2020-2021 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No one who was on the AL list has gotten an update since last Thursday when others were rejected from AL right?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
If they don’t do AL list before re-apps that would be uncool

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The AL list can be pulled up until the first days of orientation, in case people drop.

The AL list can be pulled up until the first days of orientation, in case people drop.
Right. It just seems like there’s been a few people who have and no movement - then they sent out that the class was full, rejecting AL people. Just confusing lol

Do you know how much movement is anticipated?
I'd assume marginal if any at this point. The class is full. The waitlist has already been cut down. I don't think schools expect >20% of their currently accepted students to drop.

For anyone who applied to Albany last year and was on the AL, did they ever send an email once their class was filled?

For anyone who applied to Albany last year and was on the AL, did they ever send an email once their class was filled?
Nope. The last thing I received was a rejection email at the end of July.

Has anyone received their deposit back after withdrawing their acceptance?

Has anyone received their deposit back after withdrawing their acceptance?
I received a check in the mail a few weeks after withdrawing. I need to deposit that... thanks for the reminder lol

ive appreciated everyone’s transparency on here bc it’s been soul-sucking to be in a constant state of unknowing these past few months... so wanted to report i got the R at 8:16 this morning. (interviewed 3/10 —> AL)
p sad, but thankful they didn’t drag me along for another month i suppose... need some emotional recovery time for reapps lol
in terms of email content, it was the similar message ppl shared before: 5E8C5D1C-6C2F-4D76-A730-12A2F6A4A240.jpeg

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
ive appreciated everyone’s transparency on here bc it’s been soul-sucking to be in a constant state of unknowing these past few months... so wanted to report i got the R at 8:16 this morning. (interviewed 3/10 —> AL)
p sad, but thankful they didn’t drag me along for another month i suppose... need some emotional recovery time for reapps lol
in terms of email content, it was the similar message ppl shared before: View attachment 337713

Same here. Interviewed October, then AL. Rejected via email.. brutal

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it likely that the remainder of the R emails come today? I have been checking my email constantly and it feels like they are delaying the inevitable.

• Sad
Is it likely that the remainder of the R emails come today? I have been checking my email constantly and it feels like they are delaying the inevitable.
I am also constantly checking spam, promotions, etc
I never called them before to check I was on AL and I got really anxious about if my form ever got submitted correctly
So I called and they let me know my status. I also asked and if you interviewed with them but did not receive an A (and are no longer on AL), you can get feedback from them.. I feel this is a service every school should offer given how much they drag their applicants through the mud

I never called them before to check I was on AL and I got really anxious about if my form ever got submitted correctly
So I called and they let me know my status. I also asked and if you interviewed with them but did not receive an A (and are no longer on AL), you can get feedback from them.. I feel this is a service every school should offer given how much they drag their applicants through the mud
Yet re-apps open tomorrow so I’m not sure how valuable their feedback will be at this point.

• Care
Yet re-apps open tomorrow so I’m not sure how valuable their feedback will be at this point.
Maybe for secondaries and interviews? :( Or maybe you find out whatever they wanted more of before you now have in this reapp! I feel you tho I'm ready to submit tomorrow and the overlap of cycles is just 💀

+1 R after being on the AL. Good luck all!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
+1 didn't receive an email, sweating bullets!

What number and what time of the day did you call? I have been trying to get a hold of the admissions office for a few weeks now and have not been able to get through at all.

What number and what time of the day did you call? I have been trying to get a hold of the admissions office for a few weeks now and have not been able to get through at all.
I'm surprised to hear that, they picked up after 1 ring for me this morning!
I called 5182625521 at 7am PST today, Wednesday

I'm surprised to hear that, they picked up after 1 ring for me this morning!
I called 5182625521 at 7am PST today, Wednesday
Thank you for your response! I called yesterday around that time and they picked up

• Love
Did anyone who is on the AL email the admissions asking for an update as to whether their class is full?

Are there any current lurking AMC students who may be able to answer a few questions?

Reactions: 1 users
To accepted students: how soon after you received your first acceptance email did the "commit to enroll" option become available?

My application was complete last august and I haven't received any correspondence from them…fair to say that AMC gives silent rejections?

My application was complete last august and I haven't received any correspondence from them…fair to say that AMC gives silent rejections?
Seems to be the case. I didn't apply this year, but last year I never heard anything after the application complete email.

Accepted students - did any of you receive verification that AMC received your official transcripts? I tried emailing them, but... yeah no response

Accepted students - did any of you receive verification that AMC received your official transcripts? I tried emailing them, but... yeah no response
If your school uses Parchment for transcript delivery, you’ll get an email update from Parchment when AMC downloads the official transcript. I didn’t get any official notification from AMC tho, only from Parchment.

I got ghosted by this school. Do you think I can get money back for my secondary? There secondary was like $125 I think.

Reactions: 1 users
I got ghosted by this school. Do you think I can get money back for my secondary? There secondary was like $125 I think.
That’s a good point! This secondary was so expensive and they can’t even have the courtesy to reject us….medicine is such a bureaucracy smh

i emailed the admissions office directly and they confirmed that they had been received. I sent the hard copies way earlier in the year and they were never received for some reason (or it was just lost in transition since some were working remotely back then), then I re-sent them electronically. admissions can take a while to respond though so maybe try calling

I can only assume I don't need to withdraw my application if they ghosted me after my secondary 😬

• Sad
I just realized they ghosted me too! It was silence since secondary completion