2019-2020 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
According to last year’s thread, they tend to send out waitlist rankings around this time! So it could happen any day now
Just got an email about where I am on the alternate list!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how big the waitlist is? Just got notified that I am in the top 1/3rd and in the top priority category and am trying to figure out how long is reasonable to wait to hear back before financially locking myself into another school.

Does anyone know how big the waitlist is? Just got notified that I am in the top 1/3rd and in the top priority category and am trying to figure out how long is reasonable to wait to hear back before financially locking myself into another school.
Unsure, but after looking at last year's thread it looks like they don't disclose that info. A lot of students got in throughout May though!

Reactions: 1 user
Middle third +1. Their email says they usually make 270-300 offers to fill the class before classes start in August but the admissions tracker says 300 offers have been made so I'm assuming there won't be much movement. So sad because this was my dream!

• Sad
I looked at the thread last year and everyone who posted about being on the top 1/3 got an acceptance in May or June, except for one or two people, and they may not have posted about it.

Reactions: 4 users
Top priority waitlist! This is really exciting for me as I’m sitting on 4 waitlists with no acceptances and really love Colorado

As mentioned above, the application cycle is a total crapshoot for most people. Most only have one or two state schools where the tuition is much cheaper, and getting into any one school is statistically unlikely, so we apply to a bunch of other private schools, most of which cost $50-60k in tuition. On top of the private schools, some throw in a few out-of-state-friendly state schools, which are usually really expensive for out of staters. In my case, I didn't have a state school, so I could choose between a private school far from home at $60k/year or Colorado, closer to home, in a cool, outdoorsy location, but about $65k/year. The extra $20k over the course of medical school is a lot of money, but it is comparatively not a lot of money. Especially if you think that it's worth it to live closer to family and in a place that you're more comfortable/happy to live.
Thank you! I always like to hear other people's perspectives. I definitely agree with you on how the application process is a "total crapshoot" lol I'm sure most people do too.

Withdrew. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Middle third +1. Their email says they usually make 270-300 offers to fill the class before classes start in August but the admissions tracker says 300 offers have been made so I'm assuming there won't be much movement. So sad because this was my dream!

So it says that they generally offer 270-300 acceptances. On the admissions tracker is says that they have already offered 295, could this possibly mean there will be less acceptances of the waitlist?

This is from last cycle. It was about the same situation, and a bunch of people were accepted off the waitlist. Let's not lose hope!

Last edited:
do you guys think there's any chance for people in the middle 1/3? (I feel like the middle 1/3 is probably the bottom, given that would they really tell people they are in the bottom 1/3?) debating whether to withdraw! just really loved my interview day experience at colorado, and all the really nice fellow interviewees I met:(

Reactions: 2 users
do you guys think there's any chance for people in the middle 1/3? (I feel like the middle 1/3 is probably the bottom, given that would they really tell people they are in the bottom 1/3?) debating whether to withdraw! just really loved my interview day experience at colorado, and all the really nice fellow interviewees I met:(
If you are aiming for Colorado, all you can do now is be hopeful! If you are willing to attend even if they send an acceptance in August, then I see no reason to withdraw your app. Not sure what the likelihood is for mid-tier, but it doesn't sound like they are going to tell us much.

Does anyone know the minimum grade they accept for prerequisites? I'm finishing up my last math course online and am trying to gauge how much effort I need to put in ;).

Anyone know how it works if you haven't heard about WL yet? I'm still on "Read" from the interview in January...

Withdrew! Good luck everyone on the WL!

Edit: OOS for those wondering.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my acceptance. Best of luck to those on the waitlist!

I'm OOS for those that are wondering.

Withdrew my acceptance (OOS). GL to everyone on the waitlist!!!

Does anyone know if we are required to select plan to enroll for colorado? I narrowed it down to one acceptance but would like to hold off on planning to enroll just in case it has a better chance for getting off a waitlist

Does anyone know if we are required to select plan to enroll for colorado? I narrowed it down to one acceptance but would like to hold off on planning to enroll just in case it has a better chance for getting off a waitlist
Today is the deadline that you have to select one of your current acceptances that you plan on enrolling at, so the other acceptances will be declined. If you are on any waitlists, you can stay on them, but you only get to hold on to one acceptance after today. Someone feel free to correct me if that isn't accurate.

