2018-2019 Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone else still not have the check marks next to their transcripts yet?

you're not going to have a check mark there. that's for post-acceptance once they receive the final transcript that includes your senior year classes

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I called the admissions office because I just wanted to make sure. They said since so many people miss the info about the 2 week deadline, they from now on will be okay as long as you return it within 4 week from the day you receive the secondary app. so you are fine!! you don't have to call them or anything
I’m surprised they care so much about when they’re submitted lol

Is the MSAR info not updated then? There it says they start sending II's in july
July was the usual time for previous years but I heard the AAMC is really pressing schools to obey "traffic rules" which are guidelines for admissions. So if students can't be admitted until Oct 15, then it doesn't really help to conduct a ton of interviews in August.

Is the MSAR info not updated then? There it says they start sending II's in july

someone gave a link above in this forum somewhere of their "admission tracker" site. It shows how many apps have been submitted, interviews, acceptances. on the interviews section, it says they will begin requesting them after August 15th

someone gave a link above in this forum somewhere of their "admission tracker" site. It shows how many apps have been submitted, interviews, acceptances. on the interviews section, it says they will begin requesting them after August 15th
It's on their main site, a little box on the right-hand side

https://admissions.med.wayne.edu/

How are people getting to the secondary? When I press the secondary link it says applicant information not found.

Istg if the 15th comes and they don't send out any II, I will do absolutely nothing about it.

Reactions: 7 users
For the question below can I use my experience as a mentor for my research lab where I taught my mentees about the procedures and science behind the research project?

"Give an example of a project to which you gave sustained effort. How were you involved in the leadership of this project?"

Under our portal, the Decision is "Med School in for Review (MR)". This means the file is currently under review right? No rejection or II yet?

Under our portal, the Decision is "Med School in for Review (MR)". This means the file is currently under review right? No rejection or II yet?

I have that too. Yep, I think it really just means your app is complete and ready for review.

Members don't see this ad :)

Yep, that was my status until I got my interview invite in October.

Wow, reddit/MCAT got banned and shut down for good. Keep all those precious files close if you know anyone taking the MCAT or might be planning a retake. UWorld strikes again! I remember a bunch of Wayne students almost got sued for sharing USMLE prep material on a dropbox so please if you get into a med school never do this for your own safety!!

Wow, reddit/MCAT got banned and shut down for good. Keep all those precious files close if you know anyone taking the MCAT or might be planning a retake. UWorld strikes again! I remember a bunch of Wayne students almost got sued for sharing USMLE prep material on a dropbox so please if you get into a med school never do this for your own safety!!
So what was is it exactly? UWorld material?

haha man I love me some michael scott lol

also, didn't Uworld have a free trial? Why wouldn't people just use that?
I assume they were using it, but then would screenshot questions for explanations or compile study guides from UWorld explanations to share for free.

Submitted my secondary on 8/2. Just checked my portal, under the task headlined "Admission Decision" it shows "Med School in Review (MR)" with August 4th date next to it.

Submitted my secondary on 8/2. Just checked my portal, under the task headlined "Admission Decision" it shows "Med School in Review (MR)" with August 4th date next to it.
I wouldn't look into that. Mine says something similar based on when I submitted the secondary. I think that's just the date someone manually confirmed that your secondary was submitted

I wouldn't look into that. Mine says something similar based on when I submitted the secondary. I think that's just the date someone manually confirmed that your secondary was submitted

I'm not sure if it means that the file was reviewed on August 4th, or if it means it has been able to be reviewed since August 4th. Most likely the latter. I think it shows that they mark your application relatively quickly assuming you have everything in (i.e. MCAT) before submitting the secondary

I'm not sure if it means that the file was reviewed on August 4th, or if it means it has been able to be reviewed since August 4th. Most likely the latter. I think it shows that they mark your application relatively quickly assuming you have everything in (i.e. MCAT) before submitting the secondary
Yeah that sounds about right. Hopefully they start sending II's soon!

My sources said that admissions is spending this week doing practice runs for interviews and the first interview date is tentatively set for August 24th. So everyone just stay calm and enjoy the feeling of being hopeful, it’s a long process.

Reactions: 1 users
Last year my status was MR up until I caught that axe at the end of the cycle
My sources said that admissions is spending this week doing practice runs for interviews and the first interview date is tentatively set for August 24th. So everyone just stay calm and enjoy the feeling of being hopeful, it’s a long process.
That would be pretty ****ed up if they sent II's only a week before the actual interview

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone else had them ask why you need a fee waiver? I sent them my fee assistance program award email but they seem very resistant to waiving the secondary fee which is a lot at $100.

I received an invite to interview today, but I am an EDP applicant. Does anyone know if it matters whether or not you sign up for the 24th or 31st?

Oh wow, relative to the opening date that's very soon. Lol

Has anyone else had them ask why you need a fee waiver? I sent them my fee assistance program award email but they seem very resistant to waiving the secondary fee which is a lot at $100.

That’s weird. All the schools have done it automicalty for me without the need to send in anything.

Huh, that's odd. I had fee assistance last year and Wayne State gave me no problem waiving the secondary fee.

Does anyone know how we figure out if wayne got our letters of rec?

Who is ready for tomorrow?? :hello:

Reactions: 6 users
for the photo Identification portion of the secondary. Is that a driver's license or a professional picture?

Doesn't the admissions website say "after" August 15th? Meaning they start tomorrow?

upload_2018-8-15_11-23-59.png

Could mean anything, actually! They do not specify exactly how much after 8/15. But I hope you are correct :)

Last edited:
View attachment 238727

Could mean anything, actually! They do not specify exactly how much after 8/15. But I hope you are correct :)
Doesn't the admissions website say "after" August 15th? Meaning they start tomorrow?
My guess is that they will come a few days after 8/15 at least, so they can get the EDP students in first. EDP applications were due August 1st and they only interview in August and September.

Reactions: 2 users
I hope all of you hear good news! :luck:

Reactions: 4 users
for the photo Identification portion of the secondary. Is that a driver's license or a professional picture?
I only recently got this tab lol. I uploaded a professional pic but I also had to upload my passport photo in another section so idk if this helps you

What’s up with the Michigan schools this year. They were all relatively quicker last cycle

Hi Everyone :) I was wondering if any current student can comment on Street Medicine Detroit? Is it a popular program? and what sorts of specific tasks would the volunteers be involved with (like is it more of a typical free clinic or is there more emphasis on outreach) Thank you!!!