2018-2019 University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an II for MSTP, however I will have to reschedule my interview date due to unforeseen circumstances that I cannot work around. Will this be an issue since UPenn organizes interview sessions based on the graduate studies you have indicated? My past research is also relevant to other graduate studies besides the one I indicated, and I have multiple interests for pursuing my PhD.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Got the II as well! Definitely the longest wait out of any school. Complete 7/8
Dude I want to see you go 11 for 11 haha. Balsy to apply to only 11 schools but it seems to be paying off!

Reactions: 2 users
anyone who interviewed already - what was your experience? I'm interviewing next week and can't wait! But also don't know what to expect since it's such a prestigious school. thank you so much for any advice!!

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone who interviewed already - what was your experience? I'm interviewing next week and can't wait! But also don't know what to expect since it's such a prestigious school. thank you so much for any advice!!

PM me!!

Dude I want to see you go 11 for 11 haha. Balsy to apply to only 11 schools but it seems to be paying off!
Thank you! That would be the dream lol . Just waiting on my last Cali school

Does Penn do rejections or just the cold hard silent treatment?

MD II today! LM ~82 ORM. complete 7/24, I thought they'd passed over July people but it seems there's still hope

Reactions: 11 users
Congrats! what are the earliest dates available?

For me the options were a few days in late November. There were no choices after that in my portal so I think they either gave me a specific window or they haven't opened up later dates yet

II this morning! I'm really surprised, I had no expectation of getting one here - feeling very blessed.

LM~75, nontraditional, veteran.

Like Pickles13, I also only had two choices in November for dates.

Reactions: 8 users
Thank you! That would be the dream lol . Just waiting on my last Cali school
100% rooting for you for that 11 of 11. Like Tyra Banks rooting for you! You got this!

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
100% rooting for you for that 11 of 11. Like Tyra Banks rooting for you! You got this!

Thank you!! Congrats on your success this application cycle btw. You're killing it

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you!! Congrats on your success this application cycle btw. You're killing it
Thanks. It's been most surreal few months of my life.

For those of you who had your interviews, do you know if interviewees have to go to the pre-interview connections the day before the interview? Also, what did you do during that time?

For those of you who had your interviews, do you know if interviewees have to go to the pre-interview connections the day before the interview? Also, what did you do during that time?
You don’t. Flirt with current students - but it has 0 impact on admissions. It’s supposed to be meant for people who feel very nervous about the interview to feel more relaxed

You don’t. Flirt with current students - but it has 0 impact on admissions. It’s supposed to be meant for people who feel very nervous about the interview to feel more relaxed
Okay, awesome! Did they tell you that it has 0 impact on admissions? Most of the other schools say that they are optional, but this email did not mention it at all.

Got an II this week!!!! So excited, I absolutely love this school. For those wondering, I was complete by the fourth of July so it's been 4 months :laugh:

Reactions: 9 users
Got an II this week!!!! So excited, I absolutely love this school. For those wondering, I was complete by the fourth of July so it's been 4 months :laugh:
did you send any updates? You're giving some hope to those of us complete those first few days they sent out the secondary

did you send any updates? You're giving some hope to those of us complete those first few days they sent out the secondary
I didn't send any updates at all, so I was definitely very surprised to hear back!

Is Perelman receptive to pre II updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

II today! Really didn’t think this one was gonna happen complete 7/09, OOS

Reactions: 11 users
Withdrawing my application - I hope one of you gets my interview slot. Best of luck!

Reactions: 10 users
Going to UMich? Congrats!
Yep, thanks! I did an interview at Pitt, so they're still in the running when I hear back in January. I have family there, so that's a big pull.

II just a bit ago! Complete 7/23

Reactions: 8 users
II about 30 minutes ago! Complete in mid-July, OOS. Dates available mostly in January, one in December, and one in November that filled up as I was looking at my calendar.

Reactions: 4 users
II about 30 minutes ago! Complete in mid-July, OOS. Dates available mostly in January, one in December, and one in November that filled up as I was looking at my calendar.
Damn yall with these July IIs are making me hopeful when I really shouldn't be

II as well! OOS, LM>80, Complete mid-late July.

Reactions: 3 users
For those of you who have Interviewed and requested a host - when did you get confirmation about the student hosting prior to the interview?

For those of you who have Interviewed and requested a host - when did you get confirmation about the student hosting prior to the interview?
It took them about a week t0 find me a host and this was 6 weeks before my interview date

Are they still sending out IIs at this point for people complete in August?

Are they still sending out IIs at this point for people complete in August?

Someone on November 16th posted that there was only 1 December date and 1 january date left? Or maybe that's all that was available to them. At this point they must be very close to finishing or maybe they'll have a few more to fill still and some empty spots to fill if anyone withdraws their interview.

Someone on November 16th posted that there was only 1 December date and 1 january date left? Or maybe that's all that was available to them. At this point they must be very close to finishing or maybe they'll have a few more to fill still and some empty spots to fill if anyone withdraws their interview.

thanks! that's a bit of a bummer - I was hoping for an excuse to visit Philly:p

II! So happy right now. Complete 9/10. There are four days available in early/Mid January.

Last edited:
II today! Complete late August. Options available to me were second and third week of Jan.