2018-2019 West Virginia University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing here next month...any advice?
Relax and prep a elevator speech you only have 20 minutes with each interviewer. Majority open file questions, use the SDN interview feedback to prep its pretty accurate.

Woot congrats! Did you find out that you're on the high priority waitlist for II?

Thanks!!! :) And no, they put me on the waitlist in Late August or early September and I haven’t heard anything until today! I did send an update in early November though!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thanks!!! :) And no, they put me on the waitlist in Late August or early September and I haven’t heard anything until today! I did send an update in early November though!

Ahh I see, thank you for your responses! I hope I hear something soon ;w;

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have already been accepted/interviewed, did they mention anything about scholarships? For current students, does WVU match offers from other schools? (FWIW, I am OOS with no ties and will be interviewing soon).

Reactions: 1 user
For those who have already been accepted/interviewed, did they mention anything about scholarships? For current students, does WVU match offers from other schools? (FWIW, I am OOS with no ties and will be interviewing soon).
Oh such a great question . Thank you for asking that . I would love to know the answer too

Have any accepted students received the deposit invoice in the mail? If so, are there any options for paying online or over the phone?

Have any accepted students received the deposit invoice in the mail? If so, are there any options for paying online or over the phone?
nah gotta send the check. I just sent a money order from walmart.

Reactions: 1 users

nah gotta send the check. I just sent a money order from walmart.

I second the money order from Walmart. That’s how I did it and it was a pretty smooth process.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I second the money order from Walmart. That’s how I did it and it was a pretty smooth process.

Thanks for your help. For future admits, you can also pay the deposit online in the star portal.

How can we send an update to this school? I interview next month and realize I never updated them on significant additions to my application....interview invite was so long ago I never thought I would make it to this point.

How can we send an update to this school? I interview next month and realize I never updated them on significant additions to my application....interview invite was so long ago I never thought I would make it to this point.

You upload them through your applicant portal!

Was supposed to interview soon, Withdrawing my application so that one of you good souls get that II

You’re very welcome! Good luck with your interview!! Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions about the interview or the school itself.

II yesterday! I'm a FL resident with minimal, but some, ties to the area. I interview 2/14. I was complete in late July and was put on the II waitlist in August.

II yesterday! I'm a FL resident with minimal, but some, ties to the area. I interview 2/14. I was complete in late July and was put on the II waitlist in August.
Congrats! How many interview days were available?

Anyone who interviewed here... where did you fly in and how did you get from the airport to Morgantown? I was thinking uber but I’m not sure they do that. Also wondering how expensive it would be.

Anyone who interviewed here... where did you fly in and how did you get from the airport to Morgantown? I was thinking uber but I’m not sure they do that. Also wondering how expensive it would be.

The nearest airport is Pittsburgh, but it is about 1.5 hours away so Uber will not do unless you want a huge bill. You could rent a car, the price shouldn’t be too bad even if you’re under 25.

I flew to Pittsburgh and rented a car for the night. I would recommend staying the night in Morgantown just because there may be snow when you interview.

Would having family in neighboring states be Considered ties?

If they live specifically in rural Appalachia, you could stress that for sure. It’s better than nothing but will not go far if it’s not rural Appalachia.

I have zero ties to WV. I have no idea what waitlist I was on, however, I did upload several updates to the portal.

Received an interview last week and interview tomorrow, OOS LizzyM 67-69. I wasn't aware there were high, mid or low II waitlist priority, but I did send in 3 updates since I was waitlisted back in Aug. Anyone interviewing tomorrow who wants to grab dinner and explore Motown PM me -- I'm staying an extra night!

Can anyone tell me what the interview lunch is like here? I'm wondering if they will have any vegetarian food :rolleyes:

Can anyone tell me what the interview lunch is like here? I'm wondering if they will have any vegetarian food :rolleyes:
Just finished lunch here :))) it was great . It is sort of buffet style so if you don’t want to put meat it is up to you . We had a few vegetarians here . Totally friendly

So , this question was asked , but I didn’t find the answer yet (sorry if I missed it ) , so I will ask again : does anyone known how well they are doing on scholarships ? As an OOS student it’s obviously a concern