-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Buffalo
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Interviewing soon. I have two questions if anyone can please answer.
1. I was born and raised in NY and lived there my entire life. Moved out of state less than a year ago. I still have my NY driver's license. Would I still qualify for in-state tuition?
2. Can people who interviewed share how their interview went?
Thank you
1. I was born and raised in NY and lived there my entire life. Moved out of state less than a year ago. I still have my NY driver's license. Would I still qualify for in-state tuition?
2. Can people who interviewed share how their interview went?
Thank you
1. When I interviewed the financial aid person gave the example that if your permanent address was somewhere in NY but you went to school out of state and you signed a lease at a house/apartment off campus and lived there for 1 year you will be considered out of state and have to pay out of state tuition for the first year.Interviewing soon. I have two questions if anyone can please answer.
1. I was born and raised in NY and lived there my entire life. Moved out of state less than a year ago. I still have my NY driver's license. Would I still qualify for in-state tuition?
2. Can people who interviewed share how their interview went?
Thank you
2. The interview day at UB is very relaxing! The only time I got nervous was the first time my name was called but other than that I felt calm throughout the entire day. My first interview was with a professor and was more of a formal interview asking me questions about my application and one ethical question but was still very easy and straightforward! My second interview was with a M2 and it was like talking to a friend and didn’t even feel like an interview! They just want to get to know you beyond what they can read on paper and are not trying to intimidate you or trip you up at all. Also they give you a writing prompt prior to your interviews and give you 10 minutes to answer it but I was never asked about it in my interviews so I think it may come into play when they re-review your app? But I really don’t know lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed 2/26. Accepted 2/28!!!
The interview is very relaxed, they really just want to get to know you as a person.
The interview is very relaxed, they really just want to get to know you as a person.
Last edited:
Did you write a letter of interest/intent or anything? I was WL last Friday and I'm frantically trying to make sense of what (if anything) I can do to possibly change my chance of getting in off the WL. Huge congrats on your A though 🙂!!!Accepted! (off the waitlist). Interviewed 1/20.
Congrats on the A!!! Did you send them anything between your interview, being waitlisted and then your acceptance off the WL? I got a WL and I'm trying to make sense of how to move forwardOMGGGGGGG!!!! Accepted off waitlist
soontobemd2024
New Member
interviewed 1/08... thought i killed the interview. Got waitlisted 1/30. To my surprise, i got accepted this past Friday!
However, when i go to pay for $100 fee, it says there is an error. Did anybody else experience this?
However, when i go to pay for $100 fee, it says there is an error. Did anybody else experience this?
Yes, I sent an update/LOI after the waitlist decision.Congrats on the A!!! Did you send them anything between your interview, being waitlisted and then your acceptance off the WL? I got a WL and I'm trying to make sense of how to move forward
interviewed 1/08... thought i killed the interview. Got waitlisted 1/30. To my surprise, i got accepted this past Friday!
However, when i go to pay for $100 fee, it says there is an error. Did anybody else experience this?
First of all, CONGRATS!
I haven't gotten the email with the student number yet, so I haven't tried to pay the deposit. When did you get the email with the student number?
emoryundergrad2020
Full Member
For those who were accepted off of the waitlist, did you submit letters of interest?
D
deleted971841
My friend interviewed in September, waitlisted October, accepted last week.^also wondering if it's unlikely now for people to get off waitlist who interviewed in November/ earlier in cycle. It seems like everyone who got accepted off waitlist was january and later... 🙁
are they done interviewing its been radio silence since August...
I believe they go all the way thru april. Also silence submitted end julyare they done interviewing its been radio silence since August...
Same besides the tease emails on why Buffalo is a great medical schoolI believe they go all the way thru april. Also silence submitted end july

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i want/ to unsubscribe but will that affect my chanceSame besides the tease emails on why Buffalo is a great medical school![]()

No it will not affect your chance!i want/ to unsubscribe but will that affect my chance![]()
Also best way to hear back from schools who ghost you is to send them a withdrawal email lol. I had 3 schools who have ghosted me since July, so I sent an email stating I had an acceptance and wanted to withdraw my app from further consideration at their school.............. I heard back from all of them within a few hours hehehe
I was just joking🤣No it will not affect your chance!
Also best way to hear back from schools who ghost you is to send them a withdrawal email lol. I had 3 schools who have ghosted me since July, so I sent an email stating I had an acceptance and wanted to withdraw my app from further consideration at their school.............. I heard back from all of them within a few hours hehehe
Withdrew my interview for March 11, hope it goes to one of you!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
They interview until mid-Aprilare they done interviewing its been radio silence since August...
