About the Ads
Aug 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Feb 27, 2020
Status
Medical Student
Does anybody know when the commit to enroll deadline is for Albany?
AMC's CTE deadline is July 8th. Those being pulled off the alternate list are being given 24 hours to select PTE or forfeit their seat. Here's what else we know right now:

You're right, they really are expecting us to shoot in the dark without hearing of the financial aid offer, but at least it ensures a faster turnover of those who might be on the fence about attending perhaps? Here are some other dates they mentioned:

-Request for Deferral deadline: June 1st (yesterday lol)
-Official Transcripts to be sent: July 1st
-CTE: July 8th

For those interested, the documents that need to be submitted within 3 days include a Statement of Acceptance, Acceptance Protocols doc, Technical Standards Questionnaire, and Phonetic pronunciation/White coat order form.

fdsap

Medmerizing
2+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2016
AMC's CTE deadline is July 8th. Those being pulled off the alternate list are being given 24 hours to select PTE or forfeit their seat. Here's what else we know right now:
Curious, were you in fact able to view your financial aid offer within the 24 hour deadline?

Feb 27, 2020
Status
Medical Student
Curious, were you in fact able to view your financial aid offer within the 24 hour deadline?
A message was sent from the financial aid office soon after the acceptance e-mail came through indicating that the internal AMC financial aid application was now available. I was able to access it within two days. Haven't completed it as of yet, but maybe @krustykrabkrew can shed some light as to the turnaround time.

oregonian19

2+ Year Member
May 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Just got accepted!!!
Congratulations! What time did the email come in at? Seems like they like to send them out Monday mornings.

EDIT: If you don’t mind my asking, are you planning on accepting/attending AMC?

Last edited:
About the Ads
Jul 29, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Congratulations! What time did the email come in at? Seems like they like to send them out Monday mornings.

EDIT: If you don’t mind my asking, are you planning on accepting/attending AMC?
the email came at around 10:30 this morning. I am not sure yet if I will be accepting! I am currently working on comparing it to the school that I had planned to enroll in.

fdsap

Medmerizing
2+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2016
As you guys know, the acceptance email said that I have 3 days to submit all documents, but that I needed to select PTE on the portal within 24 hours. If I select PTE for Albany, would that notify the school that I had previously selected? Would it take away my spot at that other school?
I am very curious about this as well, please do let us know what you find out!

oregonian19

2+ Year Member
May 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
im dying here y'all... :( where's that A?
I feel you on this....

You did get a DO acceptance, right? If so, then you are going to be a doctor, regardless! That in itself is a huge achievement and you should be extremely proud of yourself. :)

Aug 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I feel you on this....

You did get a DO acceptance, right? If so, then you are going to be a doctor, regardless! That in itself is a huge achievement and you should be extremely proud of yourself. :)
hahaha yeah i did!! thank you so much! holding out hope for both of us for this A!

Reactions: oregonian19
Jul 27, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
can any current students speak about how beneficial it is to have the hospital on site, how far they have to travel to other clinical sites, and what types of research opportunities they have been involved in?

About the Ads

oregonian19

2+ Year Member
May 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
do you mind if I ask you your stats? Just wondering if I would be ranked close to you
While stats may be helpful, remember your rank is about everything (stats, ECs, LORs, interview performance, etc.).

microbionerd

2+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2017
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
While stats may be helpful, remember your rank is about everything (stats, ECs, LORs, interview performance, etc.).
I totally get that, but I do think that stats would be a good chunk of the rank. Also I’m just being neurotic

Gregor_Mendel

2+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2015
can any current students speak about how beneficial it is to have the hospital on site, how far they have to travel to other clinical sites, and what types of research opportunities they have been involved in?
It's definitely a big plus. I'd imagine I'll feel that even more come third year, but even as a 1st year it kinda gave you a feeling that you're close to the "action." I would always eat lunch in hospital cafe since they give discounts for staff and students. As for research, plenty of it available but you gotta reach out. I cold emailed someone early in m1 and have since been working with that pi/group.

Jul 27, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
It's definitely a big plus. I'd imagine I'll feel that even more come third year, but even as a 1st year it kinda gave you a feeling that you're close to the "action." I would always eat lunch in hospital cafe since they give discounts for staff and students. As for research, plenty of it available but you gotta reach out.
Okay, thats great! would you be able to message me so that i can ask you a couple more questions? Thank you!!!

Jun 8, 2020
Status
Medical Student
It's definitely a big plus. I'd imagine I'll feel that even more come third year, but even as a 1st year it kinda gave you a feeling that you're close to the "action." I would always eat lunch in hospital cafe since they give discounts for staff and students. As for research, plenty of it available but you gotta reach out. I cold emailed someone early in m1 and have since been working with that pi/group.
Would I be able to ask you some questions as well regarding research at AMC? When you reach out to the PI/groups, are they PI that you have already met through lecture? Also are they doctors or residents?

Mar 20, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm in the same situation! But if it makes you feel better, Albany students have said that it's very easy to find good housing even a few days leading up to orientation.
I’m in the same boat!! I’m a bit nervous, but I’ve also been told finding good housing even in mid July is not hard. We will be okay!

openstage

2+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I’m in the same boat!! I’m a bit nervous, but I’ve also been told finding good housing even in mid July is not hard. We will be okay!
Not trying to rush you guys, but remember it's like dominoes. There are thousands of folks around the country with no A's, and WL movement starts when you CTE. Good luck deciding.

About the Ads
Aug 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Not trying to rush you guys, but remember it's like dominoes. There are thousands of folks around the country with no A's, and WL movement starts when you CTE. Good luck deciding.
yes plz decide soon so other folks of a chance :)

Oct 22, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
yes plz decide soon so other folks of a chance :)
Believe me, I'd love to make a decision right this second. I just want to start planning. But my options are to commit to Albany (which I loved and I'd be thrilled to go here) or...wait a bit to see if I move off a waitlist at a program significantly closer to home. I get that the waitlist won't move unless people make decisions and I'm struggling with that logic because we're technically all just sitting in grid-locked traffic, but wouldn't it be better for you if I held out for an acceptance at another school?

Aug 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Reactions: MCAT procrastinator

oregonian19

2+ Year Member
May 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
W
Lots of additions in the Facebook group :( hopefully there’s still some space for us
What are the head counts on Facebook and WhatsApp?

EDIT: I meant GroupMe

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Aug 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
About the Ads