2020-2021 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For withdrawing they want applicants to email them. Therefore, it would take probably a day or two (if not longer) for them to process the withdrawals of both A’s and AL. So not trying to burst anyone’s bubble but I could potentially see them taking another week to make sure they’ve gotten all withdrawal requests before sending out more A’s. I do hope it’s tomorrow for everyone’s sake however.
 
For withdrawing they want applicants to email them. Therefore, it would take probably a day or two (if not longer) for them to process the withdrawals of both A’s and AL. So not trying to burst anyone’s bubble but I could potentially see them taking another week to make sure they’ve gotten all withdrawal requests before sending out more A’s. I do hope it’s tomorrow for everyone’s sake however.
true. However, I feel like they haven't sent out A's in a whiiille
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ugh I didn't get an email. Looks like 22 new people were just added to the Albany FB group. Hopefully there's going to be more AL movement...
I'm sad ngl, but this was just the first wave of accepts off of the alt. list and there will be more (just look at last year's thread!). Plus, they started accepting people very early this year off of the alt. list, meaning that hopefully there's more time for us to be accepted?...
 
Some of those ppl who recently joined are upper classmen..FB class size isn't the best way to judge movement!
This ****ing sucks to say, but we should honestly start panicking around the end of June...

Here's to many more weeks of anxiety!
 
Ugh I didn't get an email. Looks like 22 new people were just added to the Albany FB group. Hopefully there's going to be more AL movement...
It went from 171 -> 156 -> 175 in this past week alone so I wouldn’t fret about the Facebook numbers.

I also requested to join the group about 2 weeks ago after receiving my A (was not placed on UC or AL) and just got approved now. Seems like the +22 members is due to a backlog of fb group requests over the past few weeks.
 
It went from 171 -> 156 -> 175 in this past week alone so I wouldn’t fret about the Facebook numbers.

I also requested to join the group about 2 weeks ago after receiving my A (was not placed on UC or AL) and just got approved now. Seems like the +22 members is due to a backlog of fb group requests over the past few weeks.
Agree with this I got my A around a month ago and my request to join the Facebook group was just approved today!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A poem I wrote about being on the waitlist and checking SDN:

Constantly, I refresh
To check waitlist progress
The urge is hard to suppress
And it's making me depressed

Searching for clues
Is all I can do
Oh - someone withdrew
Maybe there's room for you

Each day that goes by
I try not to cry
As I start to deny
That I'll get a reply

It's hard to have hope
At least it's not 'nope'
I try not to mope
And to keep things in scope

I hope schools see me
As I once saw myself
Before this whole cycle
Made me feel like someone else