2018-2019 University of North Texas Health Science Center (UNTHSC)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything about the woods of rigmar apartments? only like 9 minutes from campus and reasonably priced which is cool.

Members don't see this ad :)
I contacted admissions. They don’t expect anymore big changes to the class. I guess WL movement has wrapped up this cycle
Oh man that’s a bummer
“Big changes” - does that mean there may still be a handful of waitlist offers here and there?

I contacted admissions. They don’t expect anymore big changes to the class. I guess WL movement has wrapped up this cycle

I don’t see how they can say that unless they communicate with all the TMDSAS schools and know that waitlist movement with all schools is mostly over. Not to mention there are students that may hold admissions offers/waitlist spots with schools through AMCAS, AACOMAS, etc. So maybe they are just instructed to tell people that so that they do not give them a false sense of hope? I feel like no one really knows for sure. Trying to stay hopeful!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Oh man that’s a bummer
“Big changes” - does that mean there may still be a handful of waitlist offers here and there?

I hope I’m wrong and there’s another wave coming. Or maybe it’s been quiet because WL offers have been going to non-SDNers? Staying hopeful!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew my admissions this week. Hope one of you get the email soon!

Reactions: 5 users
My fiancé was accepted in Galveston and so I’m still holding out for that one. I know my chances are slim but can I accept TCOM and still be able to be accepted by Galveston and then withdraw from TCOM? Or is my acceptance to TCOM binding?

Last edited:
My fiancé was accepted in Galveston and so I’m still holding out for that one. I know my chances are slim but can I accept TCOM and still be able to be accepted by Galveston and then withdraw from TCOM? Or is my acceptance to TCOM binding?
I would recommend you accept TCOM. It is very close to the end of the cycle and your chances to get off 2 WL are low. Once you have accepted TCOM you won't be offered another Texas spot since it is past May 15th.

If TCOM gave you a date by which you must accept, you can wait the few days between now and then to accept.
Before that deadline date you can call UTMB to ask if it is likely you will be taken from the WL as you have a deadline on another offer and your fiancé is accepted at UTMB.

You don't want to turn down TCOM and go through another application cycle!

Does anyone happen to know how likely WL movement is at this point in the cycle? Not sure how much longer I should wait before signing a lease elsewhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone happen to know how likely WL movement is at this point in the cycle? Not sure how much longer I should wait before signing a lease elsewhere.
We just saw a TCOM offer Monday and haven't seen much from a couple of other TX schools that still might have offers. Would your current lease let you extend month-to-month for a couple of months while you wait to hear?

Accepted off of the waitlist today!

Reactions: 6 users
Just withdrew my acceptance last night! I hope the spot goes to one of you :)

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know if the medical history and physical exam is still a requirement?

Reactions: 1 user
Just received an acceptance letter from the waitlist!!

Reactions: 9 users
For those still on the waitlist, have you all submitted a new app for EY20?

It's not submitted because I haven't finalized my essays yet, but I'm working on it.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when the last day is to be accepted of the WL?
I believe that my year there was a person accepted off the waitlist a couple days before orientation started.

Reactions: 2 users