2019-2020 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hoping for
Is there a point in even reaching out to the admissions office at this point? Or just wait it out?
and say what though? They don’t accept interest letters or letters of intent right?? I think we just have to wait it out, but definitely feel your pain

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Is there a point in even reaching out to the admissions office at this point? Or just wait it out?
I think the only thing you can ask and get an answer is whether or not the class is full. Otherwise you’ll probably hit a wall. But if knowing that will make you feel better, go for it! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
im looking at my portal and it says my CASPer score wasn't submitted.. I'm confused why that happened when i already interviewed..

Members don't see this ad :)
im looking at my portal and it says my CASPer score wasn't submitted.. I'm confused why that happened when i already interviewed..
Mine says the same thing, probably just a blip in the system since the new application cycle is already underway (at least that's my guess) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: 2 users
Well every1 just withdrew from the AL. It was quite the ride but my time to leave has come. Hoping my withdrawal bumps y’all up on the list. Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 7 users
I feel like we’re hitting the point where they might be waiting until the CTE date so they know their numbers.

But lord, please let me in so I can quit my crappy and stressful gap year job! T-T

I feel like we’re hitting the point where they might be waiting until the CTE date so they know their numbers.

But lord, please let me in so I can quit my crappy and stressful gap year job! T-T
This probably makes the most sense, since their CTE is right around the corner

Members don't see this ad :)
7/8... thats so far away.. would they send out more A's on 7/8 or 7/9? hopefully..

Reactions: 1 user
loving the optimism here
mine officially reached zero last week
trying to feed off your positivity

im really hoping that i hear before 7/11 cause that's when i move.. it'll be a struggle to start school, then pack my crap and move to an opposite coast hahaha fun times.

im really hoping that i hear before 7/11 cause that's when i move.. it'll be a struggle to start school, then pack my crap and move to an opposite coast hahaha fun times.

It will be even more of a struggle since all matriculating students are required to be there by 07/20.

It will be even more of a struggle since all matriculating students are required to be there by 07/20.
Do you know what the requirement is for? I thought orientation wasn’t until the first week of August?

Do you know what the requirement is for? I thought orientation wasn’t until the first week of August?

To be in compliance with NY state gov. Executive order. State of residence doesn’t matter.

To be in compliance with NY state gov. Executive order. State of residence doesn’t matter.
Well, the state does matter. The executive order says that travelers cannot enter New York if they are coming from states with positive test rates higher than 10 per 100,000 residents, or higher than a 10% positive test rate. So when this was instituted last week, that included eight states. While that may change, I wouldn't say "state of residence doesn't matter." We did briefly discuss how AMC and other schools are likely to accommodate for any travel/quarantine issues.

Last edited:
Well, the state does matter. The executive order says that travelers cannot enter New York if they are coming from states with positive test rates higher than 10 per 100,000 residents, or higher than a 10% positive test rate. So when this was instituted last week, that included eight states. While that may change, I wouldn't say "state of residence doesn't matter." Even then, we did briefly discuss how AMC and other schools are likely to accommodate for any travel/quarantine issues.

The state doesn’t matter per AMC directives.

Edit: this is my last comment on the matter.

Last edited:
The state doesn’t matter per AMC directives.

Edit: this is my last comment on the matter.
I apologize. I didn't know there was a directive from AMC. I thought you were basing it off of the executive order alone.

EDIT: I now see you are a medical student at AMC. So I doubly apologize because you have access to that kind of information.

I apologize. I didn't know there was a directive from AMC. I thought you were basing it off of the executive order alone.

EDIT: I now see you are a medical student at AMC. So I doubly apologize because you have access to that kind of information.

Your questions were valid. Why apologize when he/she should have started with "per AMC directives" (which is what actually matters)? Medicine needs fewer people who behave in this manner.

Also, good luck ya'll!

im stressed yall. im starting to order stuff to my current school .... meh.. lets go w the flow y'all.. things will work out #praying

Your questions were valid. Why apologize when he/she should have started with "per AMC directives" (which is what actually matters)? Medicine needs fewer people who behave in this manner.

Also, good luck ya'll!

Here’s a quote from my newspaper today. “Our society does not need more self righteousness that divides us.” Not every statement is perfectly crafted and you should not expect it to be.

Best of luck to you as well.

Do we get an email about joining the Facebook page and Groupme after our deposit has been received?

can we stop arguing y'all? :) its a stressful time for all of us. lets stick together.. :)

Accepted this morning! Best of luck to everyone else on the AL squad!
They’re accepting on days that aren’t Monday! Now every day is filled with anxiety!

But, for real, congratulations! I assume you’re planning on attending?

Reactions: 3 users
Sounds like this cycle is chalked.

• Sad
At what point can we contact admissions to ask for feedback?

IDT they provide that.
Their FAQ says they do, but only for those who interviewed. It just says “after the interview season,” but I don’t know what that means for us alt listers.

Recieved this from admissions this morning.

"We have no change in status for you at this time. Our ‘Commit to Enroll’ deadline was yesterday, so we hope to have the class finalized later this week. As always, we will accept from the alternate list as need to fill any remaining seats in the class."

• Sad
Recieved this from admissions this morning.

"We have no change in status for you at this time. Our ‘Commit to Enroll’ deadline was yesterday, so we hope to have the class finalized later this week. As always, we will accept from the alternate list as need to fill any remaining seats in the class."

Ahh and there goes my last little bit of hope :(