2019-2020 University of Pennsylvania

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lol

1 - Required to CTE on April 30th per AAMC guidelines.
2 - Penn waitlist acceptances will not happen until May.
3 - Penn will not accept anyone from waitlist who has CTE to another school.

If that doesn’t make ya feel a bit Yassarianesque nothing will.

You're required to PTE on April 30th. Penn's policy is consistent with every other school.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did everyone not accepted get WLed?

Reactions: 1 users
Just to be clear, for accepted students in the "Acceptance statement" tab, do we need to click "I accept these terms and conditions" at the bottom now? Or just by April 30th?

Just to be clear, for accepted students in the "Acceptance statement" tab, do we need to click "I accept these terms and conditions" at the bottom now? Or just by April 30th?

You have until April 30th as far as I’m aware but it’s not binding so you might as well do it now.

Reactions: 1 user
has anyone else still not had their portal updated?

A! Congrats to everyone who was accepted, what an honor.

Edit: does anyone know their timeline on announcing merit aid, eg the 21st century scholarships?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else having issues paying the deposit? I enter all the info and click "pay" but it just logs me out of the portal completely without processing.

Anyone else having issues paying the deposit? I enter all the info and click "pay" but it just logs me out of the portal completely without processing.

Yep, it actually charged my credit card yet still isn't showing "paid" in the portal.

Members don't see this ad :)
Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 4.35.52 PM.png

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Did everyone get WL’d? Meaning no Rs?

Accepted a few days ago! Too surreal !! :cryi:

I got my call yesterday (Tuesday) after I got the email to check the portal haha
Anyone know if there is an accepted students facebook group?

I got my call yesterday (Tuesday) after I got the email to check the portal haha
Anyone know if there is an accepted students facebook group?

There is! There's a link in the admissions decision tab on the portal.

I submitted the Acceptance Statement tab form and now it says "You have accepted your position in the 2020 entering class. "

Did I just commit or something? I read through it and it was not clear at all to me I was comitting

I submitted the Acceptance Statement tab form and now it says "You have accepted your position in the 2020 entering class. "

Did I just commit or something? I read through it and it was not clear at all to me I was comitting

You should be fine. I don’t think it registers as commit unless you hit commit to enroll on AMCAS, which doesn’t even become available until 4/30.

Is anyone having trouble paying the deposit? My credit card was charged yesterday but the portal still hasn’t updated.

Is anyone having trouble paying the deposit? My credit card was charged yesterday but the portal still hasn’t updated.

The Admissions Decision tab says **There is an issue paying the deposit fee. We are currently working to resolve this and will let you know as soon as it is fixed. If your credit card was charged multiple times, we will credit your account and send you an email**

Any current Penn Med students willing to chat with a prospective student?

Anyone who was charged the deposit multiple times still waiting on a refund? They removed the text on the portal about issuing refunds and changing status to "deposit paid" so I'm not sure if they missed mine or what.

A! Congrats to everyone who was accepted, what an honor.

Edit: does anyone know their timeline on announcing merit aid, eg the 21st century scholarships?

I contacted Financial Aid and they said decisions come out April 2nd.

I hear Penn is cancelling a ton of events and already cancelled all their accepted student events for undergrads. Has anyone heard anything about Penn preview?

I hear Penn is cancelling a ton of events and already cancelled all their accepted student events for undergrads. Has anyone heard anything about Penn preview?

I haven't heard anything official about Penn Preview but I'm expecting it will be canceled considering there are confirmed COVID-19 cases in Pennsylvania.

Word is that they are considering cancelling Penn preview, and that you should hold off on purchasing airline tickets for now.

Word is that they are considering cancelling Penn preview, and that you should hold off on purchasing airline tickets for now.
Ok perfect that makes sense. A friend who is a current student there said that Penn was treating its first case this week as well

Penn Preview officially canceled. There will be a virtual experience instead!

It was a given it was gonna happen. Just really blows that I won't get to meet my potential classmates at any second looks this year lol. And the whole roommate situation is more or less going to be random at most places

It was a given it was gonna happen. Just really blows that I won't get to meet my potential classmates at any second looks this year lol. And the whole roommate situation is more or less going to be random at most places
This feels like marrying someone based on their tinder profile

How many people does UPenn accept off the WL?

Anyone hear back about fin aid?

This might be a bit ridiculous to ask, but is there a chance we won't be able to start school this fall? I really really hope this is not the case come August, but it's starting to seem like the Coronavirus situation could last for many months based on the current estimates, and it makes me wonder how we could start school without being able to go to lab, clinic, the hospital, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This might be a bit ridiculous to ask, but is there a chance we won't be able to start school this fall? I really really hope this is not the case come August, but it's starting to seem like the Coronavirus situation could last for many months based on the current estimates, and it makes me wonder how we could start school without being able to go to lab, clinic, the hospital, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion there’s a v solid chance of this, and it’s increasing daily :/

just got the email for 21st century scholar!!!! :0 OUT OF THIS WORLD

it's full tuition and then a $10k/year STIPEND

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
just got the email for 21st century scholar!!!! :0 OUT OF THIS WORLD

it's full tuition and then a $10k/year STIPEND
Bless your soul. That is so incredible

• Love
Did anyone get a non-21st century scholarship financial aid offer today? I turned in all the documents almost immediately so I was hoping to hear back this week, but it seems like I'll have to wait.