2019-2020 Missouri - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Those of y’all who have already interviewed or know a lot about the school:

Are there any programs/aspects of the school that you really liked or impressed you?

Are there any things which you didn’t like or thought needed improvement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For me, as an MD/PhD applicant, my major selling point (aside from STEP & PBL) is the focus on collaboration among departments. The research I aim to work on relies on a combination of several medical and non-medical specialties. Since departments are well-organized, with only a few professors specializing in their niche fields, I felt that collaboration across departments was a huge plus.

I wouldn't worry about no dedicated study time for STEP, it obviously works extremely well for their students without the dedicated time. Also, at my interview, I was told that they can get 1-2 months before STEP off now, as requested by previous classes, so this might be more appealing for some...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Also, at my interview, I was told that they can get 1-2 months before STEP off now, as requested by previous classes, so this might be more appealing for some...

One of the admissions people at my interview said something similar. This school is growing on me the more I think about it.

Reactions: 1 users
Good to hear lots of active members on this sdn is getting more and more interview invites! Hope to see yall as M1 :)

Members don't see this ad :)
For those with acceptances, have any of you received info on applying for scholarships yet?

For those with acceptances, have any of you received info on applying for scholarships yet?
I haven’t yet but I think they said they send out the information early April.

Reactions: 1 user
Me interviewing at Mizzou in September vs me 120 days and 3 “status unchanged” emails later

COME ON THURSDAY we got this.

Attachments

• 97F1BB3E-8EE0-40D7-8C67-616DC3C394E1.jpeg
    97F1BB3E-8EE0-40D7-8C67-616DC3C394E1.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Me interviewing at Mizzou in September vs me 120 days and 3 “status unchanged” emails later

This is literally me... :mad: I would have rather interviewed later than have to endure 3 status unchanged emails since October. :bang:

• Haha
This is literally me... :mad: I would have rather interviewed later than have to endure 3 status unchanged emails since October. :bang:

Lmao be careful what you wish for lol I was so anxious for this interview invite

Lmao be careful what you wish for lol I was so anxious for this interview invite

I genuinely think you are at an advantage. I interviewed day 1 of regular interviews. I thought my interview went phenomenal, but now, 7 interviews (2 September rejections, 3 October waitlists, and 2 winter acceptances) later, I know that my interviewing skills improved significantly as the cycle progressed. I wish so badly that I could have had Mizzou be a later interview. In my opinion, due to the structure of the application cycle, early interviews do not help you at Mizzou, they hurt you. Must have been torture waiting all this time though, I feel for ya!

Reactions: 3 users
I genuinely think you are at an advantage. I interviewed day 1 of regular interviews. I thought my interview went phenomenal, but now, 7 interviews (2 September rejections, 3 October waitlists, and 2 winter acceptances) later, I know that my interviewing skills improved significantly as the cycle progressed. I wish so badly that I could have had Mizzou be a later interview. In my opinion, due to the structure of the application cycle, early interviews do not help you at Mizzou, they hurt you. Must have been torture waiting all this time though, I feel for ya!
Same I thought it went really well but having it at a later date could’ve made a difference, especially when you have to do two 1 hour interviews.

I feel you guys @Chiefhamdan @dr_of_rock. While I interviewed later than y'all, it was one of the craziest weeks I had to put up with. It started with me driving in horrible wintry weather to take an exam which I did not do so hot on, and then interviewed at Mizzou where I felt I was stress-tested, and gave some really bad answers. Then I got that status unchanged email. And I got a post-II rejection from another school the next day. It was an eye-opener to me because I realized how ill-timed those dominoes fell. I wished I sucked it up and rescheduled it to January, but I can't complain much since I'm not an early interviewer.

Regardless, @lsc1998 I wish you the best and check out what we wrote about our interview experiences. I concur waiting for an II is also stressful (no offense to those who interviewed and awaiting a decision).

