2020-2021 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hope you get in! You seem to love this school a lot. Fingers crossed for ya
Him and me both..add me to the prayer list plz

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Waiting for that next big wave of acceptances off of the alternate list like...

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you checked spam? Lot of emails go to spam from AMC. Also yes their season is over. Now it's waitlist or bust.
Yeah, I check my spam pretty regularly. Guess they are just one of those schools that don't send out rejections to people who don't interview!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure they've cut down their alternate list by a lot and are keeping a select handful in the case people drop.

Reactions: 1 user
The email in question:
Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 6.43.15 PM.png

• Care
  • Sad
I'm sure they've cut down their alternate list by a lot and are keeping a select handful in the case people drop.
Hopefully some of us get the A tomorrow as a result of the movement in other schools.

See ya'll tomorrow hopefully with some decent news!

Just rejected from the alternate list. Ouc
Yeah it’ll be interesting to see what that means for those of us who didn’t get the email
Yes, my email was different but basically the same. If you didn’t get it, it may mean if you’re willing to hang in there for another month or so, you may get a seat. I noticed there were only withdrawals on sdn this week so maybe they were quite full and just don’t need many ALers. Good luck. Thankfully I have another school to attend!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Yes, my email was different but basically the same. If you didn’t get it, it may mean if you’re willing to hang in there for another month or so, you may get a seat. I noticed there were only withdrawals on sdn this week so maybe they were quite full and just don’t need many ALers. Good luck. Thankfully I have another school to attend!
I hope it translates into an A. I think the withdrawals are mostly people who have other acceptances. I for one have none. This is only school option this year. 1II -> 1WL so hopefully I get the A.

Do you mind sharing what the email said? I am just curious how it was different

Has anyone who has interviewed not heard anything back about your status yet? It's been over two months now, no emails or anything and I've been checking my spam religiously. Though at this point I'm assuming whatever the status is can't be good...

The bottom line was the same but formatting different. Obviously
Formatting different, just wasn’t a exact copy of the language, but basically same bottom line, a lot of qualified candidates, couldn’t accept everyone we interviewed. He/she said they filled the class. But i still think they’ll get drops so good luck to the remaining survivors! I had 2As so it’s all good on this end. I hope the seats go to those who need their first A!

• Care
Yeah hopefully this week or next week get the As. I think some people may drop in the next few weeks.

I withdrew and they still rejected me from the AL lol

• Haha
  • Hmm
Public shaming. Lol, I never interviewed with them, but they didn't even send me a rejection. They're the only school that didn't have some sort of post-secondary communication. We love to see it...

Public shaming. Lol, I never interviewed with them, but they didn't even send me a rejection. They're the only school that didn't have some sort of post-secondary communication. We love to see it...
Only? Dang you popular. Like 1/4 of my schools just ghosted me :rofl:

That's the first day you can reapply to amcas. I'm tryna save like $2000 haha
You can submit to one school just pay $170 and add the rest of your school list In June before transmission date
if you get in between May 27 and June 25 then you didn't waste too much money!

You can submit to one school just pay $170 and add the rest of your school list In June before transmission date
if you get in between May 27 and June 25 then you didn't waste too much money!
Oh wow thats a good point lol, thanks a lot!

• Care
This is my second year on the WL. It just hurts at this point.

• Care
This is my second year on the WL. It just hurts at this point.
My ortho surgeons scribe got in this year after 4 years of grinding. No matter what comes of this cycle, you can do this!!

• Love
Went from AL to R yesterday as well. Guess it's time for application cycle round 2

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
I have a wedding to attend this week in the midst of MCAT studying. If I get in I can actually enjoy the wedding. Or else catch me doing Anki on table 2.

• Care
I thought I didn't receive the AL --> R email on Thursday, but it turns out it was in my "Promotions" inbox on Gmail this whole time :/ Good luck to everyone else still on the AL!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
I thought I didn't receive the AL --> R email on Thursday, but it turns out it was in my "Promotions" inbox on Gmail this whole time :/ Good luck to everyone else still on the AL!
does it update in your portal as well?