2020-2021 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone sent in updates? I sent in grades and my dean wrote them an email. But that's about it. I know they don't want Letters of Intent etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone sent in updates? I sent in grades and my dean wrote them an email. But that's about it. I know they don't want Letters of Intent etc.
They said don't send them any updates or letters of intent so I'm staying on their good side and not writing them anything

Reactions: 3 users
Nope! My boss offered to send them a LOR on my behalf but I'm not sure how they would respond tbh.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
We are all already ranked - so updated won’t do anything

Has anyone heard anything through the grapevine that Albany has started pulling from the Alt. list?

They do take transcript updates if you're in a masters etc. So that's what I sent.

They do take transcript updates if you're in a masters etc. So that's what I sent.
May I ask where you heard this from? I was also under the impression that they didn’t accept any updates whatsoever.

Reactions: 1 users
May I ask where you heard this from? I was also under the impression that they didn’t accept any updates whatsoever.
Do you accept new grades? Where can I send them?

We do accept new grades.

You can email us an unofficial or official transcript to be added to your file at [email protected].

If you have attached a transcript to your email, we will add it to your file.

Members don't see this ad :)
Should we hope for movement this Friday? or just bet on each and every Monday moving forward?

Ahhh I am just hoping for movement as soon as possible it could be on Sunday for all I care ..

Ahhh I am just hoping for movement as soon as possible it could be on Sunday for all I care ..
Low-key I feel this. It would free up so much of my summer to just focus on my mental health.

Low-key I feel this. It would free up so much of my summer to just focus on my mental health.
My God! The anxiety and stress of waiting for something that you have zero control over... this process is unhealthy tbh

For those still waiting to be accepted, hang in there. God is in control, you’ll get an acceptance very soon.

Reactions: 6 users
For withdrawing they want applicants to email them. Therefore, it would take probably a day or two (if not longer) for them to process the withdrawals of both A’s and AL. So not trying to burst anyone’s bubble but I could potentially see them taking another week to make sure they’ve gotten all withdrawal requests before sending out more A’s. I do hope it’s tomorrow for everyone’s sake however.

Reactions: 2 users
For withdrawing they want applicants to email them. Therefore, it would take probably a day or two (if not longer) for them to process the withdrawals of both A’s and AL. So not trying to burst anyone’s bubble but I could potentially see them taking another week to make sure they’ve gotten all withdrawal requests before sending out more A’s. I do hope it’s tomorrow for everyone’s sake however.
true. However, I feel like they haven't sent out A's in a whiiille

Do you accept new grades? Where can I send them?

We do accept new grades.

You can email us an unofficial or official transcript to be added to your file at [email protected].

If you have attached a transcript to your email, we will add it to your file.
Is this ONLY for people in masters or also undergrad?

Anyone else gonna send in their transcripts to albany?

Accepted just now! From the AL via email. This is my first acceptance and I’m absolutely stoked.

• Care
Reactions: 16 users
Congrats! Makes me a little nervous that I didn't get any email

Accepted people congratsss !! Do you mind sharing your stats ?

Ugh I didn't get an email. Looks like 22 new people were just added to the Albany FB group. Hopefully there's going to be more AL movement...

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Ugh I didn't get an email. Looks like 22 new people were just added to the Albany FB group. Hopefully there's going to be more AL movement...
I'm sad ngl, but this was just the first wave of accepts off of the alt. list and there will be more (just look at last year's thread!). Plus, they started accepting people very early this year off of the alt. list, meaning that hopefully there's more time for us to be accepted?...

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I'll just continue to cry in the shower ya'll.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users

Some of those ppl who recently joined are upper classmen..FB class size isn't the best way to judge movement!

Some of those ppl who recently joined are upper classmen..FB class size isn't the best way to judge movement!
This ****ing sucks to say, but we should honestly start panicking around the end of June...

Here's to many more weeks of anxiety!

It went from 171 -> 156 -> 175 in this past week alone so I wouldn’t fret about the Facebook numbers.

I also requested to join the group about 2 weeks ago after receiving my A (was not placed on UC or AL) and just got approved now. Seems like the +22 members is due to a backlog of fb group requests over the past few weeks.

Welp! I'll see ya'll in a week! I need to get off SDN for tonight or else imma lose my mind. But knowing my neurotic self....see ya'll tomorrow.

• Care
  • Haha
It went from 171 -> 156 -> 175 in this past week alone so I wouldn’t fret about the Facebook numbers.

I also requested to join the group about 2 weeks ago after receiving my A (was not placed on UC or AL) and just got approved now. Seems like the +22 members is due to a backlog of fb group requests over the past few weeks.
Agree with this I got my A around a month ago and my request to join the Facebook group was just approved today!

Got accepted off AL yest but unfortunately do not have a Facebook account anymore lol. I deleted last year and cannot recover. Is there a groupme or something?

Does the AL page on the school's portal update if you accepted your position on the AL or will it always say that the deadline has passed?

Does the AL page on the school's portal update if you accepted your position on the AL or will it always say that the deadline has passed?
So I contacted the school just to confirm everything was fine and yes, it seems it will keep saying the deadline has passed, but just know if you submitted the form, then everything is in check