2019-2020 University of Pennsylvania

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
my last name starts with B if that is helpful
Congrats! Thank you haha that’s oddly comforting because you’re in the beginning of the alphabet. But maybe I’m just delaying the pain of realization

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Well rip me I guess
not necessarily. it sounds like interviewers are the ones making calls. you might have had a different interviewer. keep that hope alive <3

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it showing up on AMCAS choose your med school yet?

For people accepted is there any change on your portal? Sorry I am going crazy and still just hoping for the best

Reactions: 2 users
it's not on my portal and i got a call from my interviewer so it's probably not alphabet related!

At least for mstp I did not receive a call- email only, no portal update until tomorrow I'm told
they are callling this year!!! Just got a call from my interviewer!!!

Accepted here as well. Amazing news. Good luck to all those waiting!

Reactions: 8 users
Got a call from my interviewer 10 min ago!!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Is it the student or faculty interviewer making the call?

Shoot I missed two calls this morning while I was in a meeting and the phone number routes to the hospital desk...any ideas for what I should do?
Call admissions and tell them you got missed calls from Penn Med. And you want to find out if it actually came from admissions. This Happened to me in another school

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get a call from a psych interviewer

Anyone heard from RT?

Also according to Columbia they call all throughout the day so I guess we shouldn't give up hope yet

Anyone know if it’s like other schools where only some interviewers call and then emails go out? Or no call means WL/R?

what date did they say for second look?

Anyone know if it’s like other schools where only some interviewers call and then emails go out? Or no call means WL/R?
So who wants to call and ask :laugh:

For what it's worth - I counted 18 people reporting A's on last year's thread on the day decisions were released... Looks like 9? people have reported acceptances today so far. So if there's any consistency with the percentage of applicants reporting to SDN, that could mean there's still a decent amount of phone calls to be made!!! (yes, neuroticism is at an ATH)

what date did they say for second look?
My brain was abit scrambled during the call but I’m 90% sure I heard April 10th for MD
Edit: WRONG it’s actually 24th and 25th for MD.

Last edited:
So no one heard from a CK?

Just got the call maybe half an hour ago! They are still coming out!

Reactions: 1 users
I got a call from Dr. Vapiwala (based on a google search 267-614-7588), but I wasn't able to pick up since I was in class. In the case that it was an A and people want information regarding who you interviewed with, I interviewed with AB (faculty member).

FYI, some people might be getting later calls since they are calling relatively early and I have CA as my residence for AMCAS?

@redroof

Anyone else wearing their lucky swag hat today.

Also, I’ve given up rejections and waitlists for lent, so I hope they respect that.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
I’m in!!! RL was my interviewer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: 1 users