2019-2020 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know when the commit to enroll deadline is for Albany?

AMC's CTE deadline is July 8th. Those being pulled off the alternate list are being given 24 hours to select PTE or forfeit their seat. Here's what else we know right now:

You're right, they really are expecting us to shoot in the dark without hearing of the financial aid offer, but at least it ensures a faster turnover of those who might be on the fence about attending perhaps? Here are some other dates they mentioned:

-Request for Deferral deadline: June 1st (yesterday lol)
-Official Transcripts to be sent: July 1st
-CTE: July 8th

For those interested, the documents that need to be submitted within 3 days include a Statement of Acceptance, Acceptance Protocols doc, Technical Standards Questionnaire, and Phonetic pronunciation/White coat order form.

Reactions: 1 user
AMC's CTE deadline is July 8th. Those being pulled off the alternate list are being given 24 hours to select PTE or forfeit their seat. Here's what else we know right now:
Curious, were you in fact able to view your financial aid offer within the 24 hour deadline?

Curious, were you in fact able to view your financial aid offer within the 24 hour deadline?

A message was sent from the financial aid office soon after the acceptance e-mail came through indicating that the internal AMC financial aid application was now available. I was able to access it within two days. Haven't completed it as of yet, but maybe @krustykrabkrew can shed some light as to the turnaround time.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted!!!
Congratulations! What time did the email come in at? Seems like they like to send them out Monday mornings.

EDIT: If you don’t mind my asking, are you planning on accepting/attending AMC?

Last edited:
Congratulations! What time did the email come in at? Seems like they like to send them out Monday mornings.

EDIT: If you don’t mind my asking, are you planning on accepting/attending AMC?
the email came at around 10:30 this morning. I am not sure yet if I will be accepting! I am currently working on comparing it to the school that I had planned to enroll in.

Reactions: 2 users
As you guys know, the acceptance email said that I have 3 days to submit all documents, but that I needed to select PTE on the portal within 24 hours. If I select PTE for Albany, would that notify the school that I had previously selected? Would it take away my spot at that other school?

Members don't see this ad :)
As you guys know, the acceptance email said that I have 3 days to submit all documents, but that I needed to select PTE on the portal within 24 hours. If I select PTE for Albany, would that notify the school that I had previously selected? Would it take away my spot at that other school?
I am very curious about this as well, please do let us know what you find out!

im dying here y'all... :( where's that A?
I feel you on this....

You did get a DO acceptance, right? If so, then you are going to be a doctor, regardless! That in itself is a huge achievement and you should be extremely proud of yourself. :)

I feel you on this....

You did get a DO acceptance, right? If so, then you are going to be a doctor, regardless! That in itself is a huge achievement and you should be extremely proud of yourself. :)
hahaha yeah i did!! thank you so much! holding out hope for both of us for this A!

I am very curious about this as well, please do let us know what you find out!
I wanted to update you guys that I talked to my advisor and she said the school I had originally selected PTE for will see that I changed it to Albany, and that they can withdraw my acceptance after that!

Reactions: 4 users
I wanted to update you guys that I talked to my advisor and she said the school I had originally selected PTE for will see that I changed it to Albany, and that they can withdraw my acceptance after that!
It's not even showing up in my CYMS tool yet

can any current students speak about how beneficial it is to have the hospital on site, how far they have to travel to other clinical sites, and what types of research opportunities they have been involved in?

do you mind if I ask you your stats? Just wondering if I would be ranked close to you
While stats may be helpful, remember your rank is about everything (stats, ECs, LORs, interview performance, etc.).

While stats may be helpful, remember your rank is about everything (stats, ECs, LORs, interview performance, etc.).

I totally get that, but I do think that stats would be a good chunk of the rank. Also I’m just being neurotic

can any current students speak about how beneficial it is to have the hospital on site, how far they have to travel to other clinical sites, and what types of research opportunities they have been involved in?

It's definitely a big plus. I'd imagine I'll feel that even more come third year, but even as a 1st year it kinda gave you a feeling that you're close to the "action." I would always eat lunch in hospital cafe since they give discounts for staff and students. As for research, plenty of it available but you gotta reach out. I cold emailed someone early in m1 and have since been working with that pi/group.

It's definitely a big plus. I'd imagine I'll feel that even more come third year, but even as a 1st year it kinda gave you a feeling that you're close to the "action." I would always eat lunch in hospital cafe since they give discounts for staff and students. As for research, plenty of it available but you gotta reach out.
Okay, thats great! would you be able to message me so that i can ask you a couple more questions? Thank you!!!

It's definitely a big plus. I'd imagine I'll feel that even more come third year, but even as a 1st year it kinda gave you a feeling that you're close to the "action." I would always eat lunch in hospital cafe since they give discounts for staff and students. As for research, plenty of it available but you gotta reach out. I cold emailed someone early in m1 and have since been working with that pi/group.

Last edited:
Does anyone know about an orientation schedule? I'm waiting to CTE here until I hear back from another waitlist but I'm getting nervous about housing!

Does anyone know about an orientation schedule? I'm waiting to CTE here until I hear back from another waitlist but I'm getting nervous about housing!
I'm in the same situation! But if it makes you feel better, Albany students have said that it's very easy to find good housing even a few days leading up to orientation.

I'm in the same situation! But if it makes you feel better, Albany students have said that it's very easy to find good housing even a few days leading up to orientation.
I’m in the same boat!! I’m a bit nervous, but I’ve also been told finding good housing even in mid July is not hard. We will be okay!

I’m in the same boat!! I’m a bit nervous, but I’ve also been told finding good housing even in mid July is not hard. We will be okay!

Not trying to rush you guys, but remember it's like dominoes. There are thousands of folks around the country with no A's, and WL movement starts when you CTE. Good luck deciding.

Not trying to rush you guys, but remember it's like dominoes. There are thousands of folks around the country with no A's, and WL movement starts when you CTE. Good luck deciding.
yes plz decide soon so other folks of a chance :)

yes plz decide soon so other folks of a chance :)
Believe me, I'd love to make a decision right this second. I just want to start planning. But my options are to commit to Albany (which I loved and I'd be thrilled to go here) or...wait a bit to see if I move off a waitlist at a program significantly closer to home. I get that the waitlist won't move unless people make decisions and I'm struggling with that logic because we're technically all just sitting in grid-locked traffic, but wouldn't it be better for you if I held out for an acceptance at another school?

Reactions: 3 users
Is there a physical exam and immunization form needed prior to matriculation?

Just gave up my spot - was offered the A on Monday morning - hope it goes to one of you :)

Reactions: 11 users
Lots of additions in the Facebook group :( hopefully there’s still some space for us

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Again the group me may have current students etc etc. I wouldn't go off of those. Also some students may still drop their acceptance come July. We Gucci fam! Stay breezy!

Reactions: 7 users
Is there a physical exam and immunization form needed prior to matriculation?
RT! Can any accepted students provide insight? I'm going to the doctor tomorrow and want to make sure I get the Albany specific forms filled out in case I get accepted. Holding out hope :)

RT! Can any accepted students provide insight? I'm going to the doctor tomorrow and want to make sure I get the Albany specific forms filled out in case I get accepted. Holding out hope :)
They do it during orientation

Just a quick question for current admitted students, are classes online or in person? Are they also requiring a virtual reality laptop if it’s online?