You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Albany
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
i mean it's contingent on people dropping now given their class is fullIf they don’t do AL list before re-apps that would be uncool
The AL list can be pulled up until the first days of orientation, in case people drop.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
theepremed
Full Member
Right. It just seems like there’s been a few people who have and no movement - then they sent out that the class was full, rejecting AL people. Just confusing lolThe AL list can be pulled up until the first days of orientation, in case people drop.
synergetics2020
Full Member
Do you know how much movement is anticipated?The AL list can be pulled up until the first days of orientation, in case people drop.
I'd assume marginal if any at this point. The class is full. The waitlist has already been cut down. I don't think schools expect >20% of their currently accepted students to drop.Do you know how much movement is anticipated?
For anyone who applied to Albany last year and was on the AL, did they ever send an email once their class was filled?
Nope. The last thing I received was a rejection email at the end of July.For anyone who applied to Albany last year and was on the AL, did they ever send an email once their class was filled?
D
deleted649998
Has anyone received their deposit back after withdrawing their acceptance?
I received a check in the mail a few weeks after withdrawing. I need to deposit that... thanks for the reminder lolHas anyone received their deposit back after withdrawing their acceptance?
ive appreciated everyone’s transparency on here bc it’s been soul-sucking to be in a constant state of unknowing these past few months... so wanted to report i got the R at 8:16 this morning. (interviewed 3/10 —> AL)
p sad, but thankful they didn’t drag me along for another month i suppose... need some emotional recovery time for reapps lol
in terms of email content, it was the similar message ppl shared before:
p sad, but thankful they didn’t drag me along for another month i suppose... need some emotional recovery time for reapps lol
in terms of email content, it was the similar message ppl shared before:

ive appreciated everyone’s transparency on here bc it’s been soul-sucking to be in a constant state of unknowing these past few months... so wanted to report i got the R at 8:16 this morning. (interviewed 3/10 —> AL)
p sad, but thankful they didn’t drag me along for another month i suppose... need some emotional recovery time for reapps lol
in terms of email content, it was the similar message ppl shared before: View attachment 337713
Same here. Interviewed October, then AL. Rejected via email.. brutal
Same here
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
synergetics2020
Full Member
Just got rejected from AL
theepremed
Full Member
Seems like the ride is over - got the R too
starryfish
Full Member
I am also constantly checking spam, promotions, etcIs it likely that the remainder of the R emails come today? I have been checking my email constantly and it feels like they are delaying the inevitable.
I never called them before to check I was on AL and I got really anxious about if my form ever got submitted correctly
So I called and they let me know my status. I also asked and if you interviewed with them but did not receive an A (and are no longer on AL), you can get feedback from them.. I feel this is a service every school should offer given how much they drag their applicants through the mud
theepremed
Full Member
Yet re-apps open tomorrow so I’m not sure how valuable their feedback will be at this point.I am also constantly checking spam, promotions, etc
I never called them before to check I was on AL and I got really anxious about if my form ever got submitted correctly
So I called and they let me know my status. I also asked and if you interviewed with them but did not receive an A (and are no longer on AL), you can get feedback from them.. I feel this is a service every school should offer given how much they drag their applicants through the mud
starryfish
Full Member
Maybe for secondaries and interviews? 🙁 Or maybe you find out whatever they wanted more of before you now have in this reapp! I feel you tho I'm ready to submit tomorrow and the overlap of cycles is just 💀Yet re-apps open tomorrow so I’m not sure how valuable their feedback will be at this point.
Anyone on AL not get this email?
elderlypremedboi
New Member
Just got rejected of the AL this morning.
Good luck friends!
Good luck friends!
I also did not receive a R email todayAnyone on AL not get this email?
What number and what time of the day did you call? I have been trying to get a hold of the admissions office for a few weeks now and have not been able to get through at all.I am also constantly checking spam, promotions, etc
I never called them before to check I was on AL and I got really anxious about if my form ever got submitted correctly
So I called and they let me know my status. I also asked and if you interviewed with them but did not receive an A (and are no longer on AL), you can get feedback from them.. I feel this is a service every school should offer given how much they drag their applicants through the mud
starryfish
Full Member
I'm surprised to hear that, they picked up after 1 ring for me this morning!What number and what time of the day did you call? I have been trying to get a hold of the admissions office for a few weeks now and have not been able to get through at all.
I called 5182625521 at 7am PST today, Wednesday
Thank you for your response! I called yesterday around that time and they picked upI'm surprised to hear that, they picked up after 1 ring for me this morning!
I called 5182625521 at 7am PST today, Wednesday
Did anyone who is on the AL email the admissions asking for an update as to whether their class is full?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
koolkat420
Full Member
Are there any current lurking AMC students who may be able to answer a few questions?
Montman17
Full Member
Congratulations!!!! Did they call you?JUST ACCEPTED!
no, I received an acceptance email at 11:30am EST (sent to junk mail)Congratulations!!!! Did they call you?
waitlist_limbo
New Member
My application was complete last august and I haven't received any correspondence from them…fair to say that AMC gives silent rejections?
Seems to be the case. I didn't apply this year, but last year I never heard anything after the application complete email.My application was complete last august and I haven't received any correspondence from them…fair to say that AMC gives silent rejections?
waitlist_limbo
New Member
Thanks for the reply! Damn, they just take the money and run smhSeems to be the case. I didn't apply this year, but last year I never heard anything after the application complete email.
About 2 or 3 days for meTo accepted students: how soon after you received your first acceptance email did the "commit to enroll" option become available?
drsunshine89
Full Member
Accepted students - did any of you receive verification that AMC received your official transcripts? I tried emailing them, but... yeah no response
If your school uses Parchment for transcript delivery, you’ll get an email update from Parchment when AMC downloads the official transcript. I didn’t get any official notification from AMC tho, only from Parchment.Accepted students - did any of you receive verification that AMC received your official transcripts? I tried emailing them, but... yeah no response
I got ghosted by this school. Do you think I can get money back for my secondary? There secondary was like $125 I think.
Probably not.
waitlist_limbo
New Member
That’s a good point! This secondary was so expensive and they can’t even have the courtesy to reject us….medicine is such a bureaucracy smhI got ghosted by this school. Do you think I can get money back for my secondary? There secondary was like $125 I think.
i emailed the admissions office directly and they confirmed that they had been received. I sent the hard copies way earlier in the year and they were never received for some reason (or it was just lost in transition since some were working remotely back then), then I re-sent them electronically. admissions can take a while to respond though so maybe try callingAccepted students - did any of you receive verification that AMC received your official transcripts? I tried emailing them, but... yeah no response
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yurp, I don't think it's gonna happen though...Anyone still on the waitlist?
I can only assume I don't need to withdraw my application if they ghosted me after my secondary 😬
I just want a refund. Not responding means they never looked at my application.I can only assume I don't need to withdraw my application if they ghosted me after my secondary 😬