2018-2019 Wake Forest University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
complete early aug...still alive. Anyone else in this boat?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OH LOOKIE MY WISH CAME TRUE! got a "decision letter" for a pre-II R. Thanks WF!

Reactions: 1 users
Had to reset my PW twice on mobile because the portal wouldn't load on my iPhone. Got home an hour later after work, log in, and smacked with that R

Reactions: 1 user
Rejection today, post II. UNC interview Friday, so hopefully some luck there.

For those that interviewed, will they email you when your decision is posted?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’ll see if I can find the money to travel. I’m in Hawaii :(

I’ll see if I can find the money to travel. I’m in Hawaii :(
Same. Not quite as bad as Hawaii, but Washington state is a hike to pretty much anywhere.

Did those who were rejected also just get an email from WFU promoting their biomedical graduate programs, titled “ Name, still considering options for your next step”??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 2 users
Did those who were rejected also just get an email from WFU promoting their biomedical graduate programs, titled “ Name, still considering options for your next step”??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Yup just saw it like 5 min ago.

I know they said about 25% of incoming class is typically made up of people who were waitlisted, but does anyone have any idea how many people are waitlisted vs rejected post interview from the start?

Accepted!! Interviewed 1/11, and mind-blown about the turnaround time :heckyeah:

Reactions: 5 users
does anyone know if WF is still giving out interviews? I'm in state and have had radio silence since i submitted in like early july lol...

I was waitlisted yesterday, interviewed 1/7. Fingers crossed for some good WL movement!

I’ve been on waitlist since October and I don’t believe there has been any movement as of yet. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Weird they had WL movement in December last year but nothing yet this year. Maybe in February after that plan to enroll option becomes available?

does anyone know if WF is still giving out interviews? I'm in state and have had radio silence since i submitted in like early july lol...

Based on last years thread they sent out II up until late February & stopped interviewing mid-March, so hopefully they'll follow that same timeline - I'm in the same boat as you!

Last edited:
I completed my Secondary in mid-late september. Do you think they have gotten to at least look at my app yet? Or should I just assume they haven't and the rejection will eventually come?

Got an R pre II, telling me to check my portal for an updated decision lmao. OOS, LM~74 complete mid July.

I completed my Secondary in mid-late september. Do you think they have gotten to at least look at my app yet? Or should I just assume they haven't and the rejection will eventually come?
I’m not sure how they determine screen order, but I was complete around Sept. 20 and got rejected this week so it’s possible your application has been looked at. I wouldn’t give up hope.

I’m not sure how they determine screen order, but I was complete around Sept. 20 and got rejected this week so it’s possible your application has been looked at. I wouldn’t give up hope.
Thanks for letting me know. Best of luck.

App complete late august and silence ever since.

I spent over $2000 traveling to a school only to be put on the waitlist that never moves. It’s a top school where only 3 people got off the waitlist in the last 15 years.

So I totally understand that feeling. I’m only doing one more interview. And I’m so broke and won’t be making money the week that I’m gone. :(

So sorry to hear that. If you don’t mind, when did you interview?
So sorry, just now seeing this. Interview was in early December, but it seems like it can pretty random on how long until people are hearing back post interview. So if you interviewed and haven't heard anything take it as a good sign!

Hi everyone! Does anybody know when Wake Forest conducts their last interview of the cycle? Thank you!

Hey guys! A huge congratulations to those of you who have been accepted so far. To those still waiting to hear back, I sincerely wish you the best of luck... I know the process is exhausting, but hang in there!

And now, what you’ve all been waiting for... here’s the link for the Class of 2023 Facebook page! You can request to join and our student admissions rep will add you.

(Remove all the “ * “s first... just since we can’t share links on here... I hope this works)

www. * facebook. * com/groups/ * 293952801317040/? * ref=share

Reactions: 2 users
If anyone has any questions about Wake, I'm happy to answer some! I know nothing about the admissions process so can't help much there.

Does anyone know when we will receive our background check link & info about sending vaccinations? This may not be until after April 30th, but I can't remember if they specified...

Does anyone know when we will receive our background check link & info about sending vaccinations? This may not be until after April 30th, but I can't remember if they specified...
I received my background check link from certiphi around January 15th. I haven't seen anything regarding immunizations yet.