Yeah maybe later in the cycle does help. It is hard to know, and I kind of wish that Miz told us where on the pre-waitlist list we fall, but that might make some more neurotic. Regardless, hopefully we all get in

I feel you guys @Chiefhamdan @dr_of_rock. While I interviewed later than y'all, it was one of the craziest weeks I had to put up with. It started with me driving in horrible wintry weather to take an exam which I did not do so hot on, and then interviewed at Mizzou where I felt I was stress-tested, and gave some really bad answers. Then I got that status unchanged email. And I got a post-II rejection from another school the next day. It was an eye-opener to me because I realized how ill-timed those dominoes fell. I wished I sucked it up and rescheduled it to January, but I can't complain much since I'm not an early interviewer.

Regardless, @lsc1998 I wish you the best and check out what we wrote about our interview experiences. I concur waiting for an II is also stressful (no offense to those who interviewed and awaiting a decision).

Thanks @samurai12, I actually already interviewed last week. You're week does sound quite stressful, but don't worry. I think with interviews adcoms have to realize that interviewing for medical school is stressful, and that we may not have a perfect answer for every single question.

Do you know how many people they accept per month?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad :)
lmao so how many application updates do we have before the mass acceptances come out?

I'm assuming two??

lmao so how many application updates do we have before the mass acceptances come out?

I'm assuming two??

I think mass accept will be at the end of feb. so the one tomorrow should be the last

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What time do the status emails normally come through?

Mine have come between 11:30 and 1:45, I’m expecting it around 1:00. (The 11:30 one was the atypical December one.)

If you get an acceptance they call instead of email you

I think it's usually in the morning before the emails go out but I wouldn't know for sure.:rofl:
That makes sense. But now I have to feel my heart sink with every passing minute tomorrow morning haha
(I really am remaining positive about Mizzou! It's just fun to vent the neuroticism with those who understand :p)

Good luck today everyone! Fingers crossed! :)

SUPER NEUROTIC RIGHT NOW AT WORK

Reactions: 4 users
Sorry I'm new to this process, I interviewed December, currently on the unchanged list.
Do some applicants get rejected in these "end of the month updates"? Or is it all "unchanged" or "accepted!"?
I've read everyone's post and I'm hella nervous now haha

Sorry I'm new to this process, I interviewed December, currently on the unchanged list.
Do some applicants get rejected in these "end of the month updates"? Or is it all "unchanged" or "accepted!"?
I've read everyone's post and I'm hella nervous now haha
I don’t think they have done any post interview Rs yet.

Man if I’ve been getting status unchanged emails all the way to the end of Feb just to get rejected that’s gonna hurt lol. I’d rather have them cut me loose right away rather than string me along.

Accepted today around 10 am CST! OOS. LM 70. Interviewed 1/22.

Reactions: 8 users
Also interviewed 1/22 accepted lm 69

Reactions: 7 users
I have given up at this point and waiting for mass acceptances at the end of Feb :p:p:p:p

I wish they would send out post-II R's. I want to at least know where I'm moving in a couple of months.

I have given up at this point and waiting for mass acceptances at the end of Feb :p:p:p:p
“Mass” is an interesting term. Correct me if I’m wrong but the class size is like 128. Subtract ~18 Bryant scholars and ~10 early admit plus the ~40 students or more that have already been accepted there are less than 60 seats left.

“Mass” is an interesting term. Correct me if I’m wrong but the class size is like 128. Subtract ~18 Bryant scholars and ~10 early admit plus the ~40 students or more that have already been accepted there are less than 60 seats left.
you are just a ray of sunshine

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Let's say "relatively" then :)

ACCEPTED!! IS, interviewed 10/21

Have the status unchanged emails for today been sent already?

Also you need to take in to account that about half of the people who are already accepted have multiple acceptances and could go somewhere elsewhere. I know a current M2 who said that when he joined the Facebook group there where 25 people in it, and only half ended up going to Mizzou. Last year the accepted like 160 people for their class, which was 16 people smaller than our class because not everyone they accepted ending up attending. This is a frustrating process but there is still good reason to be positive.

Just got status unchanged email

Status unchanged boat! 4 for 4 baby.

Unchanged LMAO not even disappointed or depressed at this point. Let's stay strong yall! We got thizz

Reactions: 3 users