base my timeline off of for when to hope for an II?

I submitted my secondary here 9/8 but didn't get the "file complete" email until 10/1. Does anyone have any insight into which one I should base my timeline off of for when to hope for an II?
Honestly neither. There's not really a time line because reviewing is not chronological. It's a complex process of stratification, review, and re-review. All you can do is wait and try to be patient

I would say the file complete one. This school is super slow though so it likely doesn’t matter either way. It took a couple months for me to get an II after submitting

Same.. I guess I need to be ready to wait a very long time based on last year's thread!

Same.. I guess I need to be ready to wait a very long time based on last year's thread!
Yup, it is a waiting game. A lot of my class came off of the waitlist, myself included.

Got the ol' "Sorry to inform you..." email today. Here's to applying here in 4 years for possible residency. Good luck to you all!

Got the ol' "Sorry to inform you..." email today. Here's to applying here in 4 years for possible residency. Good luck to you all!
Wait really! But didn’t you interview last cycle? Or is this post II?

Wait really! But didn’t you interview last cycle? Or is this post II?
Interviewed last year that went really well-added more than 3500 hours of clinicals since then. Denied pre-interview this year. MU has their priorities, I won't get beat up about it.