4everrunning
Full Member
Anyone else still silence?
Anyone else still silence?
Meee! I had asked if they were receptive to update letters and the lady on the phone said yes but she seemed like she couldn’t care less.
Complete silence too. However I know someone who just got a late interview but at this point I feel like not many (if anymore) interviews will be given out since their date was the 2nd week of April. I am guessing that is the end of their cycle but I’m not sure.
Can I ask what time do the interviews usually end? The email said 5 but I wonder if that is always the case.Current Buffalo student here. Feel free to ask me any questions on here or DM. Also willing to host any out of town guests for their interview - don't waste the money on a hotel. Good luck everyone!
Thanks!
premed1080
New Member
Is there any sort of accepted students page yet?
Just depends when you get called for your interview. I was called early for both of mine so I left around 3:15. It could go to 5 though if you are one of the later interviews.Can I ask what time do the interviews usually end? The email said 5 but I wonder if that is always the case.
Thanks!
buddhadoc518
Full Member
To my fellow peeps who have been accepted, is the signed form that you filled out from Admissions binding? In the sense that signing that form means you are committing to matriculating there in August?
No it’s not. Nothing is binding until you CTE I believeTo my fellow peeps who have been accepted, is the signed form that you filled out from Admissions binding? In the sense that signing that form means you are committing to matriculating there in August?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t think they will interview anymore as the state is under emergency now even if they still have interview spots left no school wants to risk at this point so RIPComplete silence too. However I know someone who just got a late interview but at this point I feel like not many (if anymore) interviews will be given out since their date was the 2nd week of April. I am guessing that is the end of their cycle but I’m not sure.
Lmao random review really ****ed usI don’t think they will interview anymore as the state is under emergency now even if they still have interview spots left no school wants to risk at this point so RIP
I was worried about this too. I hope it's not the case... some other schools have switched to virtual interviewsI don’t think they will interview anymore as the state is under emergency now even if they still have interview spots left no school wants to risk at this point so RIP
pls rosso gib me virtual iiI was worried about this too. I hope it's not the case... some other schools have switched to virtual interviews
I'm supposed to interview next week and received an email today that all further in-person interviews are cancelled but they are working on getting a skype interview system up and running
Does anyone know where we're sending back the filled acceptance package forms? Is it all going to back to Mr. Rosso after we fill them? I don't see anything about who to send them to. Thanks in advance!
I asked and we send them to the medical school admissions officeDoes anyone know where we're sending back the filled acceptance package forms? Is it all going to back to Mr. Rosso after we fill them? I don't see anything about who to send them to. Thanks in advance!
Thank you!I asked and we send them to the medical school admissions office
Do we need to send physical copies or can we just fax them?I asked and we send them to the medical school admissions office
Not totally sure. I planned on doing physical copiesDo we need to send physical copies or can we just fax them?
BreakfastFoods
Full Member
Are they still offering interviews?
Do you think COVID will have any impact on the waitlist movement? For example, ADCOMs not meting and so forth
MDtobe2024
Full Member
Do you think COVID will have any impact on the waitlist movement? For example, ADCOMs not meting and so forth
I think it may make the process a little slower, but I’m sure they’re still meeting in some capacity, either in person or virtually.
Grapesurgery
Full Member
I completely forgot I applied here back in September. I have not received a single update/email since then! It definitely feels like they just took my money and ran with it, haha.
Does anyone know how to withdraw? No button in the portal and the only confirmation email I received from them is from a do not reply address.
Does anyone know how to withdraw? No button in the portal and the only confirmation email I received from them is from a do not reply address.
Has anyone received a financial aid offer yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuredoc2110
Full Member
First time applicant, interviewed March 11. Was told by one of my interviewers (the former dean of admissions) I would hear back by that Friday (March 13). COVID-19 significantly ramped up the next day or two so I understand there is some delay, but in general how long did it take to receive your outcomes?
I’m in the same boat.First time applicant, interviewed March 11. Was told by one of my interviewers (the former dean of admissions) I would hear back by that Friday (March 13). COVID-19 significantly ramped up the next day or two so I understand there is some delay, but in general how long did it take to receive your outcomes?
anyone else completely ghosted by this school like not even getting those promo emails anymore lmao
Saaaame. I think they’re done giving out IIs tho when I called the lady said IIs offered until mid March for interviews until mid April