2018-2019 University of Utah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I received an II a few weeks ago and in the next few days I’m going to submit my SVI. Anyone who has completed the SVI have some advice on what to expect? Never had a video interview and I’m feeling a little uncertain about it.

Hey guys I received an II a few weeks ago and in the next few days I’m going to submit my SVI. Anyone who has completed the SVI have some advice on what to expect? Never had a video interview and I’m feeling a little uncertain about it.

Don’t be too nervous. Dress up, wear your suit for it. They’ll give you a few practice questions beforehand. You’ll see a short video of a professor or staff member asking you the question, then you get 30 seconds to think about it before having 2 minutes to answer the question. It was a bit awkward but overall quick and painless. Just try and be as much of yourself as you can while talking to your computer.

It will be awkward but its really not too bad, just do your best haha. Everyone at my interview day was talking about how weird it felt, but its only worth 1 MMI station though in terms of determining eligibility for acceptance

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who interviewed after 10/15 heard back yet?

II today! Complete 9/26

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 10/26 and haven’t posted. IS, LM ~67. Complete early July. Reapplicant w/ more research, increased GPA, more volunteering, more patient exposure hours and increased MCAT. Last year no II.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I thought the secondary application was due on 8/26/18? How were you complete on 9/26?

Everyone who gets a secondary has one month to complete it depending on when they received it, there is no blanket deadline

I thought the secondary application was due on 8/26/18? How were you complete on 9/26?

I took the MCAT on August 3, so I didn’t get my score back until the beginning of September. It took a few weeks for my application to be verified, and I completed the secondary the same day I received it on 9/26. The deadlines for the secondary are based on when you receive it.

HELP I think I deleted my SVI (online video interview) email link and they are closed for the holidays what do I do??

HELP I think I deleted my SVI (online video interview) email link and they are closed for the holidays what do I do??
Usually even if you delete an email it goes into trash and you can recover it, not sure if you already looked but you can check!

Does anyone know if there had been a Facebook group started for the new accepted students?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone else gotten a call with good news? Or is it only EDP and people who interviewed in September so far?

Last edited:
Got the call this morning from Dr. Chan:) Interviewed 09/21. Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 3 users
Got the call this morning from Dr. Chan:) Interviewed 09/21. Good luck to everyone else!
Congrats!!
Interviewed 9/24 keeping my fingers crossed :xf: and also trying to stay sane :help:

Congrats! Thanks so much for the update, its so hard with all the silence on this thread :dead:

If I haven’t received an II or rejection email do I just continue to be patient or should I contact the school for a status update?

Accepted this morning! In-State and interview on 10/12. Good luck everyone!

Any recent activity for anyone?

Any Idaho peeps heard anything?

I have been told that we are all invited to interview all together in Feb/March, but I don’t know how true that is.

I have been told that we are all invited to interview all together in Feb/March, but I don’t know how true that is.
I havent heard anything. But after secondary completion their email said they interview from september-february so im hoping we get II's in January

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

When I interviewed in September, there were kids from Idaho there...so definitely false

Just got the call from Dr. Chan about an hour and a half ago. Couldn’t be more elated! Best of luck and keep grinding to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users