EDIT: So if Colorado is your only acceptance, I think you have to plan to enroll, unless you don't have the intention of actually going here, in which case I guess you'd decline your acceptance (on the portal or via email).

I plan to withdraw as well OOS, but would kinda like to know my financial aid offer tbh. I already got rejected for scholarships, so I guess there isn’t much to know other than loans.

I plan to withdraw as well OOS, but would kinda like to know my financial aid offer tbh. I already got rejected for scholarships, so I guess there isn’t much to know other than loans.
Financial aid offers were made available on the portal a couple of weeks ago.

Financial aid offers were made available on the portal a couple of weeks ago.

I’ve been checking my portal daily, says no award information available, also been checking CU email

Well... 20 minutes after my post above, I got a call offering me a half-tuition scholarship! Was very shocking especially because I got the scholarship rejection email regarding my scholarship application. Needless to say this really changed the game, I was on the verge of withdrawing for another, cheaper OOS school, thank goodness I didn't! So for those of you who were rejected from the scholarship committee, just know that all hope isn't lost it seems!

• Wow
Well... 20 minutes after my post above, I got a call offering me a half-tuition scholarship! Was very shocking especially because I got the scholarship rejection email regarding my scholarship application. Needless to say this really changed the game, I was on the verge of withdrawing for another, cheaper OOS school, thank goodness I didn't! So for those of you who were rejected from the scholarship committee, just know that all hope isn't lost it seems!
Wow, that’s amazing, congratulations!! Did you reach out to them at all since the original scholarship decision or was this just out of the blue?

Wow, that’s amazing, congratulations!! Did you reach out to them at all since the original scholarship decision or was this just out of the blue?
No not at all. I just got the email discussed s few weeks ago in this thread and was completely disappointed because if I had gotten into any other school I was basically going to have to withdraw since they are all cheaper. Then out of the blue, no financial aid information at all, I got the call from the dean of admissions letting me know.

No not at all. I just got the email discussed s few weeks ago in this thread and was completely disappointed because if I had gotten into any other school I was basically going to have to withdraw since they are all cheaper. Then out of the blue, no financial aid information at all, I got the call from the dean of admissions letting me know.

That is amazing!

I looked at the thread last year and everyone who posted about being on the top 1/3 got an acceptance in May or June, except for one or two people, and they may not have posted about it.
At least one person who was on top 1/3 WL is reapplying this cycle

• Sad
Hey all!

Unfortunately I have decided to attend a different institution, but I am happy to know my half tuition scholarship and seat will go to one of y'all!

Best of luck!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Hey all!

Unfortunately I have decided to attend a different institution, but I am happy to know my half tuition scholarship and seat will go to one of y'all!

Best of luck!
IS or OOS? Thanks for letting us know and good luck in med school!

I talked to someone from financial aid and they said that my scholarships offers were final, but a bunch of people received half tuition offers after they were told that they were not accepted for scholarships. Also a lot of people withdrew that had offers. I would really like to go here but taking out 70k in loans every year is ridiculous and idk what's happening with offers anymore.

I talked to someone from financial aid and they said that my scholarships offers were final, but a bunch of people received half tuition offers after they were told that they were not accepted for scholarships. Also a lot of people withdrew that had offers. I would really like to go here but taking out 70k in loans every year is ridiculous and idk what's happening with offers anymore.
Yeah I asked that question during my phone call and the dean said something along the lines of “oh this scholarship comes from the admissions committee, kinda seperate from the scholarship committee.”

Anyone know how scholarships work for anyone that gets pulled from WL?

Has anyone heard anything or know anyone who has? I feel like movement is taking longer than it did the last couple years.

Has anyone heard anything or know anyone who has? I feel like movement is taking longer than it did the last couple years.

Doesn't seem like there's been any movement here so far... But over the past four years, May 10th is the average first date that students reported acceptances off CU's high-priority waitlist. Hopefully you'll get news soon, but I wouldn't give up yet!

Reactions: 4 users
Is it possible the class is already full and there will be no/minimal WL movement this year? :(

• Sad
Does anyone know if Colorado has made ANY offers post April 30th? I’m curious if they’re just waiting longer to release the first wave of offers due to delays bc of COVID or if they truly have much less waitlist movement than previous years. I’m tempted to call but don’t want to jump the gun as it’s only the 12th.

• Hmm